WOMEN AGES 50+ for April

Options

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi Everyone

Just a quick note. We are getting new windows put in. First few were done yesterday so me and DD took the dogs out of the way for the day. We went to Bridlington, (I love it there) and it was a lovely sunny day. :glasses: Only downside was that the toilets in the park and ride area were not open - being refurbished! Aghhhh :noway: :noway: :grumble: So I spent a while looking for toilet that wasn't too close to the town centre. Eventually found one - by then I was desperate. We didn't walk as far as I'd wanted because of my bladder!! I hate the fact that I can't go more than 3 hrs without wanting to pee.

The weather as I said was beautiful and the dogs loved paddling in the sea, but wondered why it didn't taste so good when they tried to drink it. It wasn't too busy, but a few dogs got a bit too close to Frankie (my old friends on MFP know he has a short personal space zone) and he got a bit upset with them, but we managed to keep out of the way of most folk and dogs.

I think I'd like to retire to the sea side! Anyway the men are due back any minute today to put in the downstairs windows and Frankie is upstairs in DDs bedroom with the radio on loudly, so hope he doesn't get too stressed out with all the banging. If he does I'll have to call DD at work and she'll have to come home and take him out again.

Better get a move on, I've loads of things to do/move out of the way before the men get here.

Have a good day everyone.

Dee HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow - Just in case I don't get back in time. Have a great day!

Love
    Viv xx
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am taking a week off, I am eating some crap and not exersizing and the scale isn't creeping up like it did the last few weeks when I was being good. I just don't get it.

Lyn to post the musical notes you use the 10 key pad with the alt key. alt13 =♪ alt14= ♫ alt3 =♥ play around with it. (Rebel taught me how to do it last year, we learn great things on this thread don't we:happy: )
  • sveltewisher
    sveltewisher Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I had clean food day yesterday with NO SUGAR which is good:smile: However, the MFP calculations reflected high sodium which surprised me until I saw the culprit was 2 Applegate turkey chicken sausages mixed with red peppers. The high sodium explained my night behavior of gulping water and lemon ginger tea. The body is amazing! Today will be another clean day!
    I started a fun book yesterday entitled "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. Gretchen decided to bring more happiness in her life by working on specific happiness goals for a full year. Each month Gretchen works on a happiness goal which is continued throughout out the year as the subsequent months bring new goals which will be continued and built on. The 1st month's goal is to boost her energy for more vitality. We all know this quote is true "There's a staggering amount of evidence to show that exercise is good for you. Among other benefits, people who exercise are healthier, think more clearly, sleep better, and have delayed onset of dementia. Regular exercise boasts energy levels" although some people assume that working out is tiring, in fact, it boosts energy, especially in sedentary people--of whom there are many. A recent study showed the 25 percent of Americans don't get any exercise at all. Just by exercising twenty minutes a day three days a week for six weeks, persistently tired people boosted their energy." :flowerforyou:
    Make it a great day!
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Grabbit97....your experience with the scale is definitely like I usually experience. I know there are big fluations so I do like to hop on every day just to not happen to have the one day I weigh in during the week be an up day. I also know that I need to measure my success by the habits I am changing and not just the number.

It's great to read all the posts.....I don't feel so alone in this!

YUP, I guess that I need to be sensible and realize that the scale does move, but TWO POUNDS? I guess maybe it's what you eat the day before, even tho I stayed within the calories.....who knows.. water retention....
    Well, I have had 8 glasses of water, want to do it early in the day, duh!
    ;)
    Natalie
    [/quote]

I agree! Though my weight loss has been quite consistent recently, I'm sure that some time in the near future, I will reach a plateau weight wise! I'm sure this comes to all of us and with your other health issues, I personally would try not to worry about it too much, I know that's easy to say and I want you to remember my advice when my time comes for gain, not loss. It's a glich in the system, right?? :flowerforyou:
  • lindaj07
    Options
    ps I'm loving the bluebird theme flying through the thread! Sun shining here and my daily walk done - off to work soon, hope you are all having a good and productive day?
  • lindaj07
    Options
    You're doing great Dee! You'll easily make the 45 by end of April! I've no intention of doing 100 really... Though I'm off work on Saturday and may go out for a long walk again with the Ramblers, if the weather's fine. At least the pressure's off now :smile: and I'm trying to find time to get a swim in so maybe shorter walks and more swimming.
  • lindaj07
    Options
    ppps(and SINCERE apologies for taking up so much space! Managing to get 3 messages into 1 is on my to do list and working it's way up on a daily basis) Thanks to Lorri and Michele for added info on Leslie - she sounds just what I need, seems like she may be a helpful addition to the daily walks, in fact!
    L x
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    Thanks so much, Robin!!!! You are so right. I just chuck the 'ol pride' ..'right out the window' and say...mmmm I don't know how..I have lost out....:wink: and WAh La....some nice person says..."let me tell you how":happy: Some nice person like you...who passed it on:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

For Dee:

:heart: :flowerforyou: Happy Birthday to you♪ Happy Birthday to you♪ Happy Birthday to DEEEEE♪ ♪ ♪ Happy Birthday to you!!!!♪♪ ☼☼:heart:

ps..I've some more practicing to do...but Dee won't mind if I try this out on her.

Pss...To all newbies...you can put your Birthday in with your signature...you don't have to put the year...just the day. You can also put a name or "handle" you would like us to address you with.

