April Walking Challenge! Lets keep walking!

Options
This is continued from the January,February, & March Walking Challenge, but its nice when each month has its own thread. :laugh:

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

Make a ticker and keep it in your signature to remind you of your goal, and show everyone how well your doing. Go to this website.

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=8

Pick out your ticker pictures, set your miles or minutes, and your goal. Then copy all of the bbCode into your signature. :) It will look like this (but in your ticker...like mine) You use the url (from the bbCode) to update your ticker everyday (you can find this in your signature after you post the code there), just remember your pin.

Example of Tracking Miles - 1 mile everyday

exercise.png

Example of tracking Minutes - 30 min everyday

exercise.png

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK. :laugh:

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking April 1st!

Replies

• What about walking around your house? i get most of mine in with all the 'Mommy chores' I do every day. Either way I'm in!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm in AGAIN!!!! I love this challenge!

At the moment, I'm sticking to walking most mornings using my Leslie Sansone walking dvds and at the weekends, getting out for a 'proper' walk.

My ticker will have to reduce because I didn't manage to fulfil last month's goal. Think I'll go for 75 miles this time.

Most of April, I will be off work - school holidays. I get 2 weeks off, as of next Friday. I go back to work on Tuesday 26th then am off again from 29th (Royal Wedding) til 3rd June so I should be able to get some serious walking in during my holidays!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love walking I have been trying to walk at least 2 miles a day. I have a path outside that is a little more than 2 miles and I love the walking DVD I got at walmart it is so easy.
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in again for April! :smile: My April goal will be 630 minutes.
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the April Walking Challenge! Good luck to you all
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Im in for this,I love walking.I look forward to encouraging and being encouraged.

Good Luck everyone.
  • bayles1
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention,my target is 45 hours during the month of April.
  • kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to mention,my target is 45 hours during the month of April.

Hi Bayles I noticed your target is 45 miles for April, mine is too... Hope you get there, not sure if I'm being a bit ambitious but set last month at 30 miles and went over so....
    Good Luck!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Goal set, ready for tomorrow!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I'm in again... going to set my goal for 400 minutes for April.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this sounds like fun :)
    I'm going for 70km in April!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    First month with you all this month, but I'd like to get to 50 miles by the end of April. Off to sort out a ticker!
  • missjay001
    Options
    I'm in.
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm in again too :)

im going to measure in distance this month instead of time. The distance i cover varies because something i walk myself and others i have a 2 year toddling behind, so i'm going to try for 40 miles this month and see how i go.

good luck everyone x

Oh and i've done 0.8 miles today, not too exciting, but considering the rain we have today its a good start.
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm back also. Since I met my goal last month, I'll try to average 1,000 more steps a day. Let's see how close I can get for April.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Today is the start day :) Hope to see everyones tickers moving this month.
  • LindsaySarai
    Options
    I am in for the challenge! I am going to go for 360 minutes for the month.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Hoping hubby remembered to get my pedometer so I can start tracking this accurately. Will start tonight, if he has it.

1st month, so I'm going to start at 25 miles and see how I do!
  • bayles1
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Hope your day is going well.Have been out and done the first one and a half hours today.So onwards and upwards for the weekend.Enjoy yourselves.......:smile:

Best Wishes,
    Steve.