Want real peanut butter for fewer calories?

Options

Replies

• sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing. Will have to try this. I LOVE my peanut butter!!
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    OMG BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!!!!!
  • MelanieB1979
    Options
    Mmmm peanut butter on a spoon! Thanks for sharing!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Saddened to report back that I tried this and did NOT like it at all.... :sick: :sick: :sick:

Soooo mad, cause I really wanted to stretch my calories with this concoction, but it was terrible...

To the OP...I will admit that I do not usually eat yogurt, but thought that the two paired together would make for an interesting taste and maybe mask the yogurt flavor that I'm not too fond of...but, NOPE...YUCK!! There was no sweetness to it at all...Maybe it's because I used Natural PB as opposed to Jif or Skippy, but man....Good Luck to the others out there trying this one...I'm just glad that I halved the recipe and didn't make the full batch to throw away.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this, but I'm afraid that, even though I love Greek yogurt, with a ratio like this with so much more yogurt than peanut butter, the extremely tangy flavor of plain Greek yogurt would completely overshadow the peanut butter's flavor.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this, but I'm afraid that, even though I love Greek yogurt, with a ratio like this with so much more yogurt than peanut butter, the extremely tangy flavor of plain Greek yogurt would completely overshadow the peanut butter's flavor.

YES, what she said!
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options

YES, what she said!

Ok, good to know! Not bothering with it then.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting. I'll have to try it. Thanks.
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I tried it with 1 T.Pb and 4 T. of yogurt. Mix it with 1 t. of vanilla. It actually tasted pretty good with some sliced apple. I am going to put the recipe in and see how many calories I come up with. It was very light tasting...
  • h011yp0p
    h011yp0p Posts: 14
    Options
    Sweet imma try this when I get home--how much is that Greek yogurt

The Fage 0% at Costco, for a 32oz tub, is about $6.99.

That's not too bad
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    bump
  • emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hm, sound interesting. I'm debating buying the PB2 but I'm going to try this first.
  • h011yp0p
    h011yp0p Posts: 14
    Options
    Just made this (1/4) of the recipe and its pretty good tastes different but it would be good for a healthy lunch
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    That's awesome!! Thank you!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of Greek Yogurt. Where do you find it? Is there a brand name I should look for?

It is much thicker than regular yogurt and higher in protein. Common brands you will see in stores are Chobani, Fage, and Oikos (made by Stonyfield Farms).
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KarlaColvin
    Options
    thank you!! I have been craving pb for a while now but the label keeps me from it LoL! yummy I am going to try this! :)
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    Ill have to remember this!!
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    LOVE this idea! Thank you :)
  • kosh02
    kosh02 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks I just ordered some can't wait to try it