Looking for other P90 Master Series Support (not P90 or P90X

Options

Replies

• MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    I took Sunday off, as I am soooooooooooo sore from Core Cardio on Saturday.
    This happened a couple of weeks ago when I did P90 1-2 for 2 days.
    I can't believe how sore everything is. Tonight I plan to work through it doing either treadmill or a dvd.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I took Sunday off, as I am soooooooooooo sore from Core Cardio on Saturday.
    This happened a couple of weeks ago when I did P90 1-2 for 2 days.
    I can't believe how sore everything is. Tonight I plan to work through it doing either treadmill or a dvd.

unreal how quickly your body snaps out of it eh?
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am going to be starting P90 again. I did P90 moved onto the Master Series and got about half way thorugh it and then just stopped?!? I have not done any "real" exercise in almost 8 weeks and look forward to getting back at it :happy:

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    So I hit the weights this morning after a great bike ride into work. I got through the workout but my shoulder made its displeasure known :sad: I was lucky enough to snag an afternoon doctor's appointment and he referred me out to get an MRI on it tomorrow morning. He says he doesn't think there's a tear or anything so I'm hopeful. I really should've gone back to the doc earlier. It's been almost a year since my initial injury. I'm such a slacker, that's one thing I'm going to have to get used to. I don't need to avoid the doctor anymore out of fear of stepping on the scale, lol.
  • stefraab
    Options
    Hey guys - question - did any of you feel like you took a bit of a step back when starting MS?

I just started week 3 and I feel like I'm getting less fit if that's even possible.

If you did feel like that, will it get tougher when I introduce the new routines next week?
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    I did, but I thought it was just because I was unfamiliar with the moves and many worked muscles I wasn't used to using. That being said, I've read many of Steve Edwards' blogs (he's Beachbody's fitness advisor) and (to paraphrase, probably incorrectly, lol) he says that proper periodization of a workout can sometimes lead to short term losses in strength/endurance/etc as those muscles get less work while new ones get more. He also says that on the whole our bodies are getting fitter overall.
  • stefraab
    Options
    I did, but I thought it was just because I was unfamiliar with the moves and many worked muscles I wasn't used to using. That being said, I've read many of Steve Edwards' blogs (he's Beachbody's fitness advisor) and (to paraphrase, probably incorrectly, lol) he says that proper periodization of a workout can sometimes lead to short term losses in strength/endurance/etc as those muscles get less work while new ones get more. He also says that on the whole our bodies are getting fitter overall.

Actually that makes a lot of sense. Thanks! I read back through this thread about some of the upcoming workouts being super hard so maybe I'll get my challenge soon enojgh :D and then I'll be regretting even complaining.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    I thought more about your question Stef, and for me it was more a departure from doing the same exercises over and over with P90 (same one every other day). In one sense, it breaks up the boredom, but I personally wonder if doing a different module every day (even though some exercises are repetitive) literally spreads out the results more, so they appear less obvious. From Brent's comments though, it all doing good for us on the inside. I may just be looking for an excuse to say I lost motivation, but I do think that had something to do with it. Maybe going forward when I get back to MS, I may consider sticking with just 2 or 3 dvds at a time for a month or so, then switching to the others later. We'll See.

Good luck...I know you can do this!
  • stefraab
    Options
    I thought more about your question Stef, and for me it was more a departure from doing the same exercises over and over with P90 (same one every other day). In one sense, it breaks up the boredom, but I personally wonder if doing a different module every day (even though some exercises are repetitive) literally spreads out the results more, so they appear less obvious. From Brent's comments though, it all doing good for us on the inside. I may just be looking for an excuse to say I lost motivation, but I do think that had something to do with it. Maybe going forward when I get back to MS, I may consider sticking with just 2 or 3 dvds at a time for a month or so, then switching to the others later. We'll See.

Good luck...I know you can do this!

That makes sense too. Thanks mike! I will try and set my mind set in the long-term-goal range, instead of seeing differences right away. Maybe because p90 was so intense-seeming because I was a big fatty but now that I'm more fit and toned the results are slowing down too. I'm going to keep with it because I am NOT ready for p90x and I neeeeeed to exercise daily now. I missed a day a couple weeks ago and I felt like CRAP! I guess your body craves it eh?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I am still here...well kinda sort of... I am logging in and checking on everyone but having some healthy issues myself. Haven't been able to continue my intense workouts.... I am having burning headaches on the top of my head. It gets worse if I am overheated or if I bend over. It has really affected me. It's been going on for over two months. Almosted ended up in the ER. probably should have ... but waited for a doctors appointment . I have a follow up visit on friday. I should have results from blood work then.

