can I start a PCOS Vent your frustrations Thread? lol

Options

Replies

• DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    my Dr is not even considering hysterectomy... mostly because though I have a LOT of cysts, they disappear ...if only they would STAY gone..... the CT Scan I had last week only showed one on the right.... I have 4 on the left 6 months ago that are now gone... on my next 6 months checkup it will be different numbers on either side... sometimes I get a count of ZERO....

despite wearing 2 extra long "Always" within one hour of being at work today Ive had an "accident"....damn clots!! Last month I took off work... I obviously cant do that every month....

My Dr has suggested uterine ablation surgery but that would only treat ONE symptom...

STRESSED!!
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hysterectomy shouldn't be an option to "cure" pcos. I am truly thankful I finally have a doc who is willing to listen to what I want instead of telling me bogus ways to help my symptoms. I have however for the pastfew days been getting cramping. Hoping I actually start and its not just a false alarm! Does anyone else have issues with skin tags showing up inn the weirdest spots?
    I have shared this with anyone, when I was first diagnosed with pcos and my then gyno didn't expalin what it was. I researched after and told my mother what I had. I thought shed atleast comfort me but she didn't seem to care!
    I am also sick of uneducation people saying I overeat! And that's what causes me to be "fat" uh excuse me? I have a hormone disorder thank yoou very much. Ohhh and I love looking like I'm pregnant, that is one symptom I wish would go away! No matter how much weight I lose my stomach doesn't seem to go down :( blah
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hysterectomy shouldn't be an option to "cure" pcos. I am truly thankful I finally have a doc who is willing to listen to what I want instead of telling me bogus ways to help my symptoms. I have however for the pastfew days been getting cramping. Hoping I actually start and its not just a false alarm! Does anyone else have issues with skin tags showing up inn the weirdest spots?
    I have shared this with anyone, when I was first diagnosed with pcos and my then gyno didn't expalin what it was. I researched after and told my mother what I had. I thought shed atleast comfort me but she didn't seem to care!
    I am also sick of uneducation people saying I overeat! And that's what causes me to be "fat" uh excuse me? I have a hormone disorder thank yoou very much. Ohhh and I love looking like I'm pregnant, that is one symptom I wish would go away! No matter how much weight I lose my stomach doesn't seem to go down :( blah

I remmeber having my first skin tag removed off my back when I was 10, one off my neck when I was 14, and was diagnosed when I was 16...I still have one on my shoulder....
    I love (sarcasm) reading bookes telling me that I will not have an hour glass shape and will have an apple shape instead....
    Why isn't there more research for PCOS??? It make me angry knowing that there are so many young girls suffering from this and many won't be diagnosed for years/ if ever.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Astro, google northwestern university pcos study. This is the only credible study I have found that you can participate in. I didn't qualify in my state bc I do not have high levels of male hormones. They do a bunch of diff studies some include children(if you have a daughter) to see if it is genetic. Out of my family I am the only one with pcos. But members in my family have diabetes so that may play a factor.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i hate this, but we can do it, my sister also has it and after much trying she is PREGO! we can beat it!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It took me 5 yrs of fertility meds and a rollercoaster to have my babies .. some days I thought I wasnt going to be a Mom.
    PCOS is horrible, and now I begin my weightloss journey ...
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    dear pcos
    please can i have my body back i think you have had it long enough, i hate the facial hair ( is never good when u can grow a beard quicker then your husband) i hate the weight i put on though im slowly reclaiming my body from the fat . the worse thing is knowing i will prob never conceive and that hurts the most you took away the one thing i really wanted i could live with the other symptoms if i could just get pregnant.

my cycles are random, my mood swings are up and down and i have had enough!!

so prepare for war pcos becuase im gunning for you and i will win

shula
  • mara232
    mara232 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS - gained 75lbs in 7 months 12 years ago. I struggled with infertility for 6 years and finally got pregnant with my son after I lost 50lbs. The doctor told my husband and I that IVF was our only hope but we were surprised when I conceived and carried my son to term. I was super healthy all through the pregnancy. With the weight gone - a lot of my symptoms disappeared. I let myself go a year and half back while in school and now am back to trying to getting healthy again. PCOS is a lifestyle change - I will never be able to go back to eating the way I did before. I know that now. Good Luck everyone!
  • mara232
    Options
    Btw, the POCS diet is an excellent book, it is what I followed the first time I lost weight and got pregnant with my son. I got pregnant again 3 years later but had a miscarriage at 10 weeks - it can happen to anyone my doctor said and was not due to PCOS. Have faith!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

*kitten* off.