Have a nice day everyone!
  • lyn54
    Options
    Linda--Speaking of blue birds.☼(robin alt 15 makes the sun)..we have a wonderful, smiling member who pops in here from time to time...her handle is Birdie...and her personality reminds me of all the Spring birds ....it brightens your day.

I am missing auntiebk, Ld-Lynda..Barbara....:blushing: .and some others...it will come back to me...just takes time these days...
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to the many newbies:flowerforyou: This is a GREAT site for friends and encouragement...in ALL areas of your life:drinker:

I missed yesterday and just skimmed the 2.75 pages....we are a busy group of ladies:smile: I can't remember all I read and who said what....but Congrats:drinker: to those that have lost....hey those of you that "only" lost 2 lbs....that's two pounds less than your last weigh in and if it goes off slowly then that better in the long run.

My desk is a mess, with no cash flow it makes it very stressful doing the AP, AR and payrolls each week. The accountants are finally working on our taxes and it's time for qtrly taxes to be prepared...so I'm truly drowning here at work.

Hubby had a job interview yesterday, but he's so discouraged that I find it hard to encourage him when the job I do have is so full of stress that I just can hardly appreciate that I do have a job. Enough of my whinning:ohwell:

The one thing I do have control over is my eating and right now I'm really struggling...not even wanting to see what the scale says....the thighs on one of my jeans is too tight:grumble: and that is NOT a good thing....I will have to take this in hand and get myself together....

Well I best get back to the certified payroll that's on my desk as the general contractor is waiting for it.

Everyone have a good day and let's all fight off those unwanted pounds.:drinker:

Laura:smile:

PS. Amanada, it was good to see you posting. :smile: Glad that your recovery and mending is going well. We will keep your little grandson in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lynn, you can sing to me all you want! :bigsmile:

Okay, I'm trying to get notes and all. I don't have a number pad, just numbers across the top. I've tried several things but can't get those wonderful little notes etc.

Gotta go prepare DHs lunch. He made it home from Memphis last night. Oh, Lynn, Memphis is where DH's jobsite is right now....DD lives in Gettysburg.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    Going out for my bike ride... scale was nice to me this morning, came down again to what I weighed on Monday... (weigh in day).. Can't keep off of it, I should throw it away....
    Playing canasta this afternoon, taking some veggies and fruit with me, and a turkey sandwich...
    It's our anniversary today, 43 years... whooooooo
    Natalie
  • lyn54
    Options
    and Alice and .....and icubsn98....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker:and frogmamma...mamacindy....it will come back to me..:wink:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Natalie, Congrats on your Anniversary:flowerforyou:
  • lindaj07
    Options
    Linda--Speaking of blue birds.☼(robin alt 15 makes the sun)..we have a wonderful, smiling member who pops in here from time to time...her handle is Birdie...and her personality reminds me of all the Spring birds ....it brightens your day.

I am missing auntiebk, Ld-Lynda..Barbara....:blushing: .and some others...it will come back to me...just takes time these days...

Hi to Birdie! Nice to meet you!
    Many happy birthdays to you, Dee!
    Happy Anniversary Natalie...
    My diet is a mess these past few days! That's what comes from working late shifts! It'll get better from tomorrow, I hope!
    good night all!
  • lyn54
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Happy Anniversary! Natalie!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Natialie--- Happy Anniversary.
    Dee-- Happy Birthday

Good to see everyone here today. I got in a good workout today. I am finding out more about my heart rate monitor and the fat burning and fitness zones....so much to learn!
    Have a good night!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOL, you thought that just because I was going on a trip that you wouldn't be hearing from me :laugh: :laugh: last night when we stopped to get a room at a motel, I asked for a room with free wifi, downstairs, a comfortable bed and a good price and was prepared to walk out and go somewhere else if there was no wifi.....I can't go a day without all of you.......I might be a lurker but I am always here :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: yesterday was my biggest exercise challenge since I stared here
    over 10 hours in the car with only two rest stops, one fuel stop, and lunch at Subway.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: by the time the car was unloaded at the motel, my pedometer had counted fewer than 2000 steps so after dinner we bundled up and walked in the drizzle on a path along the harbor in Crescent City, CA with the plan to not go to bed until we had each accumulated 10,000 steps......and we did it.

:sad: Crescent City was hit for many millions of dollars of damage to their harbor because of the tsunami and there was evidence of major repairs going on.

:grumble: :noway: I decided to not log food or exercise during this trip and just aim for healthy eating and lots of exercise.....it feels very weird and last night at dinner I found myself thinking that if I'm not logging my food, maybe I could order something I don't usually eat (like onions rings or a quesadilla :laugh: ) but sanity returned and I had the senior portion of broiled chicken, veggie, salad with dressing on the side and a baked potato and asked them to not even bring the dinner roll:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: the motel office had cookies and apples for guests and I chose the apple:bigsmile: today we took another long walk, this time in Fortuna, CA on the trail along the Eel River----I don't have 10,000 steps yet but we'll walk again after dinner:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Happy Birthday, Dee

:flowerforyou: Happy Anniversary, Natalie

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congrats to all who have lost weight :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

and to those who are struggling, Never, never, never give up :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :428709gz6udbpo79.gif

Happy Birthday, Dee
  • barbiecat
    Options
    1006627o0dnmpq01d.gif

happy anniversary, Natalie