Looking for other P90 Master Series Support (not P90 or P90X

Options

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper 200 done!

Pushing it HARD!!! Using heavy weights and pushing to exhaustion on every exercise. Also added 3 sets of pull ups/chin ups (normal, wide, and palms in), 1 set of shrugs, and a set of max push ups at the end.

For the pull ups, I installed a rafter-mounted pull up bar in my workout space (basement), and bought the Lifeline Pullup Revolution, which is a pullup assist device. Without the assist, I can only do 1 or 2 pull ups. With the assist, I can do sets of 10-12, and over time I should be able to increase my reps, decrease the assist and then eliminate it altogether.

How's everyone else doing today? Kick some P90 Master Series butt today people!!!

-Mike
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Got caught up with my old landlord today after a late evening at work and thus missed my workout ::grumble:
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    Tuesday Night: P90 MS Plyo Done!

Working out tonight, but haven't decided which one yet.
  • Mike523
    Options
    Day 3, Sweat 5-6 done this morning. That workout seems a little.... short. I always find myself ready for a 4th set of exercises when Tony goes into cool down.

UML tomorrow.

PRESS PLAY PEOPLE!!!

-Mike
  • Mike523
    Options
    Day 4, UML done. I decided not to do Ab Ripper today since UML has a bunch of ab/core work already, and I'm doing Core Cardio tomorrow for more ab and core work.

I did however, pause the DVD when Tony started cool down, and did a mini-circuit of 10 exercises from Sculpt 3-4. Thursday is technically a strength/resistance day for me, and I didn't think UML provided enough of that. So I did:

Heavy Pants, Military Press, Standard Curls, Back Scratchers, Back Flys, Swimmers Press, Wide Curls, Upright Rows, Bicep 21s, and Max Push Ups.

Core Cardio tomorrow!

Have a good one guys!

-Mike
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Partnering up with TanMac as a P90:MS buddy starting on Tuesday. We've decided that being on the same schedule will help us be more accountable. Wish us luck!

Did the Shakeology 50 workout this evening. Much easier than the last time I did it several months ago but still rough in some spots. My knees are beginning to act up some, very weird. Ordered some cissus quadrangularis to see if that helps both them and my pesky shoulder. It's supposed to be better than glucosamine which hasn't seemed to do much for me in the past.
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any P90 in a week. I am going to try to get some exercise in today. Not sure if it will be P90. I am going to do this week again since I skipped the whole thing. Just been busy & so tired. Can't wait until the kids sports are over & I can go to bed at a decent hour again.
  • Mike523
    Options
    Day 5 Core Cardio Done. Hmmmmmmmm.... I haven't fully formed my opinion on this one yet. It felt a little strange overall. Get down on the floor and do core work, then get up and do cardio for a minute, then get back on the floor and do core work, then up and more cardio for another minute... I don't know, I'll have to do it again next week before I form my opinion.

A few very difficult exercises in this one - cockeyed sphinx push ups, kayak bike, Dreya rolls... I definitely need work on these.

But overall, even though my heart rate wasn't screaming through this one like a traditional cardio workout, I still got a decent burn at 500+ calories.

Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper tomorrow!

-Mike
  • Mike523
    Options
    Day 6, Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper done this morning. Week 1 complete!.

I pushed very hard again today, and got a big burn at 744. I'm feeling it now, my shoulder and chest are sore. Glad I'm doing X Stretch tomorrow, hopefully it'll loosen me up a bit.

Hope everybody's having a great holiday weekend!

-Mike
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Great stuff Mike! I'm looking at increasing my bigger weights but decreasing my smaller weights next time I do Sculpt. It's tough to get the right mix with my limited dumbbell set and I gave my band to my daughter so she could do P90. I never really liked that thing anyway, lol.

Day 2 of the Shakeology cleanse underway. Yesterday was fair, spent the day napping. I was tired and had a headache most of the day. Hope today is better. Can't wait for Tuesday, regular eating again and getting going with MS!

Oh and on a slightly different note, I'm beginning to notice some slight definition in my inner thighs! Still got a ways to go but it's progress!

KPP all!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Mike, glad to see your consistency and logging on here every day! I know what you mean about Core Cardio (doing that tonight). I think I get more tired from getting up and down so much :-)

After a day of drinking Pina Colodas and beer and eating Kielbasa and cheeseburgers on Saturday, I got up early Sunday and got in a good session of Sculpt 5-6. I followed that by a nice 6 mile bike ride (not long, but I really enjoyed it). I noticed a long up-hill road was actually very easy for me. I remember last year doing that road and how my legs and lungs burned. I was somewhat amazed by the difference. I then mowed my lawn in the evening (was near 90 and humid all day). So I felt good to sweat a lot today and sweat all that crap out.

