Pregnancy 2011 - April

Options

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    excecise challenge.
    Ugh - i think i officially failed this week. I blame hubby for taking the car twice and leaving me stranded at home on gym days (I am NOT one to just work out at home, especially since hubby STILL has not hooked up the Wii (god knows the Xbox was hooked up before the last of the stuff was even moved over here! :laugh:) and i am not about to start trying to plug stuff into an $800 TV!

Mon: usually a gym day, but a big fat NADA (Though I did manage to burn about 150 cals putting away laundry! :happy: ) since i had no car. Today I dropped hubby at work and he'll fend for himself to get home so I can go to the gym!
    Tues - swam a mile
    Wed - spin class
    Thurs - nada (just 48 calories cleaning per my BodyMedia Fit! :laugh:)
    Fri - swam 1.25 mile
    Sat - just 150 cals cleaning
    Sun - about 150 cals dog paddling around the pool with my son

I think that only counts as 3 for the week - though not an overall bad total for the week. Of course, Red Robin putting me over like 900 calories last night probably cancelled it all out! :laugh: :laugh:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Theaimster- Welcome!

Ron- I am sorry you had such an emotional night. Sounds like your DH is being great! I know it’s a bummer when you plan for a romantic day then puke all day but there isn’t anything you can do there. Maybe when you notice you are feeling good take advantage of that time. My hubby and I didn’t have much sex the first trimester due to my throwing up… (2 times a month maybe) but we had to do it right when I got up on the weekends or it didn’t happen… this trimester has been better for us because I am feeling a little better at least.

Danielle- I am sorry that you had an emotional weekend as well. I have been feeling more emotional the last week or two than I did before.

Kacylaine- That does sound like a lot of progress. I think he was digesting the news. I don’t know about the titled uterus, sorry!

Hkyster- I am still amazed by your ½. I did one in October, ran in 2:20! And I am making myself do one about 6 months after baby is born to start running again.

Sthorp- I am sorry you are sick! Feel better soon!

Julie- people are so stupid… since I am around high schoolers I can at least say they are kids…. Adults that are so ignorant make me mad. Uhg.

Megan- Thinking of you! I love your attitude.

Lynn- Great job on the exercise challenge! I am SOOOO JEALOUS you are due in june…. August 5th. What a terrible time. It will be a LOOOOOOOOOONG summer.

Brittony- Great job working out! I have done some nesting already as well.

Pmaria- I have been feeling really tired again too, I understand how you feel.

Regina- if I did something like that for 3 hours I would count it! If I do more than 1 hour of cleaning usually count it but it has only really been an hour at a time lately. Good for you for being active!

Janelle- I would say you have to be eating 1200 calories (even in nutrient rich food) when you are TTC.) Even if you are full you still can find ways to get those calories in… you need a lot of protein when pregnant so add a protein shake, bar, or some peanut butter. High in calories but needed for the LO. In the first trimester you should be where you are not loosing or gaining… I threw up all day so I barely got any calories down… my dr. told me its after the first trimester you need to add 300 calories and make sure you are getting enough food.

Rachael- FUN! Glad you are enjoying your house!

Annabelle- You sound busy! Hope things are good!

911 girl- Enjoy moving upstairs! How exciting for you!

Mel- haha I can see you now if someone dared to rub your belly.

WOW-lots to respond too!
    ASM: I feel bad today. I slept really good last night but got to school and my air was still broken so my room was stuffy and hot… I felt sick just walking into it so I moved my class to a different room for the day. I just feel kind of sick to my stomach and my back is hurting. I feel really tired today…. Not sure why since I slept so well! I babysat my niece yesterday, we had fun. We took her for a walk in our stroller, it worked great!! I too failed the exercise challenge only getting in 3 days. My back has been really sore after walking... I am going to try harder this week!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yay, I just noticed my ticker is under 100 days! :laugh:

Question, is the third trimester when you enter 26 weeks, or when you finish 26 weeks?

Developmentally speaking, 3rd tri starts at the beginning of your 27th week. You can also calculate trimesters by gestation and by conception which will put you at different dates. My understanding is most doctors/midwives use the developmental definition but it varies.

