Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

The same coworker who was the first person to ask me if my pregnancy was planned walked up to me today & said "Honey, I'm sorry. So, you're an only child now?" :noway: How the *$#& is that an appropriate thing to say to me right now?!

Some people are just idiots. My when my dad died someone said “you’re down to one parent now.” No s*#$!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Not much time to reply. One of my children has a dentist appt this morning and I have to pick up frames for another. I need to stat math in a minute.

Exercise was not great this past week. I used to work out 5 days a week at least. I waffle between accepting I need to slow down and listen to my pregnant body and my old self that pushed and pushed.

Monday walked 30 minutes
    Tuesday walked 25 minutes
    Thursday walked 35 minutes
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options

The same coworker who was the first person to ask me if my pregnancy was planned walked up to me today & said "Honey, I'm sorry. So, you're an only child now?" :noway: How the *$#& is that an appropriate thing to say to me right now?!

Some people are just idiots. My when my dad died someone said “you’re down to one parent now.” No s*#$!

I remember being upset with someone saying something similar to me after my dad died (who died about 3 years after my mom). But I was called an orphan. People just dont seem to think before they speak sometimes. Sorry someone said something that messed up to you little!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I will have to read to catch up later but just so you know Gap is having a sale where you get 30% off all full priced items and 15% off all sale items with free shipping over 50 dollars. This includes gap maternity and babygap...
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

Loads to catch up on.

Brittony: I love your profile pic! so adorable!

Julie: I'm still praying for you and I'm really sorry about the insensitive remarks of some idiots. *HUGS*

Bethe: CONGRATULATIONS!!! Can't wait to hear your birth story. :)

Welcome to all the newbies!!

AFM: I had a restful weekend I seriously felt like I was hibernating I don't get much sleep at night so I was catching up on rest most of each day. All my plans of cleaning went out the window. Hubby was out of town so that's all i felt like i could do. I really didn't make the challenge this past week. I think I walked two days and did some stretching by that is about it. I'm back into feeling so tired again.

Have a good Monday Ladies!!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I remember being upset with someone saying something similar to me after my dad died (who died about 3 years after my mom). But I was called an orphan. People just dont seem to think before they speak sometimes. Sorry someone said something that messed up to you little!

I remember standing near my sister at the funeral home during visitation for my nephew. I couldn't believe the things people were saying to her.... "We'll never know what he could have accomplished" "You can always have another one" "Atleast you still have others at home" "He's in a much better place"

I know it took every ounce of strength she had to not punch them in the face.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

I'm over here right now steaming for you :grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode:
    I probably would have responded with something not very polite. How DARE she have the nerve to say or even think something like that. You aren't an only child and you never will be. You have a brother- whether here today or in your heart, he's here. :heart:
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Brittony - I love your picture!!! So cute.

The same coworker who was the first person to ask me if my pregnancy was planned walked up to me today & said "Honey, I'm sorry. So, you're an only child now?" How the *$#& is that an appropriate thing to say to me right now?!

Sorry to hear that people are still giving you grief. That's all you need with all your other emotions you have to deal with right now. I'm so sorry for what your having to go through.

As for exercise - I did better this week than I have in a really long time. All out of necessity and not true motivation, but thankfully it still counts. I'm gonna try to do better this week and also thinking about going back to tracking my food intake because I've gained about five pounds and I definatly DID NOT want to do that!!!
    Thursday : shoveled horse manure and tilled garden - 2 hours
    Friday : planted 63 tomato plants - 3 hours
    Saturday : washed windows/cleaned house 3 hours
    OK. now that I wrote it down I realize that no one else counts stuff like this as their exercise for the week! So - I promise to try to get some real exercise in this week. It's just that it's way more exercise than I've been getting...
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

I am not pregnant yet but hoping to join y'all before Christmas. I was wondering about foods and diets. I have been reading two books (what to expect and the girlfriend's guide) and neither answer thoroughly. I am wondering about the calories to consume if i am eating nutrient dense foods. Often i get full way before my 1200 mark in the current mfp. I don't want to starve my body or baby (when we get there) but I don't want to eat junk just to increase my daily numbers. How do y'all do it? If you can't tell by this preplanning, I am a planner and already have names, furniture and bedding picked out. The hubby and I have been talking about trying for over a year and in May, I will be done with nursing school. Once I get hired to my first job we plan to start trying if not sooner than that. I haven't met my goal weight but there is the balance of being too thin and TTC. Thanks you for any advice and i look forward to getting to know all of you.

Janelle
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I hate to be SO lazy, but if someone has the homeade soap that you all have been talking about saved somewhere easy to get to could you please post the link once again... Sorry for not saving it myself last time it was on here... I'd like to give it a try.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    So, I still do not have Internet in my house, so I am way behind on reading posts. I just skimmed through briefly, so I hope you are all doing well, and I hope you all had a great weekend.