I know I haven't been very motivating to anyone lately, and have had a lot of false starts.
    But I ain't gonna quit!

I'm looking at yesterday as Day 1 for MS again. My son is back doing it, and I'm proud to see him stick with it even though I've been sporadic.

Brent and Tan.........I'm excited to see you guys starting again yourselves today. Let me know your schedule. I think doing the same plan will motivate each other. Let me know what schedule you are doing. If you wouldn't mind a third person, I think this would help me too!
  • Mike523
    Options
    Howdy all,

I kicked off week 2 yesterday with Cardio Intervals. I think this is my favorite cardio workout in the Master Series... but I haven't done Plyo Legs yet (doing it tomorrow) so we'll see. I previewed it last night and it looks great.

Did Sculpt 5-6 and Ab Ripper 200 this morning, another great session with heavy weights... the adjustable dumbbells are the key for me. I can quickly change weights between every exercise if needed.

After a long weekend of eating hamburgers for three days, I'm refocused on my nutrition effective immediately. I still stayed under my calorie goals even with all the barbecues, but the choices were not all the best. Well, back to normal today!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and HIT IT HARD TODAY!!!!

-Mike
  • Mike523
    Options
    And Mike.... Good for you on getting focused! You've gotten great results so far, and it will only get better! Keep your eye on your goals, set some new goals if you have to, and just keep bringing it!

:)
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Got my Sculpt 5-6 on tonight and bonked at the end. Couldn't do the open arm curls and whatever the other move is at the end. Felt like I was gonna puke but got it together enough to do the 80/20 squats and the stretches. I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming off the cleanse or what. But it feels good to have gotten it done :) Looking forward to Sweat tomorrow. Let's keep the momentum rolling gang, KPP!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Got my Sculpt 5-6 on tonight and bonked at the end. Couldn't do the open arm curls and whatever the other move is at the end. Felt like I was gonna puke but got it together enough to do the 80/20 squats and the stretches. I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming off the cleanse or what. But it feels good to have gotten it done :) Looking forward to Sweat tomorrow. Let's keep the momentum rolling gang, KPP!

Sounds like it might be from the cleanse. I don't know much about that, but it makes me think it'll take a couple of days to get your strength back...and I know you will!

Core Cardio done for me tonight. I felt really good and even went for a short bike ride afterwards, in addition to my normal walk at lunch. It reached 92 degrees, so needless to say I had a good sweat! I ate better too but treated myself to a little ice cream since I had plenty of calories left.

I'm feeling the momentum from everyone! You guys are truly motivating me!
  • Mike523
    Options
    Day 10, PLYO LEGS!!!

Wow, my legs are screaming right now LOL. That was a hell of a workout! LOVE IT!!!!

Tomorrow is UML, plus a mini weight circuit (mostly Sculpt 3-4 moves), plus Ab Ripper 200.

Kick some butt today people!!!

-Mike
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Sweat 5-6 and AR200 knocked out today. Felt much better than yesterday, had to dial it back a little towards the end but didn't stop and got it done. Woke up this morning with a sore back, must've slept wrong, and it took almost all day to work itself out. It didn't impair my workout which is great news, I was worried.

Glad to see so much enthusiasm from BOTH Mikes :) KPP!
  • Mike523
    Options
    What's up everyone?

Day 11, UML plus my additional mini weight circuit done this morning! No Ab Ripper, I don't think I'm going to do it on UML days, since it's got several ab/core moves already built in.

Tomorrow will be Sweat 5-6. Hope everyone has a great day, and a great workout!

-Mike
  • CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I finally got in a full workout today. It felt great! I think maybe I should have stuck with my original plan to wait & do MS after the kids were out of school for summer break. I've just got so much going on. It is hard to get it in. But, I'm sticking with it.

When you do ab ripper, do you do it before or after your workout? I have started doing it before my cardio. I can do it so much better then.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Sculpt 5-6 done today, felt SO much better but got a smaller burn, oh well lol. I've GOT to get a set of adjustable dumbbells, I need a bigger range than I have now.

Crystal, I do AR after the workout just because that's how we did it in P90 lol. I also figure I'm probably more flexible after the workout.