WOMEN AGES 50+ for April

Options

Replies

• mrsanderson404
    Options
    Spent the day at the vet with "well-kitty" checks and in the garden getting ready to plant...woohoo....fresh tomatoes here we come! If any young person is thinking of a career, I would think vet medicine is one way to support a family...in the time I was there (about 1.5 hours), there were at least 6 patients at $200-700 each....not bad.....can't imagine how expensive it would be if we had to pay our regular doctors rather than hand over our insurance cards.

On the up side...I need to garden everyday! When I put it into my exercise.....it gave me just over 800 calories for 2.5 hours of work! NOT BAD....now the question is....do I splurge and spend some time with Ben and Jerry tonight....or do I put that in my calorie savings account??
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Mary, the news about your mom is wonderful!!! I'm sure you loved every minute of that 10 minute conversation. What a blessing!

Linda, does in-home walking with a walking DVD count toward our 45 mile goal? I walked 2 miles with Leslie Sansone today making my total 3-1/2 miles. Gee, I only have 41-1/2 to go. :ohwell:

:tongue: Ljkemfp - I have challenged myself to have some kind of exercise to record daily. I am reaching the maintenance level and really need to concentrate on exercise. So join right in! You're in a great group here.

I had a much-needed day at home today. It was wonderful doing what I wanted when I wanted. I accomplished a lot and relaxed a lot. I cleaned, did laundry, read my book, listened to music, worked on the computer and talked to my DD and my DH who is in Memphis.

Saw a variety of weather report on the post....snow and 90s.....I can report rain, wind and 40s. :grumble:

I'm packing it in for the night. Can't wait to get back to my book. Everyone have a nice evening. :flowerforyou:

Dee
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I have read all the posts and my brain is scrambled. We are getting ready for a trip to California there has been so much to do especially because we have to leave the house looking perfect so that real estate agents can show it while we are gone.

:sad: we took the pets to be boarded this morning so it is sad and quiet and lonely now but no one is walking on the keyboard or pushing my arm asking to go for a walk or lying down in my lap or barking at a neighbor walking by :laugh: :laugh:

without dogs to walk and no visit to the dog park, I'm not getting the exercise and steps that I'm used to :sad:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: welcome to all the new members....this is a great place to get the encouragement and support that is so necessary for this weight loss journey :bigsmile:

I'd go to bed early tonight but I want to stay up and watch the DWTS results show.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Just got back from the Nuclear Stress Test, which I was SO SCARED to take... it was a piece of cake.. I dreaded the worst, headache, nausea, chest pains, when you read on the internet what things could happen, darn, why did I read on the internet eh?
    Tomorrow is the echocardiogram, that is a piece of cake ... had one before... no problem with that.
    Did my bike ride, took Zoey to Hospital (cancer center today), and now am relaxing, going to watch Private Practice, that I missed on Thursday night...
    Have a good evening..
    Natalie
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    How do I increase my calories?
    Natalie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    chicklet - your dedication to your mom constantly amazes me. You are my hero!

Dee - how wonderful to be invited to your gd's fort! I know that made your day.

Amanda - sleep as much as you need to. That's just your body telling you that it needs to heal. Just think - the sooner you heal, the sooner you can get back to exercise!

ljkempf - there's plenty of room for one more...or two...or three...ad infinitum. You've come to the right place!

I'm a bit frustrated. I talked to one of my neighbors and we decided that we'd go walking sometime. I had time today, so I called her last night to see what her schedule was like. She got home late so she didn't call me back. When she did, I must have been out getting the veges to take to the Mexican Train Dominoes tonight. I just NOW (3:30) got her message. The phone should flash when you have a message, but for some reason it doesn't. Well, I'm going to give her a call anyway, maybe we can walk a bit at least around the block. Update: we didn't walk, but I took a walk around the block. Tomorrow her hubby has an MD appt so I'll just call her when I get home from the Y and if she's around, we'll go for a walk.

Laura - just don't let that ice cream call to you all the time. Good for getting back on the wagon, tho! Stress does play a large part. I went thru that, now that the stressor isn't around 24/7, I have managed to lose some of the weight, and you will too.

Tomorrow...yoga and then deep water. I'm going to try to go walking with my neighbor, if that doesn't work out, I'll go by myself. If it's nice enough out, maybe I'll ride my bike.

mrsanderson - yup, being a vet is certainly a lucrative business. I can't even begin to add up the amount of money we've spent on our cats. From the surgeries to the meds to the well care. PJ was diabetic, so that meant insulin, syringes, special food (that you can only get at the vet's office, and was it expensive!). Don't splurge with Ben and Jerry!!!

