Looking for other P90 Master Series Support (not P90 or P90X

Replies

• MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Thanks for checking in Dee. It sounds like your doing great!
    It is good to hear how others are doing with UML. After doing this again last night, I was somewhat frustrated with it too. There is definitely room to improve on this one...I think it will be the most challenging workout for me.

Mike...I borrowed the X Stretch DVD from someone in work and I hope to check it out this weekend.

Upper thighs are still hurting from Plyo the other night, but getting better.

Tonight, I may do FBE.

I'll be heading out to see how hot it is for a walk at lunch. It's suppose to get up near 99 today, but it's currently a cool 91. :-)
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    I did UML for the first time today. I liked it. I have plyo legs tomorrow for the first time. I'm not sure which one my favorite is yet. I know it's not cardio intervals. I think that is my least favorite. I like the strength training stuff better than cardio.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Day 19 Core Cardio Done this morning. I was more comfortable with it this time, although those damn Dreya Rolls are a pain in the @$$.

Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper tomorrow!

Have a great day all!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Another great FBE and AR200 workout! I'm liking the standard version MUCH better than the lean.Keep up the great work everyone! We're kickin' it in the tail!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Sculpt 5-6 done though I got pretty close to bonking at the end. I'm going to get a decent fan this weekend, GOT to have airflow when I'm exercising.
  • MikeK51
    Sweat 5-6 done today. I also did the P90X X Stretch. This is the first P90X dvd I've seen, and it was nice to notice how similar it is to P90 MS. Most of the exercises we've seen already...maybe just a little extra time and twist to them.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Nice to hear that Mike :) I picked up Tony's Ho' ale ke kino yoga disc to use during the stretch days.

Finally got my fan, woo-hoo! Knocked out Sweat 5-6 and AR 200 in relative comfort, lol. Week 2 of MS DONE!
  • Mike523
    Hey all!

So, week 3 wrapped up on Saturday with a strong Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper 250 :wink:, and week 4 kicked off this morning with Cardio Intervals. I am taking sort of a recovery week this week - no weights. I have been hitting the weights hard for about 4 months without a break, and I feel a muscle recovery week is in order. So this week I scheduled all cardio and stretching to give the muscles a break, and will get back to hitting the heavy weights next week. I also have a business trip to Boston tomorrow, which will be 8-9 hours in the car for the round trip, plus 8 hours of work while I'm up there... long day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Mike
  • MikeK51
    Hey all!

So, week 3 wrapped up on Saturday with a strong Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper 250 :wink:, and week 4 kicked off this morning with Cardio Intervals. I am taking sort of a recovery week this week - no weights. I have been hitting the weights hard for about 4 months without a break, and I feel a muscle recovery week is in order. So this week I scheduled all cardio and stretching to give the muscles a break, and will get back to hitting the heavy weights next week. I also have a business trip to Boston tomorrow, which will be 8-9 hours in the car for the round trip, plus 8 hours of work while I'm up there... long day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Mike

Sounds like you'll need to do some stretching after today! Be safe!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Hey everyone, still here!!! I have been doing the power 90 1/2 series- did the abs this morning and still walking at least four times a week and the gym twice. That's kinda my maintainance. I am thinking about what I want to do next - thinking of the master series lean program. I like switching things up... also I have a friend who just started with advocare products and is highly recommending them to me... so if I start that I will incorporate a new program ....

For now I am just tying to do a maintainance program.

Have a happy healthy day!!!!
  • MikeK51
    Cardio Intervals done last night.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Missed my workout yesterday. Got my tetanus shot Monday and my arm is still sore :( I also picked up my kids at the airport yesterday! They're visiting for a couple of weeks so logging and exercising might be a bit sporadic. Have a great day gang!
  • Mike523
    Day 24 done this morning - did Cardio X for the first time. Since this is a "recovery week" for me (no weights) I decided to throw in a couple of the P90X cardio workouts instead of repeating the Master Series workouts multiple times. Cardio X was fun, lots of familiar exercises from both Power 90 and Master Series, plus some new ones. Has a good long section of Power yoga after warmup, and then gets busy. But it's really not any more intense than anything we're doing in the Master Series...

Core Cardio tomorrow!
  • MikeK51
    Thanks for the comparison Mike. Trying X-Stretch and then hearing from you about Cardio X is taking some of the fear of P90X away. Let us know how you make out with Kenpo. Way to Push it!

Brent....I ended up skipping Monday night too! I was looking at refinancing so I spent a few hours going through our finances and talking to a bank.......needless to say I was a little tired by the time this ole body hit the bed!

I REALLY need to make sure and workout tonight......I'm ashamed to admit that I had a REALLY BAD LUNCH. We headed out for lunch to go to a Quizno's. We get there and the place is gone! So we ended up going to Dairy Queen. Let me say that DQ contributed a lot to my past weight gain. I was addicted to their blizzards and had them 2-3 times a week. So...I ended up getting a Double cheese-burger and a medium blizzard. First time I've been in a DQ for almost a year. Well...my diary is over on calories already, so I have no excuse but to hit it hard tonight!
  • lobster888
    Hey Guys, I was looking for something new to motivate me... I have never taken supplements, or cleanses or energy type pills/ shakes with my training. I heard a lot about the power 90 shakeology but never tried it. A friend of mine is selling the advocare products and several of my other friends have just done the 24 day challenge with good results. (not great results but these guys are already in good shape- they have switched things up a bit ) So have any of you tried these products and what are your thoughts?

I was just thinking of doing another round of the power 90 master series with 24 day challenge???

Brent - have a great time with your kids - must make you very happy to be able to spend some time with them - enjoy!!!!
  • dee74
    dee74 Posts: 62 Member
    OK I have ben doing the original Power 90 Sweat 3-4 and Sculpt 3-4 this week to try and encourage my wife to get back into routine with me, she dropped off about 3 months ago. I forgot how much faster paced these seem to be, I think you get a little more time to catch your breath in the master series. When I was doing the sculpt today I could barely pick my arms up after I was done, I would say that is a good workout.
  • BrentGetsFit
    I use Shakeology every day for breakfast and swear by it. I have more energy, increased regularity, lower BP and it helps keep me full until lunch with few calories. I've heard of Advocare but haven't looked into it. I've not heard of the 24 Day challenge. At first I thought supplements were a gimmick until I tried them and noticed a difference.

BTW, thanks :) It's been a few months since I've seen them. Sometimes military life sucks.
  • MikeK51
    Did UML last night.
  • lobster888
    I have been in exercise mood. I did arms yesterday morning, then a step class at the gym and walking with my friend last night. I then got up this morning and did sculpt 3/4 and abs200!!!

So tonight I will have to just be happy chasing kids around the circus. I am going with a friend and four kids - should be fun. I will stay away from the funnel cakes !!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Sculpt 5-6 & ab ripper 200 today for me. I got my husband some heavier weights for father's day. I decided to try some out. Increased my weights in almost every exercise (up to 20lbs on some of them) & increased my number of push ups. Got a really good calorie burn. Feeling really strong. We never did get around to taking 90 day pics for P90 which would have also been our starting pics for P90MS. We did do measurements though. Hoping to get some day 30 P90MS pics taken tonight. It's actually day 34 but close enough to day 30. lol I noticed my pants are getting bigger again but I haven't lost any lbs in at least a month. I haven't been eating very well though so it's not surprising that I haven't lost any weight. Trying to do better now that sports are over for the summer & I have more time to cook.
This discussion has been closed.