Ladies! Pantie lines at the gym, how do you avoid them??

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too. I have panties that I LOVE for jeans and work pants but they are not good for working out because of panty lines too...I also sweat A LOT when I work out so my shirt is wet and my :blushing: butt cheek/thigh line gets wet lines too :blushing: Any ideas on disguising this?

Gawd, me too! I know it's good that I'm exerting myself, but embarassing...I keep forgetting to wear a dark colored shirt to spin class (where I probably sweat the most)...ick...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    The kind I love the MOST are these ones. The band is lace, so it doesn't "cut in" to your hips/flab/whatever lol. Every company has them too.. I've bought/seen them at la senza, aerie, victoria's secret, etc etc!

lace_thong_bikini.jpg

I found that these are ok for doing light workouts but not for high intensity/ lots of movement workouts if u know what i mean. I do bootcamp 3x a week and these wud def move around. I find that the boxshorts I recommended above not only stay in place but hold my tummy in place too! :)
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret makes a yoga panty that doesn't show lines and doesn't move around. Try Lululemon too.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this too. I have panties that I LOVE for jeans and work pants but they are not good for working out because of panty lines too...I also sweat A LOT when I work out so my shirt is wet and my :blushing: butt cheek/thigh line gets wet lines too :blushing: Any ideas on disguising this?

Wear dark colours. Black works best.. grey works WORST! Cotton also shows sweat, whereas polyester doesn't. :bigsmile:

I wear black yoga type pants...they are a cotton/poly blend. I sweat so much sometimes that I hate to wear polyester because it doesn't breathe as well.
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Commando!

Exactly!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

you need to wear wicking type pants, then the sweat doesnt show. THAT MUCH I KNOW!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options

Gawd, me too! I know it's good that I'm exerting myself, but embarassing...I keep forgetting to wear a dark colored shirt to spin class (where I probably sweat the most)...ick...

I'll have to see if I can find some looser fitting pants...not that it would really matter for the sweat line though probably...oh well. I'm working out it's not like I'm not SUPPOSED to be sweating! haha
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Victoria's Secret makes a yoga panty that doesn't show lines and doesn't move around. Try Lululemon too.

I have those, From PINK, ugh, I still feel like they move, I have to get over them staring at my butt.. Of course a dude is always right behind me. LOL
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I don't think I'd wear a thong working out... what with the sweat factor (and if you're not sweating, you're doing something wrong). I would either not worry about it or don't wear skin tight clothes. I figure if you CAN'T see a panty line, your girly bits probably aren't getting enough breathing room and that can result in things like yeast infections. Not trying to be gross, just keepin it real.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies.

Black yoga pants/leggings/shorts with no panties is the answer to every question I've seen in this thread. No wedgies, no panty lines, no sweat stains, no problem.

Edited to add: If you're wearing shorts, make sure they're bike or volleyball shorts so you don't flash the entire gym....as much as they might wish you would.
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies.

Black yoga pants/leggings/shorts with no panties is the answer to every question I've seen in this thread. No wedgies, no panty lines, no sweat stains, no problem.

Edited to add: If you're wearing shorts, make sure they're bike or volleyball shorts so you don't flash the entire gym....as much as they might wish you would.

what BRAND are you wearing .?
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies.

what BRAND are you wearing .?

Mostly under armour, with some pro sport, and champion mixed in,
    In the interest of full disclosure, I'm NOT a super heavy sweater, so it might not work for everyone, but it works for me!
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I only ever wear cotton thongs, never g-strings, but thongs. The lacy type in the picture that was posted. I can't stand panty lines in any clothing. I am used to them and they are comfortable. They stay put and don't ride up. i wear them on the treadmill and for hot power yoga. No problem. I wear lululemons wunder unders for yoga, I haven't tried their yoga undies, but I hear they are good.
  • ScatteredWriter
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies.

This. Make sure you've got wicking fabric, and you're good to go.

HOWEVER.

If you sweat a lot, and workout for a while (I find anything over 45 mins is my max), you may find you have a bit of chafing, um... between the cheeks.

Ahem.

BodyGlide (found at most sporting goods stores) will do the trick to prevent this.

:D
  • jheat1122
    jheat1122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    haha i love this thread..too funny.

I believe panty lines at the gym are gross...like a total no-no in yoga pants. However, I would much rather work out in full-butt underwear vs. thongs. I also wear thongs everyday..but I feel so much better when I am wearing boybriefs (I love aerie's...I think they're so comfortable and don't ride up at all)

Soo....Mostly I just say screw it, they can see my underwear lines, because I'll probably be kicking their *kitten* in my workout. Sometimes though..especially if I look dec, or have cute yoga pants on, I'll wear a thong. I don't think they're too awful to workout in...kinda depends what I'm doing too
  • jheat1122
    jheat1122 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    and as for the commando...i dont think i could do it!! i may try sometime though
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Full butt undies for me. Yes I do have a bit of a panty line on the side but these go under my cheeks and never ride up. Pantylines are undesirable, yes, but pantylines to the point where you can actually SEE that someone's got a wedgie..... Eeeewwwww! I say cover it all or not at all... but that's just me!! ;)
  • itzamos
    itzamos Posts: 24
    Options
    Commando! It doesn't make sense to throw on clean street clothes on top on sweaty panties, and I'm not organized enough to always be carrying a fresh pair. As for the 'unhygienic' angle... are gyms clothes ever that nice and clean in the first place?
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i wear cotton seamless knickers at the gym, similar to this

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_158010211160_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Lingerie~Knickers

I went commando a couple of times but it felt weird and sweaty and didnt like the seams of my trousers on my foofoo.
    having to constantly rearrange is even less attractive than a VPL lol

Thongs just feel weird if youre not used to wearing them, unless theyre so thin you might as well be commando.
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I must be the girl at the gym people are looking at thinking, what was she thinking:laugh: ! I love Victoria Secrets Hipsters, only to workout, especially run in. They don't move and they cover it all! The rest of the day it is a thong but at the gym it's all about comfort and performance. More power to you ladies who can kill a workout and look good while you're doing it! Keep up the great work!:drinker: