can I start a PCOS Vent your frustrations Thread? lol

Options

Replies

• daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    PCOS is definitely not something I ever planned on having. I was diagnosed over a year ago. In the beginning I was placed on metformin, spirnalactone, and birth control. I used all of these medications for about a year. In conjunction to medication I turned into a food freak watching every calorie, fat, carb, anything that can be measure I did it. I also worked out 2 hours a day 6 days a week. And, I've lost 65 pounds as of to date. I still have another 30-35 to go, and that's why I'm here. I need a support system of fellow women who suffer from this. There are days I don't want to get out of bed because I hate my body so much. There are days I hate that I have to get my face waxed, or shave. I feel cursed sometimes. But, I try to remember I have a boyfriend who is insanely supportive with the workouts, and switching his diet for me. Listens to me cry when I'm having a bad day.

I would love to hear from some of you ladies about workout routines you are doing, diet advice, anything.

Bones - I try and follow a lower carb (healthy carbs are ok) basically just "clean" eating. More protein and less processed foods. As far as exercise I do a bootcamp class which is really just circuit training focused on strength. I have a body type that does well with strength training so my body has been responding. I think it's just trying to find what your body likes. I do love Jillian Michaels Shred DVD for those days I don't go to the gym. I have recently added running to my schedule in preparation for the November tough mudder race. Hoping that will help get rid of my lovely "beer belly." ( I forgot who used that analogy but I LOVE it!)
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Carol - you look AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • suzicarty25
    suzicarty25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI, yes.. i actually had this happen to me with proof from my trainer. I have been saying it so many times that I gain 7 pounds during the TOM, whether AF comes or not. The trainer's fancy scale showed the 7 pound water weight gain and then it all just magically disappeared the next week.
  • kelly1922
    kelly1922 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    so i start back on my Metformin tonight. this time i got the ER. i'm really hoping it doesn't cause the GI upset that always seems to go with it! i've never really given the Metformin a chance to work! i'm so tired of being fat, so tired of having to pluck my she beard everyday, so tired of heavy, clotting periods, so tired of being depressed and crying all of the time, so tired of sweating excessively. just.so.tired. *sigh* i'm really hoping this jumpstarts my weight loss! glad to see i'm in good company! feel free to add me as a friend ladies! i know we all need as much support as possible! :wink:
  • violetfire80
    Options
    PCOS....you make me fat, hormonal, get a few hairs on my chin,make my TOM disappear for months then reappear with a vengance....and most of all brake my heart when ever I see a new born baby :(

BUT I will not let you win....I may not be able to do anything about some of your little tricks but DAMN YOU TO HELL I WILL BE SLIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • freeloaves
    Options
    I am not doing well. I am losing 1kg, then gaining it back! Sure, last week I didn't eat the best ... but it wasn't awful either! I'm getting really sick of it. I need to start going cold turkey on things and probably not drink any more.
    So over it.
  • jjcarpenter
    jjcarpenter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    PCOS, Thanks for yet another negative PT today ... You really had me going this time. *sigh*
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    PCOS, Thanks for yet another negative PT today ... You really had me going this time. *sigh*
    Im so sorry dear! Just don't ever give up! We cycsters MUST NEVER GIVE UP!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Carol - you look AWESOME!!!! Keep up the great work!

Thank you!!!!!! So kind! You made my day!
    I am on metformin too, if I take it in the morning I feel sleepy, but may have been just a bad day? I might try it now I am back to work routine!
  • elzianne
    elzianne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to this site (I've been using the phone app on and off for a while, but never visited the actual site) and came across this posting. All I have to say is:
    AMEN SISTERS!

I was a varsity athlete in high school, and while all my teammates and friends were fit and adorable, I had an ever-growing tummy and acne. PCOS didn't care if I spent hours at the gym and practice every day, plus it gave me those *crazy* sugar cravings and mood swings (as if teenage girls don't get enough mood swings to begin with)!

I finally got diagnosed when I was 20, and while I wasn't excited about the diagnosis, it was nice to at least understand what the hell was going on with my body! My doctor put me on metformin, which didn't help me lose weight but I saw a big difference in my sugar cravings and even energy levels. A few years later and 20lbs lost, they gradually took me off metformin.

Between medication, diet, and exercise, I've seen a HUGE difference in my symptoms... but I still get to play the fun game of "When is my period going to come next?" and have removing (luckily for me, blonde) facial hair as a part of beauty routine. Damn you, PCOS.

Anyways, I don't know anyone else who has it... so it is really comforting to read this board! My friends never get why I put so much effort into healthy eating and exercise... if I don't I feel really horrible and gain weight at an alarming rate. THANKS PCOS
  • jjcarpenter
    jjcarpenter Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry dear! Just don't ever give up! We cycsters MUST NEVER GIVE UP!