Lynn and Brittony I love your new pictures. Very cute!

Bethe, congrats on baby Wade! How exciting!

As for me, it was a good weekend, except for the fact that it snowed the whole time. WTH! Anyway, thank goodness it is spring so it has mostly all melted now. I am pretty much finished unpacking! Yay! Now I have some painting to do, and the nursery to put together. I am excited to start on that. Saturday was nice, we got a new 40 in. tv because we had a 19 in. forever. We said that once we got a house we would upgrade. We also got a new sectional (for only $475, score!) for our family room. I am liking our neighborhood thus far. We've already had two neighbors bring us cookies and welcome us to the neighborhood. How nice! Anyway, now that it is Monday and I am back to work, the sun is shining and it is nice outside. Figures!

As for the workout challenge:

I didn't do any "typical" workouts. I've spent about 4 days packing/ unpacking for multiple hours. 1 day moving, and Saturday, I deep cleaned the apartment and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Yay, I just noticed my ticker is under 100 days! :laugh:

Question, is the third trimester when you enter 26 weeks, or when you finish 26 weeks?
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    hi ladies,

I am not pregnant yet but hoping to join y'all before Christmas. I was wondering about foods and diets. I have been reading two books (what to expect and the girlfriend's guide) and neither answer thoroughly. I am wondering about the calories to consume if i am eating nutrient dense foods. Often i get full way before my 1200 mark in the current mfp. I don't want to starve my body or baby (when we get there) but I don't want to eat junk just to increase my daily numbers. How do y'all do it? If you can't tell by this preplanning, I am a planner and already have names, furniture and bedding picked out. The hubby and I have been talking about trying for over a year and in May, I will be done with nursing school. Once I get hired to my first job we plan to start trying if not sooner than that. I haven't met my goal weight but there is the balance of being too thin and TTC. Thanks you for any advice and i look forward to getting to know all of you.

Janelle

I too am a total organizer/planner but let me tell you that all goes out the window once pregnant. That little itty bitty thing has complete control starting usually very early (6 weeks my symptoms started) I am calculated based on my bone structure/height to eat 1900 calories just in the first trimester and to bump it 200 each trimester after. With that being said- since pregnant I'm lucky if I consume 1200-1400 a day. I have to eat every 2 hoursish but it's in small amounts. My usual course sizes for breakfast/lunch/dinner are much smaller than they used to be (if even at all eaten). I'm just making sure to stay on track but listen to my baby/body.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

Question, is the third trimester when you enter 26 weeks, or when you finish 26 weeks?

Yay for being under 100 days!!

I considered the beginning of the 3rd tri as the first day of the 28th week.
  • dmdaigle17
    Options

Yay for under 100! From what I've read it starts at week 27 but, that varies by doctor too.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    The belly touching thing really weirds me out. I had my first random one last week (and it even including baby talk). I dont understand why people think that my belly isnt part of my personal space bubble anymore. I am so tempted to turn around and rub their belly in return. But I am way too polite.

I don't think anyone would dare with me. I have the "touch me and I will kill you with my bare hands" look down pat. :laugh: :laugh:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options

I consider myself 3rd trimester because last Friday marked 3 months till my due date! That was what I used as a marker. I have heard it used for people anywhere from 26 weeks to 28 weeks.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Thursday : shoveled horse manure and tilled garden - 2 hours
    Friday : planted 63 tomato plants - 3 hours
    Saturday : washed windows/cleaned house 3 hours
    OK. now that I wrote it down I realize that no one else counts stuff like this as their exercise for the week! So - I promise to try to get some real exercise in this week. It's just that it's way more exercise than I've been getting...

I TOTALLY count exercise like that! My settings are at "sedentary" so anything above that I count! Actually, any burn over 1880 a day I count as exercise, since my "do nothing" sit around burn is about 1880 a day. And I have a BodyMedia Fit so i can see if I burned even just 100 or 200 more cals doing laundry or something - not to mention how much you burn doing yardwork!!!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Uh! My workouts have been suffering. Aside from stroller walking I haven't touched any workout DVD's since pre-trip (over 2 weeks ago). I need to get back at it. Feeling gross, despite my eating being (mostly) in check. Baby's battling another cold and I'm finding it hard to get anything done with an extra-cuddly almost-one-year-old.

In other news, after two years of renos we're moving upstairs (from the 1 bed. suite) on Saturday! Excited is in an understatement. In addition to the move I'm madly planning my son's 1st birthday party for the Saturday after the move. And then a week after that I'm back at work after Mat. Leave. Eeek!!!

That's it; that's all! Have a great weekend everyone.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

It depends on how you calculate it or what you base a trimester on - simply time or based on developmental milestones? Apparently you can start 3rd tri anywhere from 26.6 to 28...

http://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html