For me, develpmentally I'll begin 3rd tri April 16th. Gestationally, I'll begin 3rd tri April 14th, and by conception, I'll enter 3rd tri April 19th. Here's a trimester calculator that explains the difference: http://www.baby2see.com/trimester_calculator.html

edit: Yep, that's what I get for not reading ahead. Everyone beat me to answering this. So, um.. what they said. :wink:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    AnneElise - I need to figure out when is a good time to actually run a 1/2 marathon post baby. I plan to run in a 10K in Oct (that is just over 3 months post baby) and push her in a stroller for the run. Its a halloween run I did last year. But maybe 6 months post is a good time to plan for a 1/2. I want to pick a spot where we can have our first family vacation too! Even if its only a weekend trip.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    AnneElise - I need to figure out when is a good time to actually run a 1/2 marathon post baby. I plan to run in a 10K in Oct (that is just over 3 months post baby) and push her in a stroller for the run. Its a halloween run I did last year. But maybe 6 months post is a good time to plan for a 1/2. I want to pick a spot where we can have our first family vacation too! Even if its only a weekend trip.

ooo thats a fun idea! I had only been looking at local spots but maybe I will look other places as well.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the comments on 3rd tri, I had just heard so many different things. Plus I am anxious to say I am in the 3rd tri. :)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone! I have a lot of catching up to do and plan to do so at some point today.

I started contracting at 9:15 pm on Friday night and tried to go to sleep. That didn't work and finally at 1:20 am decided to call my mom to come stay with our other children so I could go to the hospital. Once I realized I constantly felt the urge to pee I knew it was time to go and the contractions never slowed. I arrived at the hospital at 2:00 am and he was born at 4:56 am. I was a beautiful calm birth and I finally used my hypnobirthing that I practiced with my second. Stadol helped me to be relaxed and not tensed up in between contractions. At 4:10 am I happily had an epidural and it was all smooth sailing. He was my longest labor in terms of feeling the contractions. In terms of time spent laboring in the hospital he was second shortest (my third I was at the hospital for 2 1/4 hours before delivering).

Wade and I just came home this afternoon and it feels good to be home. Unfortunately, my other children are sick with sore throats so I am praying Wade isn't affected.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad I found this group! My husband and I are trying to conceive our second child. I am doing my best to loose as much as possible. I am 5 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight from my daughter (she is almost 5 years now)! I am really hoping to get pregnant in the next couple of months.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wow, Bethe. Thanks for sharing! I'm curious, did your mom have relatively short labor(s) as well?

My formula shipments that were backordered arrived today. Funny, they were all addressed to my husband despite me ordering 2 in my name and 1 in his. :laugh:
    I'm a little bummed because all of my boxes are marked with an 11/1/11 expiration date. I opened one of the boxes hoping mine would be like Brittony's (I think) & the bottles would say 1/12, but nope, the bottles say 11/1/11 as well. Oh well. If I don't have a use for them in the first 2-3 months or so, I'm sure I can sell them on Craigslist for a profit in September or October.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone! I have a lot of catching up to do and plan to do so at some point today.

I started contracting at 9:15 pm on Friday night and tried to go to sleep. That didn't work and finally at 1:20 am decided to call my mom to come stay with our other children so I could go to the hospital. Once I realized I constantly felt the urge to pee I knew it was time to go and the contractions never slowed. I arrived at the hospital at 2:00 am and he was born at 4:56 am. I was a beautiful calm birth and I finally used my hypnobirthing that I practiced with my second. Stadol helped me to be relaxed and not tensed up in between contractions. At 4:10 am I happily had an epidural and it was all smooth sailing. He was my longest labor in terms of feeling the contractions. In terms of time spent laboring in the hospital he was second shortest (my third I was at the hospital for 2 1/4 hours before delivering).

Wade and I just came home this afternoon and it feels good to be home. Unfortunately, my other children are sick with sore throats so I am praying Wade isn't affected.

Thanks for sharing! That sounds like it went really well! I am hoping for a L & D like yours! Congrats again! Little Wade is so cute!

AFM: I got part of my decorations I ordered off etsy today.... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I can't wait to get the rest later this week.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

He is adorable!!!!!!! I’m glad you had a good L&D.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Lynn – I’m extremely jealous over here. July and August are the hottest months where I am and I’m due October 4th. I’m going to be spending A LOT of time in the air conditioning. Hubby suggested a trip to Puerto Rico this summer. No effin way! I wanted to die the last time we when from the heat, I think I’d drop dead the second we walk out of the airport now. No tropical places until after baby is here.

