Do you feel like people treat you diffrent now that you've l

Replies

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    I found a copy of her obituary.. I'm sharing to prove a point- weight doesn't define people. And we shouldn't let it define our perception of them, either.

Debbie L. died Saturday at her Midland residence.

She was born Feb. 6, 1955, in Holden, W. V., to Virgil B. and Garnet B. She was an active member of Living Way Church in Midland.

She was a prophetess and Bible teacher; ministering in many capacities in the last 25 years in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and California. She served as director of St. Paul United Methodist Church Mother's Day Out in the late 1980s. She was a frequent speaker at Ladies' Bible Studies, Small Groups, and Women's Conferences.

Her ministry focused on the equipping of the Saints, the restoration of joy, and inner healing. Her trademark characteristics were a contagious laughter, positive outlook on life, and an undying love for her Lord Jesus Christ, the family reports.

Now i'm done fo reals... :bigsmile:

Survivors include her husband, David L. of Midland; her son, the Rev. Joshua David L. of Hamilton, Ohio; her father, Virgil B of Hobbs; four brothers, Robert L. B of Hobbs, Ronnie B of Ooltewah, Tenn., Danny R. B (my daddy) of Monahans, Texas, and the Rev. James D. B of Red Oak, Texas; two sisters, Sarah G of Gahanna, Ohio and Connie D of Hobbs, New Mexico; and a great number of nephews and nieces.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    She WAS a wonderful lady...

Debbie L.

2/5/1955 -7/14/2001

She was such a loving person- she always had a funny story to tell, she was forever laughing at something... We used to sit on the front porch eating our sugar-free fudgesicles together, and I went with her to her doctor's appointments while she was on her weight loss journey... She was a mother to me when my own mother wouldn't be. I miss her so so much.

I am very sorry for your loss. And I agree with what you posted earlier.

I was thin for the vast majority of my life, at least 32 years before I dropped the ball.
    The biggest thing that I noticed was how people will not look you in the eye as they pass by. Even when I was thin and had confidence and maybe I was having a bad day, people would still look you in the eye as they passed by.
    I noticed the shift in eye connection once I put on about 60lbs, then people did not want to make that connection.
    I have noticed that people who are secure, confident, and truly themselves are the ones who have no problem looking other people in the eye, because they don't have anything to hide or to be ashamed about. Maybe the people who can't connect are not being honest with themselves about how they have said something about someone who was overweight, so they can't honestly look an overweight person right in the eyeballs. Or maybe they just have a societial brainwash and they are not strong enough to think for themselves.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Mmmmmm......fudgsicles.....

23211857.jpg
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member

23211857.jpg

ROFL!!!! *snort*

That's so stinkin' cute!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    I thought you may enjoy it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member

23211857.jpg

ROFL!!!! *snort*

That's so stinkin' cute!!

Awww look, it's all melty. Let me have the fudgsicle for a second so I can lick the melty part off for her. :bigsmile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Im only 20lbs lighter but that has made a difference... But ppl would tell me I was beautiful before I lost some weight.. and now it seems more guys hit on me.. but then I think... Are they just trying to be nice, or do they really think im good looking, and is it because I have lost some weight or am I just an overall nice looking person? hahaha I think too much!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Im only 20lbs lighter but that has made a difference... But ppl would tell me I was beautiful before I lost some weight.. and now it seems more guys hit on me.. but then I think... Are they just trying to be nice, or do they really think im good looking, and is it because I have lost some weight or am I just an overall nice looking person? hahaha I think too much!

Hello! Have you seen your pics!?! Adorable!
  • Carrie6o6
    hahaha thanks.. but with low self confidence nothing matters :P
  • ChubbyBunny
    hahaha thanks.. but with low self confidence nothing matters :P

Careful...or I will become your own personal little cheerleader....
    b5299787.jpg
  • Carrie6o6
    ooooooh noooooooooo!! not the carebears!!! Ask Soupnazi how I feel about them!! hahahaha
  • ChubbyBunny
    ooooooh noooooooooo!! not the carebears!!! Ask Soupnazi how I feel about them!! hahahaha

That is a whole lota pink for a small space.....
  • ChubbyBunny
    Better?

super_cute-cheerleading.jpg
  • Carrie6o6
    ahahaha better than carebears sure. :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Careful or i'll find Rainbow Bright.
  • Carrie6o6
    all right all right i give up! you win!! These who ever they are will do thanks! haha
  • ChubbyBunny
    Good I knew you'd see it my way.... :laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    hahaha Well women have always told me im beautiful but never guys... maybe thats just what guys do. though some would say "oh this beautiful lady is your sister" etc.. But i think thats more just being nice haha
  • ChubbyBunny
    HA! I have the same thing.
    Guys don't say I am pretty....although i did have this scarey "homeless" person tell me I was a "pretty lady" I almost punched him in the head (cause it was not a good day to start with). Oh! Or those little old guys in the neighborhood.....i am not sure they count.

I am sure guys think it....sometimes they are probably intimidated, insecure (too), or fear rejection....just like us!
  • Carrie6o6
    hahaha thats funny. Thats a good point. I would never go to a guy and say "wow your hot!" hahaha plus im married... so that wouldnt go over well. My husband tells me im beautiful everyday which makes me feel great until I see a photo or myself in the mirror haha but I guess a lot of women like that maybe
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!