Asked my Trainer re eating back calories

Options

Replies

• NellaSweet
    Options
    I want to know abt how much calories I need to re-eat to avoid going into starvation mood? I am currently at 1200 calories and I don't generally past 500 calories burned. About how much will I need to re-eat to avoid going into starvation mood?
  • steffers24
    Options
    Thank you! That was soooo helpful to me. I think I have not been eating enough because my body isn't losing a thing!! :smile:
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    bump, looks interesting and I will read later
  • cbroadberry
    cbroadberry Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this is was very helpful! xx
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love it when professionals help us out on here.
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • joanne806
    joanne806 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is really great info - thank you!
  • RedKH
    RedKH Posts: 58
    Options
    Great post!
    I know there are always debates on this topic.

As someone who's goal is 1200 per day and having underactive thyroid i'm prone to getting very drowsy/tired and find if I do eat back the calories I burn each day I still lose 0.5 to 2lbs per week and have the energy I need to go on with my day to day life not feeling worn out and depressed.

It's encouraging to see this because I used to think if I didn't eat back my burnt off calories this would mean I'd lose weight for sure! Turns out I was just miserable....tired and didn't shift any extra weight!

I definitely feel so much healthier eating back my cals and having extra energy! :-D

:smile:
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great explaination! thanks for sharing!
  • LisaMcFerran
    LisaMcFerran Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this, i have really uped my excercise level and its good to know that its ok to eat some of this back, Youre trainer explained this in such a great way too. : ))
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kim824
    kim824 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It was an interesting reply until she started talking about starvation mode.

Your trainer knows very little about nutrition and is not a good resource.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump- I need to read this again when I am a little more awake!!! :yawn:
  • AislingRA
    Options
    Great post
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! This should help a lot of people who where on the fence about eating calories back. You have an excellent trainer!
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! This is totally true and explained in an understandable way!!
  • m3g4nskyl3r
    Options
    If 1200 Cals is or might be even to little. How can one work out exactly how much. I feel tired and icky with 1200 being my limit but I am not really losing like I want to. Also if you eat healthy then its sometimes hard to even consume 1200cals

HELP