Ladies! Pantie lines at the gym, how do you avoid them??

Options

Replies

• LesRide
    LesRide Posts: 4
    Options
    Ride a bike....No ONE will see it! ;-)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Cisco says is best! Thong.... thong.... thong. REI sells these awesome sweat resistance lacy thongs (seriously!) Best undies ever! :smile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not a lady but I know a hell of a lot so I hope you don't mind a male perspective.

Get some base layer underwear in your life such as:

http://www.baselayer.co.uk/Odlo-Evolution-Light-Women-s-Boy-Shorts-O-181031--Black-product-163-157

Functionality is great and very little issue with VPL. Or at least so I'm told ;)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I totally wear granny panties and let the lines show through, but I don't have my tush in view of 30 people while teaching a class.

Buy a pair of those biking compression shorts and wear them under whatever you are wearing. If you are already wearing something like that, go without :wink: Some people are prone to unwelcomed 'female complications' from the sweat without cotton undies. Luckily, I'm not one of them so I can go without for my time at the gym.

But usually I'm rocking the granny panties.

I'm also lucky to have a gym in the building I work in.... with all older, married, not-looking bankers, and I go at an off time when no one is there to look at my tush.
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I instruct aerobics classes too, so I am cognizant of this as well. And currently I'm working at Victoria's Secret. I have a couple great options. Try the Bio-Fit line and the Incredible line at Victoria's Secret. They are soft material that lays flay against the skin. I also like a couple of Yoga-Fit Panties by Pink. I own them all :)
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I must be naive...cause who cares about having a panty line while working out...I wear panties and I'm sure I have a panty line...but it never crossed my mind that that wasnt proper gym ettiquette....My fat *kitten* is not wearing lace, thong or boy/boxer shorts...Thats just me and after reading this post....im still not changing to please someone looking at my *kitten* at the gym so that I dont have a panty line for them....

I totally agree.

I am shocked some would rather be vain then comfortable.

Vain over VPL ? hmm, I guess if you dont care about it, and someone else does, then yes, it does make them vain. But wanting to present myself the best way possible while teaching classes at my gym, hmm, put it that way , no, I do not think it makes someone vain. Its all how you look at it :wink:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't understand whats wrong with lines. I mean who is staring at my butt anyway?

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was the only one who could care less about pantie lines...so what... I have underwear on...whoopdedo! :laugh:

Although, good luck to finding something that works for you :happy:

Well Again, Since I was the one who started the post and asked the question, People are staring at my butt when I am standing in front of them in the group fitness room, leading them thru an hour long class. And my professional goal always, no matter where I am, is to look my best at all times. To look and dress the part. And Not wanting VPL is part of that. when you have your back facing the classroom, of course they are , at some point, staring at your butt. and I would rather they be staring at my form and what I am doing, rather than staring at my VPL. :smile:
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437086327&c=Page&cid=1300105502789&pagename=vsdWrapper

These are Hiphugger's, they are called Second Skin Satin--the name says it all!! and made with Nylon and spandex materiel!!

also try these...

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265437195073&c=Page&cid=1300105510175&pagename=vsdWrapper

These are all Nylon and Spandex material. Hug the body, and sit smoothly against the skin!

stay away form cotton materials, they bunch up naturally under pants and will give that "panty line" appearance. But any Nylon and Spandex material is a great option.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    The last thing I worry about at the gym is panty lines, but understand as an instructor there's this expectation (unreasonable IMO) or perfection in every way. My favorite activewear is actually a sports skirt like http://www.runningskirts.com/ No concern about panty lines or the detailed shape of my butt being up for critique. Like I care--I'm of a certain age where confidence comes from being happy in my skin--if someone judges me by whether my body meets their standards, it just doesn't matter.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't care if I have panty lines and I don't think it should be an issue. I'm at a gym to workout, not to impress people. I can see if you are teaching classes how you would be a bit more self conscious about it, but I still think you shouldn't care too much. Most of the people in your classes probably don't notice since they are there to workout as well.
    And for the record, I wear boyshort undies when I work out. You can toatlly see the lines, but if someone is looking at that and caring versus working out, they are at the gym for the wrong reason.
  • AmBriCo
    AmBriCo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The BEST thing ever are DANCE TIGHTS!! they make them in full body or waist.. footless or footed.. I used to be a semi-professional dancer and this was the cure! :0) its also great support for your legs capezio is my personal fave because they breath very well..
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I must be naive...cause who cares about having a panty line while working out...I wear panties and I'm sure I have a panty line...but it never crossed my mind that that wasnt proper gym ettiquette....My fat *kitten* is not wearing lace, thong or boy/boxer shorts...Thats just me and after reading this post....im still not changing to please someone looking at my *kitten* at the gym so that I dont have a panty line for them....

I totally agree.

I am shocked some would rather be vain then comfortable.

I guess it's all about personal preference. I do not find bikini or briefs to be comfortable at all, at the gym or day to day. II only wear thongs. I'd rather have a small slip of fabric up my butt than a large wad or have to deal with trying to wiggle it out. :bigsmile:
  • ScatteredWriter
    Options
    For me, it's not so much about the line as it is about comfort! I do not need to be worried about wedgies and bunching while I'm out for a run!

I also find that sticking to wicking fabric -- either in sport panties (they do make them) or in pants/shorts helps avoid any issues with "female problems," as everything dries out faster.... Of course, if you change out of the cotton quick enough, that helps too.
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    I understand that I'm in the minority here, but PEOPLE WEAR UNDERWEAR. It's a fact of life. I've never gone to a gym class and thought to myself, "My, the instructor is wearing underwear, how odd..." I guess I just don't get it. Since when did something so normal become suddenly "faux pas?" Seriously.... :huh:
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    A thong at the gym = a bacteria paradise.. I just wear some nice breathable briefs.. I am there to work out after all.. plus they have some nice seamless ones that give you coverage (minus a yeast/e-coli infection) and no panty lines.. Thongs were invented by gynecologists to keep you running back for more lol (and for the record I do wear them but NOT to the gym! lol)
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I understand that I'm in the minority here, but PEOPLE WEAR UNDERWEAR. It's a fact of life. I've never gone to a gym class and thought to myself, "My, the instructor is wearing underwear, how odd..." I guess I just don't get it. Since when did something so normal become suddenly "faux pas?" Seriously.... :huh:

:laugh:

I mostly wear Hanes hipsters, sure I get the lines, but I have yet for them to ride up on me, they stay put and I never have to pick a wedgie (from TurboKick, to Zumba, to running...) it just doesn't happen. :tongue:
  • msciaobella
    msciaobella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike tempo shorts because you can't see an underwear line. If I'm wearing cotton shorts or anything tight, always a thong!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If I'm wearing form-fitting running or yoga pants/capris, I don't wear underwear. Most of these pants are meant to be worn without panties. Otherwise I wear under armour compression shorts and a skirt or I wear big baggy gym shorts with cotton (jocky for her) panties.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thong and not cotton. I love REI and do a great deal of my shopping for active wear here. These are the ones I use and they work great. http://www.rei.com/product/806787
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Not that that is the kind of thing I care about AT ALL personally......but I find X-bionics really good.