Pmaria – I love sleepy weekends. I’ve been really tired too lately because I’m not sleeping well at night.

Regina – shoveling manure and yard work is tough stuff! I think it counts as exercise.

Rachel – those are great deals! Glad you like your new neighborhood.

Mel – can you take a picture of your "touch me and I will kill you with my bare hands" look and sent it to me. :laugh: I need some practice!

911Girl – Love your new picture.

Megan – I’m thinking about you.

AnneElise – the temperature is always off in my office, the AC is blasting in the winter and the heat is cranked up in the summer. I hope it gets fixed soon for you, I know how miserable it is working with the temperature like that.

Janelle and klmmoore – welcome!

Nothing new here, just really sleepy. Hopefully tonight I won’t have any more fire breathing baby dreams (3 nights in a row now). :ohwell:

Oh and in exactly 5 weeks from today I have my level two ultrasound and hopefully we’ll find out if baby is a boy or a girl. :bigsmile: :smile: I know it’s still a while away, but I’m excited!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Oh and in exactly 5 weeks from today I have my level two ultrasound and hopefully we’ll find out if baby is a boy or a girl. :bigsmile: :smile: I know it’s still a while away, but I’m excited!

I feel your excitement. We should be next week and the anticipation is seriously going to make me burst! :love:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

Thanks for sharing your story! Glad it went so well for you!! He's so handsome. I hope your other children get better soon and Wade doesn't get sick, too!
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Brittony--your picture is soooo cute! Was it fun to do? My best friend is a photographer and she's itching for me to get my belly. She's also kind of weird...she's doing a zombie photo shoot near Halloween and is thrilled to have a pregnant zombie. Told you, weird!

Kaymd--I'm sorry you're not sleeping well without hubby! Hope you get some good shut eye tonight.

Littlespy--She said WHAT!!?? :mad: Words are going through my head that would get sensored. I guess sometimes when people don't know what to say, they end up saying the most exact wrong thing. I'm sorry that lady has no "stupid filter" on her mouth.

AnneElise--Thanks for the clothes tip :happy: My office is super hot too. The plant manager walked in today, declared it an oven, and promised to do something about it. I wanted to kiss his feet!

Regina--What kind of soap? I make my own laundry soap and I'd be happy to get the instructions for you. Very good stuff for cloth diapering...which I don't know if any one on here plans on doing, but I will be!

As for me...
    I just whipped my own raw cocoa butter and mmmm...I want some chocolate! Smells so good. I know there's no proof saying it helps with stretch marks, but I've been so itchy lately I thought I'd give it a shot. Love it! I try to make a lot of my own stuff... like I said, I make my own laundry soap, but I also make my own lotions and household cleaners as well. It's fun, it's safe, and it's cheap!
    I was just wondering...is there anybody else here who's not married? It sucks and I was curious if anybody else is in the same boat. It's pretty scary, lemme just tell ya.
    Also, quick question for all you who've done this a time or two or who are farther along than me (which is pretty much everyone :laugh: ), is it normal to get dizzy? I'm dizzy right now, sitting in my bed, and I got dizzy today at work at my desk. I'm a little worried...
  • hkystar
    Options
    I am happy that this baby will make her appearance before august when its completely awful here but i probably have to suffer through June and hopefully only a little of July!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Bethe - Wade is such a handsome little bugger!! Congratulations again and thank you for sharing your labor and delivery. Sounds like everything went very smoothly. Hope the other kids are feeling better soon, and that you and Wade don't get sick.

Danielle & Ron - It drove me crazy waiting to find out what we were having. I hated referring to him as "it" and "the baby", it was so nice to finally be able to call him by his name.

Kacy - I make my own laundry soap too! Got the recipe on here from Annabelle. I'm thinking about making my own diaper wipes, are you going to do the same? I've done minimal research, and there are TONS of recipes online from simple ones using Johnson& Johnson stuff, to elaborate ones with all kinds of organic ingredients. I'd love to have the recipe for the homemade cocoa butter you make if you're willing to share :smile:

Julie - My back ordered formula came today too! Same here, 11/1/11 on the bottles on the inside. I'm gonna do the same, use whatever and either sell or donate the extra when it's getting close to expiration. Did you get one of the black Similac carrying bag sort of things from your Dr? My Dr's office gave me one when I went for my 1st appt., and I didn't open it til today. It had 4 of the same bottles of formula and 4 nipples. I guess I didn't open the ones that came today, but I don't think they came with nipples. Might wanna see if your Dr. has some of those sample bags and you could get some free nipples!