Thank you so much! I know y'all understand my frustration, and I'm so thankful to have a forum like this to vent and see how other women have beaten this syndrome and had children. Believe me, I'm not giving up until I have a little one of my own in my arms. Now I just have a little more time to get healthier before it happens! :wink:
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Joining in on the vent. Does anyone experience just being extra sensitive on days before TOM. I doubt it's PMS, but, it seems like days like these, I can't seem to motivate myself to get up and work out. I did, eventually, and the hubs treated me to the best protein shake I have ever had after my grilling with the Total Gym..

Just venting. But, still thankful for a wonderful man in my life.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh damn pocs!
    I've been stuck around the 180 mark since may! No matter what I do I cannot lose any more weight. The doc won't give me anything to help. I'm annoyed and very discouraged where I just want to quit!
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    METFORMIN users????

It would seem that after a few days of taking a day time dose I keep getting stomach upset by late afternoon, painful too, just want to check is this, normal? ( from what I read it is) will it get less if I perceiver??? If so how long will it take to feel better?
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Any kind of GI upset is normal with Metformin, regardless of regular or time-release form. Though personally, after a year or so on regular Met, the time-release was a lot gentler on my system (I'm still on it - 2000mg/day - and it no longer bothers me). It takes time to adjust to it. Sometimes months.

But if it gets really bad talk to your doc.
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

I've out smarted you before, but it came with the cost of gallstones and getting denied health insurance. This time, I am taking you down for good, unmediated and I will fully succeed. Thanks to you, I feel like a waking embarrassment. I could get free waxing at work, but I have to go to another place to avoid my co-workers questions of why I am growing a beard. I'm putting my foot down. I'm getting wise to you. You didn't think I'd figure out that I needed to eat less, start benefiber again, and actually take my blood pressure medication to get you to surrender my periods. Well, I figured it out and I get them again. You've been defeated in that aspect, but there is still one thing you need to stop. I am not a man, I do not have reproductive parts of a stick and berries. As much as I feel like a gay man in a woman's body, please stop converting my estrogen into testosterone and lay off for a bit, yeah? I'd actually like a date every once in a while and not with my waxer.

Get the eff out of my body, you crappy excuse for a condition, and never come back

Signed,
    Me
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

Thank you for making me confused all these years whether I'm a woman or a "bisexual" because I never had any regular periods, not even those irregular 3 mos but only on rare occassions, not to mention my facial hairs like my moustache & beard, also my high testosterone levels that made me gain muscles easily (well in fairness, at least for this one I should really thankful for) & my boyish attitude.

Thank you for making my body insulin resistant & because of you I'm now a certified full-blown type 2 diabetic. So I still have my metformin with me but this time I'm taking it not because of PCOS but for my maintenance to diabetes. Also thank you for giving me hypertension & made my potential employer afraid to hire me.

But sorry to say that I now outsmarted you this time with your plans of sabotaging my efforts to be back to my normal shape. My brain & determination are way smarter than you are, hahaha...
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    LOL this made me laugh because I am basically the same way with the muscles and the boyish attitude! All my girl friends love chick flick movies and gossiping with eachother....where as I love 4 Wheelers and dirtbikes, being outdoors, and horror /Sci fi ...lol glad to see that you posted your frustrations! Feel free to vent anytime!!! Good luck on your journey, we are all right there with ya!
    Dear PCOS,

Thank you for making me confused all these years whether I'm a woman or a "bisexual" because I never had any regular periods, not even those irregular 3 mos but only on rare occassions, not to mention my facial hairs like my moustache & beard, also my high testosterone levels that made me gain muscles easily (well in fairness, at least for this one I should really thankful for) & my boyish attitude.

Thank you for making my body insulin resistant & because of you I'm now a certified full-blown type 2 diabetic. So I still have my metformin with me but this time I'm taking it not because of PCOS but for my maintenance to diabetes. Also thank you for giving me hypertension & made my potential employer afraid to hire me.

But sorry to say that I now outsmarted you this time with your plans of sabotaging my efforts to be back to my normal shape. My brain & determination are way smarter than you are, hahaha...
  • hssheikh
    hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    dear PCOS,

thanks for being with me since i dont know when! because of you i hardly ever had regular 7 days periods ...either the period doesnt come, and if it does, therez no time for it to leave...aggghhh... im obese because of you...i have low self-esteem, low self-sonfidence and i find it hard to go out in gatherings...had u not been in my life, i m pretty sure i wud have been a totally different person!... because of you i m still single even at the age of 27+ because im too fat to be with somebody! even if thats not the case, i blame my obesity to be the major cause of it! lol .... i hate you i hate you n i hate you! :P

• astrand1800
    astrand1800 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS

You make life F***ing harder than it should be!

F you because I didnt' get pregnant within a couple months like all my friends. I spent 18 months on medication and spent over $20,000 to have two horrible pregnancies. ( I thankful every day for my two girls)

F you for the 3 x a year periods that last 3 weeks (thankfully i have an iud now)

F you for the facial hair that just keeps getting worse and worse

F you for the belly fat that just seems to never go away even when I work out 6 days a week for 90 minutes.

F you because i have to take medicine every day of my life.