WOMEN AGES 50+ for April

Options

Replies

• grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi Natalie hope all goes well for you. I am new in the site and I am just browsing to see how the dynamic develops. so far i like what i see. url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]6360958.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome to the group, glad you found us. It's taken me a whole month to drop 3 pounds, but I am sticking to this diet, a way of life... MFP has helped me get started...
    Natalie
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Dee, indoor walking certainly does count, in my book! Not sure who Leslie is though, must check her out some time! I take it I need a treadmill? The weather we're having today, that seems very attractive, I must say!:laugh:
    Good luck with the rest of your miles!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    mimi7grands (Mary) Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss - it makes me even more determined on days like this! It's 10am here and I'm still sitting around with my laptop AND a good book, (The News Where You Are by Catherine O'Flynn) waiting for the rain to fade a bit! Problem here is that a person could wait a while! (As you may have guessed by now). Our roads are in a dreadful state after heavy snow in the winter, heavy rains now are causing huge pools of water in the holes in the road and even more damage to cars. The one thing I suppose we could cope with in this country, is a drought, though I've never actually come close to experiencing one, so I'm merely guessing!:smile:
    If the rain doesn't stop sometime really soon, I'll be forced to face the elements! Dee's indoor walk routine sounds more and more attractive from where I'm sitting.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Annie and Ijlemfp!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Morning Everyone,
    It looks like it is going to be a wonderful spring day here. I am ready to get some time outside. I did go to my Weigh Loss Challenge and I was down .6 lb. Since I weigh in everyday I knew that I wasn't going to have a big loss and I was frustrated. I did bring the past couple of weeks of my food diary the leader to review so that I can get some feedback from her during the week. So today I bit the bullet and updated my ticker here. I am glad that we set our April goals just a few days ago because I can focus on those and see where that takes me.

Have a good day!
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The Y has changed the rules - you need a "ticket" before you take a cardio-vascular class. Unfortunately, I was too late for my zumba class:sad: I talked myself into staying at the Y to work out in the weight room and took a spin class. So, the ticket system worked in the long run~! How did I use up most of those extra calories afterward? Snacking on almonds & jelly beans as I watched tv:embarassed: Have you ever noticed that the night commercials are all food??? Bravo to the tivo group!
    Welcome today! I did yoga this morning. I will eat clean today without sugar!
    Make it a great day!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Linda, Leslie Sansone would be way cheaper than a treadmill! :smile: She has a series of DVDs out where you move in a small area in front of your TV when you can't get outside to walk. I've used her for years. I much prefer to be out in nature, but these are a great backup. Google her....she has a website.

I'm so excited.....:bigsmile: :laugh: :noway: I had my weighin this morning and got below another "0" number. Only 5 more pounds to go. You know how hard the last pounds are to get off and keep off, so I have got to keep myself exercising. That's why I've made exericise my primary focus so I can form those good habits.

Welome to the new gals. You'll love it here. :flowerforyou:

Dee
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated birthday, Lyn! gbirthday21.gif Sorry I missed it.

I've been sick these past few days and didn't get here to read posts. Trying to catch up now.

Hope everyone is doing well; praying for a speedy recovery for Amanda.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bluebirds are chirping out my window so in honor of all the joy they bring me, I changed my photo. I spend many hours in the summer watching and photographing the bluebirds. I have a bluebird house near my patio and we usually get two broods a season. :smile:
  • lyn54
    Options
    Dee, I have bluebird boxes too. I have two boxes by my kitchen and dining room windows. I love to watch them. What is a worm meal?
  • lyn54
    Options
    Thanks, again, for all the Birthday Wishes! You ladies rock!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • glendaaus
    glendaaus Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello ladies - I would also like to join your thread. I just joined from another website - that wasn't nearly as good as this one - or as friendly. I had already lost 18lb using that site - but have lost 1lb since Monday being here! I like to weigh on Wednesdays for some reason - so will only do that from now on. I live in Canada but am Australian, I am a professional dieter and have lost and gained hundreds of pounds during my life. I now have type 2 diabetes - so when I got on the scales in September when the numbers got really bad - I decided enough is enough and have worked hard to stay on track. I lost about 40lb a few years back doing Leslie Sansone dvd's - excellent - I now do a bit of everything - I don't have a good concentration span - so I go the gym, do dvd's and walk outdoors - that way I don't get bored. I have a nearly 9 year old so I have great motivation to get myself healthy - she helps me - and we go walking outdoors together - which I love.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and having some good laughs.

Just had my birthday on 12 March - turned 50!

