70+ lbs lost, new to MFP -pix<3

Options

Replies

• JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    such an inspiration, im about the same size now as your first picture. to see what you look like now, gives me an estimate to how i might look =)

btw, LOVE the tattoos!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    great story! you are awesome! Welcome to mfp... : )
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    WOW.
    You're absolutely beautiful.
    You look AMAZING :D oh my goshhhh
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    looking good!!! congrats!!!! :happy:
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for the tats I wouldn't believe it was you !! You look great at the weight you are now !! Good Job !!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    wow youve done great and look good youll lose that extra in no time
  • amkam96
    amkam96 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey all! I am new to MFP but not to weight loss. I previously used BLC.com to log calories and decided I should switch to a free site with all of the same functions...why not?? :-)

Started my journey about 3 years ago at 220 lbs as a New Year's Resolution. I had always been overweight and had crash dieted off-and-on for years without truly understanding what I was doing to my body. I was 254 lbs at my biggest and a size 24 at Lane Bryant. I hit my smallest 1.5 yrs ago at 139 lbs and a size 5/6 (only 4 lbs from my goal weight)....I guess I just got tired of the calorie counting....BAD IDEA. I fell off the bus, gaining 21 lbs back GRRR. I could kick myself, but instead, I am back at it. I WILL REACH MY GOAL and I will keep it off by maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

As I'm sure I am not alone, here are the few before pix I have where you can kind of see my body:
    13665_215424082663_537947663_4194954_3576096_n.jpg
    30000_426817297663_537947663_5704043_4829032_n.jpg

Here I am at my smallest, 139 lbs:
    30000_426817502663_537947663_5704071_5736727_n.jpg

Here I am now:
    168794_10150135846432664_537947663_8101983_6922046_n.jpg

Add me if you need support or like to give it!! I need all the help I can get <3 happy losing!!!
  • amkam96
    Options
    you look awesome! congratulations...Keep up the good work....Let me ask, how much cardio and strength training did you do to look so great...what did your workout schedule consist of?
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place - everyone here (for the most part) are encouraging and truly proud of each other - it has been such a huge motivator to me - check out the fitness and exercise threads - there are several groups on there doing similar exercise routines - they are great motivators as everyone checks in every day and reports their exercise - keeps me honest!

And btw - you are gorgeous! Love your look and style!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you are so dam cute
  • gog427
    gog427 Posts: 82
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • bini84
    bini84 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Looking good....

I know where you're coming from, it's hard to keep the weight off, especially during holdiay season.... been there done that.

Keep it up.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    OMG amazing!
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you everybody, you all just made my day :-)

To answer questions about how I lost...very strict calorie counting via biggestloserclub.com. Never did strength training (I know, bad). I would walk 5 miles a couple times a week. I would use my gazelle several times a week (20-45 min). I work retail so it's up, down, walking around constantly on your feet. And just stuck with it...it took me about 1.5 yrs to lose it all with an average of only 4-6 lbs lost per month.

I know people say it a lot, but if I can do it...TRUST ME, anybody can!! Thanks for the support everybody <3
  • lchalmers
    lchalmers Posts: 52
    Options
    you look amazing! :)
    also, you are VERY pretty!:)
    congrats!
  • amkam96
    Options
    what is a gazelle?
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You look awesome.....you've done an amazing job :flowerforyou:
  • amkam96
    Options
    I just googled gazelle, its a glider/elliptical...I did my elliptical today 50mins, 560 calories burned, 97 carbs burned...it was a tough workout....will alternate between running on treadmill and elliptical 5-6 days a week 50-60mins.....Thanks for the ambition that I needed, this winter has been a tough one and its hard getting the energy on a daily basis to get the workouts in...without the cardio I only maintain on MFP,so its important for me to do both ...How much cardio are other people doing along with MFP? do you find that if you don't do cardio that you don't lose?
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Beautiful..:flowerforyou: Well done girl...Great determination..
  • StaceyZombie
    StaceyZombie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I call the gazelle a "poor girl's elliptical" lol....it only costs a couple hundred dollars and was still a good workout. Great for people who don't have tons of free time for the gym and who don't want to dish out $1000 for an elliptical. Plus I did have knee problems (due mostly to my weight) and it was great because it was lower impact.

I still have him, doesn't get used much now that I jog on the treadmill....can't part with it though since it helped me out so much lol ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!