HOLY TOLEDO!!! What's the biggest calorie shock you've had

Options
Today is Sunday, and since it's Sunday during lent I'm "allowed" to have what I gave up...pop. And I thought since I could have my pop, I could "just eat" too. Ready for my big shock!!!

For my typical Sunday Brunch: bacon and eggs, fried in bacon grease, 1/2 a hash brown patty, strawberry jam on whole wheat toast and OJ = 480 calories. Ok, I think not so good, but not so bad.

The I decide to go out to the movies with my tween daughter. We buy a large root beer and pop corn. I only drink and eat 1/3.
639 calories!!!!!!

Now I'm in the hole and I've barely eaten! So should I still eat a healthy dinner? Or just go to bed already and start over tomorrow!

And now back to my original question: What's your biggest calories shock on MPF?!

Replies

• lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Definately still eat dinner!

As far as a shocker, I have to think...I'll get back to you :o)
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    i am over 800+ calories for today!!!!!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    Steak and shake regular butter pecan milk shake 800 calories!!!!!!!
  • Swilson87
    Swilson87 Posts: 139
    Options
    EAT!!!! You'll be starving if you don't, and feel like you can't satisfy your hunger.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat a healthy dinner... and start over again tomorrow!!!!

I haven't had that many shockers, but ice cream and chocolate are always eye openers!!!!
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    def still eat a healthy dinner; you don't want to starve yourself. then just start over tomorrow; tomorrow is a new day =).
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, mine didn't come on MFP because I previewed the restaurant website before going...and was able to stop myself from getting my "usual" burrito which was nearly 1400 calories with the side of chips! Crazy, I spent some time checking out the website and decided the safest thing I could order before showing up at the restaurant. Now the thing I get there is about 800 calories, but I only eat half for dinner and save the rest for lunch!
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We went out to red robin last night and I skipped the fries and only ate half my burger which only had cheese meat the bun and mushrooms...438 calories...for HALF!!! For yours it was probably the butter they use at the movies. I would eat a super healthy dinner haha. Or you could work out a ton before bed. =)
  • maviolette
    maviolette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1400 calories in my favorite salad from Chilis - Quesidilla Explosion Salad. That's just wrong on so many levels!
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    DQ Oreo Blizzard cake!! I don't remember what the calories were but I about died when I entered it in!! LOL Never again! And I decorate the things for a living!! LOL
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    DQ Blizzards... omigoodness... calorie shock city! Like 800 calories in that cup!
  • kiwibeandip
    Options
    I've made the mistake of checking up on some of my favorite restaurant meals like sub sandwiches from Jimmy Johns and the crispy chicken sandwich from Red Robin. We're talking calories in the 900s. OUCH.
    The chain restaurants are the WORST offenders.

I was just recently very surprised at the amount of calories in tortillas! 250 for a large one! Wow!

I've definitely become more aware of what i'm eating since joining MFP.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I gave up pop for Lent too! I've just decided that I want it out of my diet for good so I have completely cut it out. As for your calorie situation...Still eat supper. Just do it with a healthy low calorie meal. Maybe some tilapia (or lower calorie fish of your choice) and a full can of green beans? Or whatever you want just make it lower calorie and healthy and then just start over tomorrow :smile:
  • Lionesss
    Lionesss Posts: 4
    Options
    I had a sausage roll and yeah, it took up my complete daily calorie allowance and then some! Good thing they are not always around.
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sticker shock of the restaurant and all the calories in the meals also the sodium is extremely high makes you think differently...
  • ski319
    ski319 Posts: 2
    Options
    chicken strip basket from dairy queen. 4pc is like 1300 calories. low cal food i thought would be higher would be cottage cheese. 200 calories in a cup which is like a cereal bowl full
  • chasing_130
    chasing_130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was kind of shocked to see that a raspberry scone from Starbucks is 500 calories and 26 grams of fat. Eek!
  • adriannenan
    adriannenan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites. Chili's Chocolate Molten Lava Cake = a great big 1100 calories.... yeah, say goodbye to the lava cake.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad that Chili's used to have was over 1000 calories WITHOUT salad dressing! They don't have the salad anymore and that's probably a good thing because it was SOOOO good but sooooo high in calories.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    "Heart Healthy" Trail mix. 170 calories for a 1/4 of a cup, which doesn't sound like a lot until you actually measure out 1/4 cup... which is like two bites. If I sat down with the can and didn't measure, I'd easily go through a cup and be out 680 calories! For a snack! It also has a lot of sugar for something with "healthy" in the title.