I am glad to see some new people and to still see some old. I fear by the time they get me right I will be back to square one with workouts and have to gain all my strenght back. I will back to scultp and sweat 1/2 !!! Not too worry about weight because I have actually lost weight but I am below my goal - which is not good. I am losing all my hard earn muscle.

So you guys keep pushing play and I will catch up with you when I can!!!!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Hey Guys, I am still here...well kinda sort of... I am logging in and checking on everyone but having some healthy issues myself. Haven't been able to continue my intense workouts.... I am having burning headaches on the top of my head. It gets worse if I am overheated or if I bend over. It has really affected me. It's been going on for over two months. Almosted ended up in the ER. probably should have ... but waited for a doctors appointment . I have a follow up visit on friday. I should have results from blood work then.

I am glad to see some new people and to still see some old. I fear by the time they get me right I will be back to square one with workouts and have to gain all my strenght back. I will back to scultp and sweat 1/2 !!! Not too worry about weight because I have actually lost weight but I am below my goal - which is not good. I am losing all my hard earn muscle.

So you guys keep pushing play and I will catch up with you when I can!!!!

Glad to hear from you! Sorry to hear about your health issues. Best of luck!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Hang in there Lobster, sorry to hear you're having such trouble and I hope they can figure out the problem. It doesn't matter how long you're sidelined as long as you get back in as soon as you can. You'll get right back into the swing of things before you know it!
  • stefraab
    Options
    HOw's everyone doing!?
    I am keeping on. I'm enjoying the program more now that it's a bit more challenging (well, "enjoying" may be the wrong word ;-))
    Back from a cottage vacation (yes, I did continue with P90MS during the vacation - except for Plyo legs... I had the routines on my BlackBerry and found it really hard to see the new moves. It was just a coincidence I chickened out on Plyo...).
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Gotta say I've let MS gather a little dust lately. Since I've started cycling to work and also joining the Living Dead Challenge I've let those activities serve as my workouts.
  • stefraab
    Options
    Gotta say I've let MS gather a little dust lately. Since I've started cycling to work and also joining the Living Dead Challenge I've let those activities serve as my workouts.
    Nice! I wish I could bike to work but it would take almost an hour and I just do not have that kind of time in the morning :s
  • scottmay3
    Options
    Hey...looking to join this thread.....45 days into Power 90 after a sedintary 5 years. Down 23 pounds and 14 inches. Should finish up Power 90 around Thanksgiving, then looking at MS....
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Welcome to the group! 23 lbs is awesome, keep up the great work!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I see some familiar faces from the P90 topic :smile:

I'm now in my final 30 days of P90 and want to prepare myself for the transition into the Master Series. I didn't really see a defined workout schedule, but I found a few forum posts that had the Standard / Lean master series programs and I think I'm going to do the standard one.

I have a couple questions for you that made the transition.

It is recommended to have a rest week following P90 before starting Master Series. I know that you should still be doing some exercise, but how intense should the workouts be during the 'rest week' ? Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do during that week? It seems like every fourth week of the Master Series is a 'rest week', so would doing one of those weeks as my rest week be advisable or something less intense maybe?

I noticed that all of these schedules only have 12 weeks, which is only 84 days, so is there something else that makes up the typical 90 day structure or is that taking into account the rest week that comes after P90?

Great job to all who have made it this far. I hope to be joining you soon! :smile:
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Howdy stranger, lol. If you go read through the Beachbody message boards you'll come across a post by Steve Edwards, their Fitness Advisor and he basically says that Master Series wasn't meant to be a "program" like Power 90. It was more of an extension to challenge those folks who'd already finished but still didn't feel ready for P90X. That being said, most of the schedules you see are based on a couple he threw out there in the forum.

To answer your other question, I'd say take the rest week and do so easy stuff like maybe light jogging or elliptical work just to stay in the habit.

I still haven't made it through a full round of Master Series yet. I keep getting sidetracked by my bum shoulder. It started hurting during my first round of Power 90 and it's bugged me ever since. I finally got it looked at and they say arthritis of all things. I'm waiting on an orthopedic consultation before I pick up weights again.

All that aside you'll want to get a thick exercise mat for some of the moves otherwise you may get a sore tailbone. I'm also stepping up to some adjustable dumbbells in order to really maximize the muscle building potential of the program. I was making do with a couple of cheap Wal-Mart dumbbells and they're too light for some moves, too heavy for others.

Good luck!
  • stefraab
    Options
    I just jumped right in :-)
    I get twitchy if I rest