Love,

Allyson

haha I love it! That is how I feel too about PCOS!
  • mara232
    Options

Im sort of in the same boat....I've lost nearly 30 pounds and still haven't seen much improvement other than an ALMOST normal period cycle....it comes every 2 months...but other than that hardly anything different with my symptoms of PCOS...I keep thinking I just have to lose all this weight for anything to happen. So Im gonna keep on truckin! Don't give up either way!

ps...as for cheating...try not to if you can! If you do don't over indulge and only do it once a week....cause it really will set you back. PCOS is NOTORIOUS for doing this. You have to work out longer/harder just to get the same results or less as a normal functioning body:( Good luck to you!

For me it wasn't only the weightloss that did it but they way I lost it. I cut all bad carbs out and made sure I ate a protein with every carb to balance the carb - this is the method described in the PCOS Diet book. It's a lot like clean eating, which I am trying to do now. It's so hard because I am a carb addict.
  • missziathediva
    Options
    (awesome thread!)

Dear PCOS
    As much as I love not getting my period (no mess or cramps) it sometimes makes me feel less then a woman. I hear my friends talk about how they get there period and I am "Nope not me, I don't get it because I am too fat". Thanks for all the "extra" hair and acne. I am always nervous about wearing light color clothing in thinking that I might just get her.

The only way I get you is by taking provera and I don't feel that I need drugs to bring on my period, but honestly I don't know what that drug is doing to my body. I have lost 31 pounds, you don't think that is enough to come back??
  • bosslady224
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

Thanks for all the annoying side effects you brought along with you. The dramatic weight gain, the acne, the hair lose that randomly wants to spring on me every now and then. Thanks for Irregular periods, and increasing my chances of getting high blood pressure and diabetes. Thanks for the pills I have to take that don’t seem to do a thing! (aarrgh I hate taking pills too!). Thanks for pretty much taking my life from me; I spend more time trying to figure out ways to get rid of you instead of just enjoying life. You have truly made me feel so uncomfortable with myself. Oh yea, and Thanks for lowing my percentage of having kids.

Soooo, what I’m really trying to say to you PCOS is, thanks…………….FOR NOTHING!!!!!
  • Romee14
    Romee14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    You sure did sneak up on me, a defenseless child. Everyone was having periods and growing boobs. I was getting hairy and growing acne on my arms and skin tags. Girls were starting to date. I was going bald. Girls would have pool parties, I would cover up as much as possible because of the huge red lines all over my body from gaining weight so fast. Girls were very flirty with the guys, I had a man voice. Eventually I was diagnosed and told I would have problems conceiving. I thought you had got the best of me.

You didn’t. I lost the weight, I shave my arms, got those skin tags cut off, the stretch marks have faded, I can live with the man voice, no more acne and hair lose (thank god for birth control), I even bought myself some boobs, and I don’t want kids (yet). I got married even though you made me think no one would ever want me. I BEAT YOU. WINNING!
    <3,
    Allyson

Love it!

I LOVE LOVE this too!! :)
  • Mmmie
    Mmmie Posts: 31
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    Thanks for making gain weight and helping in being a Diabetic. Also for the facial hair and the inhabitability to get pregnant. and the change of no period this month.
  • Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

You took 3 babies and several years & tears. BUT we won!! Faith & love saw us through and we now have 3 beautiful babies. I'll deal with the weird periods and facial hair and I'll take down the weight, eventually!!! You wont win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have a DR. appointment this coming monday. I am really interested to see what they have to say now that I've lost about 30 pounds..I have all sorts of questions about my metformin dosage as well. WE SHALL SEE! I will post when I have news....if any news at all........lol I know I have a LONG way to go! STAY STRONG CYSTERS!
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    PCOS>>>I HATE YOU...also would love to be friends with ppl who are dealing with the same issue...I have tons of questions...and really would love the advice
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    PCOS>>>I HATE YOU...also would love to be friends with ppl who are dealing with the same issue...I have tons of questions...and really would love the advice
    Thanks for the add:) feel free to ask any questions! Im sure there are so many of us that could help!
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm new, and very glad I read this thread. I'm happy to know I'm not alone in my PCOS struggles.
    No one understands what it is, or how BAD I feel at times. It's horrible. I'm sorry so many
    of you have this too.

hugs,
    Michele