Glenda
  • lyn54
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: Glenda!!! Good luck !!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hi All:flowerforyou:
    It's the 6th day into the month....
    but would like to join the 50+'ers!
    Pam
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    mimi7grands (Mary) Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss - it makes me even more determined on days like this! It's 10am here and I'm still sitting around with my laptop AND a good book, (The News Where You Are by Catherine O'Flynn) waiting for the rain to fade a bit! Problem here is that a person could wait a while! (As you may have guessed by now). Our roads are in a dreadful state after heavy snow in the winter, heavy rains now are causing huge pools of water in the holes in the road and even more damage to cars. The one thing I suppose we could cope with in this country, is a drought, though I've never actually come close to experiencing one, so I'm merely guessing!:smile:
    If the rain doesn't stop sometime really soon, I'll be forced to face the elements! Dee's indoor walk routine sounds more and more attractive from where I'm sitting.

Congrats on your pound loss, way to go....
    I am going to have the echocardiogram done in about 2 hours.. I am not going to ride the bike until after the test.... don't want to goof things up !!!
    HAVE A QUESTION....
    I got on the scale this morning, I KNOW, I sdaid I wouldn't, and it was UP TWO POUNDS, from weigh in day....is that normal, that it can flucuate that much from day to day?
    I also UPPED my calorie intake from 1280 to 1400 per daY....
    Natalie
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    Welcome to all our new women!! This is a supportive group and you will fit right in...no matter what day of the month it is!

Spring in So Calif is always the same...85 one day and 65 or less the next. DS has a Boy Scout campout in the mtns this weekend and it looks to be wet and rainy....maybe snow on Friday. I'm still planning on hitting my fav local nursery for veg plants today though....will not be detered by a little liquid sunshine!

Lunch with DD today...hmmm...what wonderful Chinese food can I have...will check the food tab and do some research.

Have a great day ladies!!
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Hi -- I have been off my plan for some time, but now I am back.

Goals:
    stay focused
    journal
    lose at least 15 pounds before I go to England in June
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends.

It's been a beautiful and warm day here in London. I've been sat in my garden reading and snoozing. Still in quite a lot of pain, which I guess is to be expected considering the size of the wound on my chest! It's a good job I'm not counting on wearing any low cut tops in the future!

The scale was kind to me this morning and I'm down another pound. I'm pretty certain that my inactivity is going to have a knock on effect soon though - I just don't want to gain more than a couple of pounds (actually, I'd prefer not to gain any!)

I have been told not to drive for at least six weeks and also, no swimming for about the same length of time. Walking is going to have to be my best and closest friend for a while. I've signed up to go to post-cardiac rehab sessions at the hospital gym, but can't start them until June.

In the meantime, the hopsital rang my DD yesterday to confirm that grandbaby Teddy will be having his surgery on his hand on the 28th of this month. My sister and I are going to look after his twin Molly while he has the surgery. The babies are getting so heavy now (they are almost five months old!) and I am not allowed to pick them up, although we did have snuggles the other day with them lay next to me on the bed. We all ended up giggling at one another - a real pick me up as far as I'm concerned.

It is scary to think that my darling little grandson is having surgery - if I dwell on it I will go into meltdown. Bless him, they are going to have to do a skin graft from his thigh to his hand. I will be asking for your prayers nearer to the time.

One more turn around the garden for me before an afternoon nap.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying or coping with the weather - whichever way the wind is blowing on you.

Take care.

Love

Amanda x
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Sounds like the weather is crazy all over. It is now about 45 here. Cold. I know not cold like some of you, but it was 80 on Monday before weather.
    On the today show this morning Matt had a guest that showed sodium levels in some foods. Oh my why oh why do they have to put so much salt in the food. the worst was a dish at PF changs that had over 7000 in one dish. I do not add salt to anything I eat or cook, I use other seasonings. why do restaurants have to do this to the food. How can we get this changed. one of them was a weight watchers frozen meal. they said it was for taste but if you are a good cook you can make food without salt. just thought I would share that with you. I have never worried about sodium cause I did not have to but this is kind of hard to ignore. Grandee that is why I only weigh weekly. Yes it can flunctuate that much and it just gets me discouraged. My husband and Barbie on this site weigh daily and they are fine with it. I cannot do that. Just try to pick a day and a time and weigh regular. It helps me because if I know I am going to weigh I am much better about eating and exercise.
    Have a great day ladies.
    Vicki M
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome Glenda and Pam...I hope you enjoy the boards.

Grabbit97....your experience with the scale is definitely like I usually experience. I know there are big fluations so I do like to hop on every day just to not happen to have the one day I weigh in during the week be an up day. I also know that I need to measure my success by the habits I am changing and not just the number.

It's great to read all the posts.....I don't feel so alone in this!