AnneElise - Yay for your decorations coming in the mail. Please share pics when you get a chance!
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    Brittony--your picture is soooo cute! Was it fun to do? My best friend is a photographer and she's itching for me to get my belly. She's also kind of weird...she's doing a zombie photo shoot near Halloween and is thrilled to have a pregnant zombie. Told you, weird!

Kaymd--I'm sorry you're not sleeping well without hubby! Hope you get some good shut eye tonight.

Littlespy--She said WHAT!!?? :mad: Words are going through my head that would get sensored. I guess sometimes when people don't know what to say, they end up saying the most exact wrong thing. I'm sorry that lady has no "stupid filter" on her mouth.

AnneElise--Thanks for the clothes tip :happy: My office is super hot too. The plant manager walked in today, declared it an oven, and promised to do something about it. I wanted to kiss his feet!

Regina--What kind of soap? I make my own laundry soap and I'd be happy to get the instructions for you. Very good stuff for cloth diapering...which I don't know if any one on here plans on doing, but I will be!

As for me...
    I just whipped my own raw cocoa butter and mmmm...I want some chocolate! Smells so good. I know there's no proof saying it helps with stretch marks, but I've been so itchy lately I thought I'd give it a shot. Love it! I try to make a lot of my own stuff... like I said, I make my own laundry soap, but I also make my own lotions and household cleaners as well. It's fun, it's safe, and it's cheap!
    I was just wondering...is there anybody else here who's not married? It sucks and I was curious if anybody else is in the same boat. It's pretty scary, lemme just tell ya.
    Also, quick question for all you who've done this a time or two or who are farther along than me (which is pretty much everyone :laugh: ), is it normal to get dizzy? I'm dizzy right now, sitting in my bed, and I got dizzy today at work at my desk. I'm a little worried...

The dizziness is probably to do with a sudden drop in your blood pressure which can happen because of the dilation of your blood vessels by your pregnancy hormones. I suffered with this when I was pregnant with my first, fainted a couple of times in the middle of conversations too (quite embarrassing at the time lol). Best thing to do is to keep yourself hydrated and as cool as possible and if you do feel dizzy sit or lie down till you feel better. Do not ignore the symptoms or you will probably have a black out like I did. Its probably not harmful to you or baby but best to mention it at your next appointment.
  • hkystar
    Options

The dizziness is probably to do with a sudden drop in your blood pressure which can happen because of the dilation of your blood vessels by your pregnancy hormones. I suffered with this when I was pregnant with my first, fainted a couple of times in the middle of conversations too (quite embarrassing at the time lol). Best thing to do is to keep yourself hydrated and as cool as possible and if you do feel dizzy sit or lie down till you feel better. Do not ignore the symptoms or you will probably have a black out like I did. Its probably not harmful to you or baby but best to mention it at your next appointment.

What she said about the blood pressure. I have on the low end of blood pressure and I normally have dizzy issues when I stand up and when doing yoga (moving my head from down at my legs up to a full stand). I just move slower and give my body time to adjust. I have had the extreme dizziness when sitting a few times but I just will lay down for awhile and relax. If you are worried about it always mention it to your dr.

And for the married question, I am not. BF and I have been together 2 years when we got our wonderful surprise news. HE has been very supportive from day 1 and I have been the nervous wreck (not really sure I could do this). But 6 months in and we are slowly getting prepared!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    kacylaine- The photo session was really fun. I ended up choosing 5 of my favorite poses. I'll probably be rotating through them as profile pics for the rest of the pregnancy. There was only one point where she had me in an uncomfortable position. I just remember thinking, "Wow, my abs need some work!"

I have had the dizziness and fainting spells. My doctor said my blood pressure is really low and that I need to drink more water (which was crazy to me because I already drink like a camel). I looked it up online and more water does increase your blood volume, so give that a shot. I found that I need to have a small snack before exercising. I also found that if I am exercising in the morning I need to have had a good breakfast and at least 16 ounces of water. That keeps me from getting faint. It's normal in early pregnancy especially.

I feel like a freaking furnace lately. I can't get comfortable at night and wake up all sweaty. I don't think I've slept with a cover on for the past week. I like to cuddle into the blankets, so it's throwing me off a bit.