Wish MFP had an annual convention/gathering?

Options

Replies

• sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OK but lets have in in Scotland hehe xx

yeah, i'd come if it was in Scotland too : )
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    ive been thinking the same thing - and it would be too hard to hold it in numerous places.

Ive actually been thinking of starting an MFP SYDNEY USERS GROUP, where we can get together to train and support each other face to face!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I've be down for Vegas yo!
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    I love this Idea...I'm in :drinker:
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love this idea too! I think it would be totally awesome to be able to have everyone meet in person, and it's definitely something I would love to do at some point. Unfortunately, I hate to rain on this parade, but as far as an "official" MFP event goes, it's probably not going to happen this year. We are just TOTALLY swamped, and organizing something like this would be a big effort. That having been said, I really really think this would be a great event and would love to do it, so we'll definitely keep it on our to-do list. If the site keeps growing, maybe we can eventually hire someone who's sole job would be to organize the event.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion! if you guys end up having some kind of unofficial MFP event, definitely let me know!

Love the idea!!!

What about a MFP cruise? A year or so away? It would give everyone time and motivation to get in shape and save some money. My church did a cruise, it was pretty reasonable pricewise. It really was, and we didn't have half the number of people interested as on here. I've actually thought about this alot, just never thought to post about it. I would totally be motivated to whip myself into gear for a cruise, plus to meet with my MFP buddies! But any other way of meeting would be pretty sweet too. I've just never been on a cruise.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've thought that myself and think its a great idea! I'm in!! Feel free to add me too peoples!! :)
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Bump!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I love this idea too! I think it would be totally awesome to be able to have everyone meet in person, and it's definitely something I would love to do at some point. Unfortunately, I hate to rain on this parade, but as far as an "official" MFP event goes, it's probably not going to happen this year. We are just TOTALLY swamped, and organizing something like this would be a big effort. That having been said, I really really think this would be a great event and would love to do it, so we'll definitely keep it on our to-do list. If the site keeps growing, maybe we can eventually hire someone who's sole job would be to organize the event.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion! if you guys end up having some kind of unofficial MFP event, definitely let me know!

Love the idea!!!

What about a MFP cruise? A year or so away? It would give everyone time and motivation to get in shape and save some money. My church did a cruise, it was pretty reasonable pricewise. It really was, and we didn't have half the number of people interested as on here. I've actually thought about this alot, just never thought to post about it. I would totally be motivated to whip myself into gear for a cruise, plus to meet with my MFP buddies! But any other way of meeting would be pretty sweet too. I've just never been on a cruise.

I like this idea!!!!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This would be fun.. would love it! How bout good ol' NYC???
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options

Hire me, son!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    OK, everybody meet in Kansas.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i would so be there!
  • MissBekah707
    Options
    That would be so great! where would we meet?
  • SammyLynn13
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm liking the cruise idea...Get me someplace warm!!!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Thanks for replying, what about planning something for the beginning of 2012?
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I think the cruise idea would be PERFECT!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Vegas as well. I'm not a gambling person, but it's inexpensive, has loads of entertainment and dining options too. Let's do it!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Vegas would help keep the costs down for most folks I think and I'm sure we could find an 'older' place that would have room for a large group and be happy to have us and we could use their banquet facilities and other ammenities.
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    Sounds awesome!! I would love to meet some of the people that keep me motivated!