Went to the mexican train dominoes tonight and brought my veggies. I'm surprised at how the veggies went! Didn't bring much home at all. That's about all I ate, except for a little bit of cheese. I just put in the rest of the calories for the day.

barbie - ohh...gotta see DWTS results show! Glad I TiVo it. Thanks for the reminder that I need to watch it.

Natalie - I like Private Practice, too. TiVo that. Gee, I never watch commercials any more.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Hi Everyone!:flowerforyou:
    So glad to see all the posts. :flowerforyou:
    I will post to all of you later.

I am glad for Mary.:flowerforyou:

I will miss Barbie on here and all her dancing. :smile: Have a good trip...

Laura...You have proved to all of us that you can control yourself. Look at your ticker.

Welcome to all the new ones...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Linda and anyone else who has lost ...Congrats!

I'll catch up with all of you later.

Have a good nights sleep and I will try to do the same.:smile:
  • Gramma5
    Gramma5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Why oh why is it that I do so well M - F during the day....probably because everything is routine...and the evenings and weekends are so hard to stay the course:sad:

Last night I "fell" BIG TIME...ice cream called...and I answered:sad: and I can't even say that it wasn't good...because it truly was wonderful. So tonight I will try and get it back together and eat like I know I'm supposed to.

I have a feeling stress has something to do with it:ohwell:

Laura:smile:

OMG !!!! :laugh: I could have written this ! I do so good all week long then DH is home on the weekend and POW .... there goes all my motivation to stay on track ! Could it be because he always as to have a doughnut with our coffee at Tim Horton's and usually brings me one too .... Last week I said I COULDN'T eat it so he ate BOTH !!!! He shouldn't have them either !!!! MEN !!!!:wink:
  • ljkempf
    ljkempf Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you for the greetings!
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    hey barbie cat i just started today; finished registering and i am ready to deal with this. this site seems nice and by what you write it seems fun too.
    lets hope for the best.
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]6360958.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • chicletgirl21
    chicletgirl21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: HI Guys!

Michelle:flowerforyou: Wish I was amazing my mother as much as I amaze you!:laugh: She just doesn't get it and i dont think she ever will. So I just trudge on....

Today we booked Access to take us to the Mall to pick up my mother's new glasses (that I made her get). She was using those maginifying glasses and still couldn't read. She used to read all the time. So a couple of weeks back I had her eyes checked. Her left eye is basically sightless, but her right still functions well, just needs glasses. A year ago the opthomalogist in Washingon advised her to have laser surgery on the sightless eye to relieve pressure in the eye and possible improve her vision. Of course my brother didn't push it and mom being mom didn't take it seriously. So I was hoping when we saw a doctor here that maybe he could do it now. But after examining her he said there is so much pressure built up that if he were to release it with the laser surgery now it would leak into the cornea and it would cause extreme pain and make things much worse. So basically it is a 'You snooze, you loose' situation. I am so disgusted with my brother for not taking her to do when she could have benefited from it. And mom, well, she took everything my brother said as gospel. So there you have it.

So we picked up her glasses and Voila! she could see faraway and up close. She now has 20/20 in that eye!:drinker: I also got her a pair of Rx sunglasses. I bought her a book (large print) and ordered some others for her too. Now ...ask me if she is wearing them right now???? Nope. :huh: Looks like another wonderful mother/daughter arguement coming up.....

Had more clothes taken in and bought some shirts for my baby (my son, 19) cuz i figured he needs them). He never asks me for anything but if I see something on sale that I know he uses I call and ask if he would like some. He's such a good boy and I love him sooooo much. He is my pride and joy, and I am so glad I did right by him. Proof is in the pudding. I also but a little t-shirt for the baby that says ' My daddy can kick your daddy' *kitten*' . I know its prpbably not appropriate, but my son will get a kick out of it.

We then had a late lunch and went home where promptly mom through a panic attack and almost fell because of it and all the neighbors heard her screaming and came out to help.:noway: Honestly she is such a drama queen!!!! And then when one of the neighbors is done helping her she says sweetly to her, "thank you Tina". And I am looking at her ready to explode, because I know it is just a facade she is putting on for the neighbor. Like what a sweet lady she is. I was pissed.

So tomorrow we go to the doctor for our monthly weigh in. Or rather mine., but I will have her done again for records. I hope I have lost some. I've been good 99% of the time but when I really get stresed I buy a chocolate bar. I am crossing my fingers, I haven't gained yet since I began this journey, so wish me luck.

Chiclet:flowerforyou:
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    Today has been a good eating day. Not so good on exercise, although I did do about 3 hours of housework. Hmm. Should I count it? :tongue:

Linda, congrats on the pound lost. That’s awesome. :flowerforyou: You are amazing with the walking. When it rains here, all I want to do is curl up in a blanket on the couch…these days with my laptop; in the old days with a good book.

Amanda, sounds like you’ve got your days and nights mixed up! I hope it settles down soon so you can get a good sleep at night. BTW, your grandtwins are adorable. :love:

Chiclet, your mom has done amazingly well with the weight loss. I’m sure it makes walking easier. Kudos to you. :flowerforyou:

Sally, you are doing a great job choosing nutritious foods. Keep it up. :flowerforyou: The loss is bound to come. It may be that a little too much salt is causing you to retain fluid. That too shall pass. :wink:

Peggy, you’re having so much fun shopping…a perfect reward for all your hard work. :flowerforyou: Fitting into smaller clothes sure makes shopping easier.

Mary, wonderful news about your mom. I’m happy for you both. :heart:

Ljkempf, welcome. The great thing about this thread is that there’s always room for one more.

Natalie, Good to hear that the stress test went well. The echos are pretty wild…seeing what’s going on inside your heart with your own eyes. If you decide to do the holter monitor, it’s a piece of cake too. :drinker:

Zuback, you’ll find your groove soon.

Laura, an occasional fall won’t hurt you (I call it a treat :happy: ) as long as you get back on track right away. I’m still working on learning that one!!

Mrs. Anderson, you’ve got an appealing dilemma. :laugh:

The computer repair guy was here for 3 hours today. He got Windows up and running on my Mac and did a bunch of other stuff. Amazing how computers do so much now. I hate to admit what they were like when I first started using them! :noway:

I need to get better about backing up my computer. The repair guy told me about a sale on external hard drives…2 terabytes for $99. Crazy. I remember how excited I was when I got my new Pentium computer years ago – with 5 MB of RAM for about $5k! :laugh:

Time to get a late dinner in. I think I’ll cheat, watch the east coast DWTS results, and get to bed early.

Good night, friends.

:heart:
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    thanks for the welcome message. i am a newbie. regards!
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    Hi Natalie hope all goes well for you. I am new in the site and I am just browsing to see how the dynamic develops. so far i like what i see. url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]6360958.png[/url]
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    I have to tell you that I read your post and it is an inspiration. I am aiming to a big loss too of at least 80lbs. so I will keep an eye on you thinking that i can also do it and that this group and the group here at home are there for support. I am tired of carrying this limiting weight and I want to go back to the person I used to be before I gained the weight slowly but surely...as I dre away from excercise and outdoor activities. kids are gone and now it is my time!
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]6360958.png[/url]
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    No worries dear friends....I had some fresh strawberries instead of the frozen yogurt....I'll save that for when PMS hits in about a week.....I usually have just 24 hours when cravings are super strong!
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I hope that everyone has an enjoyable and productive week. I am wishing for the weekend and today is only Tuesday. I have a presentation this weekend that I have not prepared. Planned on working on it tonight, but my daughter needed help with math homework. To help her, I have to refresh myself. That took more time than I planned. Then half way into the homework she determined that my help was not really needed. I started to make her do math drills just because.

The dog is sick.. He vomited chunks of food on DD bed. She was so dramatic over the incident I thought the dog was spitting out rabbit tales or some other unimaginable items.. ( he has caught rabbits in our back yard). That accident caused him to be evicted from my daughter’s room. She decided to move all his dog items out of her room into the extra bedroom. I feel sorry for the dog; he has been sleeping in my daughter’s room for two years.

My husband, who loves to cook and bake is making a carmel cake. Why?

I can’t wait until Wednesday.

Lorri
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I am off to bed, but wanted to poke my nose in and say welcome to ljkempf and Annie! Just jump in with us!
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    thank you mary and i also say hello to the new ones.
  • cucoyannie
    Options
    ohhhh dear, hope all is well and the math hwork is done and the dog is cool and u did not eat the cake!