HOLY TOLEDO!!! What's the biggest calorie shock you've had

Options

Replies

• sjmartinez
    Options
    I ordered a crispy taco plate with rice and beans and tortillas no drink and got the biggest shock ever 1100 calories...too bad i entered it after I ate...:( never ordering that again not unless i had a major workout that day.
  • Pensworth
    Pensworth Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been eyeing a Haagen Dazs counter at the mall for a couple weeks now, especially this dulce de leche "dazzler" they have. Three scoops of ice cream, banana, and warm caramel... I decided to look up the nutritional info before buying this thing and found out it is something like 1100 calories. No kidding! I have decided it's not worth the expense and got a mini cup of just the ice cream at the super market, which was enough to satisfy my curiosity. Even that mini cup of the icecream was 250 calories.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    oh man, I had a chocolate duet cookie from panera the other day.... apparently it was 450 calories. I was like, "GREAT! I just ate the rest of my food for today!" Went on a run, then made up for it, so I could eat some more.

yep that sucks.
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    OK, today I got the biggest calorie shock of all time! Easter Dinner! 2423 calories in one meal! How many calories was your Easter Dinner?
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    I went to Red Lobster with my sisters for lunch one day. I just had lunch so I decided to split a dessert with my sister...ordered Chocolate Wave (chocolate cake w/vanilla ice cream). I didn't check the calories until I had my half and almost died...that thing was 1490 calories!!! Even splitting it cost me 745 cals!!! OY!!!

**Today, I went over my calories by about 250. Oh well...tomorrow is another day! :bigsmile:
  • shantisyndrome
    shantisyndrome Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Threee of these delicious cookies...700 calories! I almost died. I used to have six of those a day. No wonder I gained so much weight.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Bump. Need to read this thread tonight.
  • cjengel
    cjengel Posts: 21
    Options
    Over Christmas I had a Starbucks... Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha. 570 calories and ***76*** g sugar. I almost died on the spot, have not touched Starucks since and probably never will again... It really hit home that not just food can pack a terrific caloric punch.... sigh.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Um, today! I wasn't going to log today's food at all but found myself getting a little out of control with the nibbling and snacking this evening. So I decided to log it all in to the best of my recollection even though it wouldn't be perfectly accurate. Wow! Done snacking now! I think next holiday I'll log after each meal and see where I'm at. I don't mind going over now and then, especially on the holidays but I needed a reality check today and it would have helped if I had logged earlier. I think I just decided since I wasn't logging to have a free for all. Not doing that again!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    OK, today I got the biggest calorie shock of all time! Easter Dinner! 2423 calories in one meal! How many calories was your Easter Dinner?

Yes, my easter dinner gave me a bit of a shock also. Mine is listed for Monday as I was sleeping and working tonight. I brought it with me and I only had about 8oz of turkey breast, MAYBE 2oz of honey baked ham, and 2 medium ears of corn on the corb. 579 calories! I thought holy hell, I'll have to be really careful the rest of the day.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My easter dinner was 759 cals. The worst part is that it was almost 3000 mgs of sodium.
  • Dragonfyre2424
    Options
    If you have a Cici's Pizza Buffet in your area check that out as an alternative. Each slice has between 120-160 calories a slice. The same goes for the dessert items. That would make the meal a bit more reasonable calorie-wise.
  • GranP
    GranP Posts: 38
    Options
    Hope you ate a smart dinner. My sticker shock was Skyline 3 way chili. 1070 calories for one serving and I use to eat it several times a week.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Over Christmas I had a Starbucks... Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha. 570 calories and ***76*** g sugar. I almost died on the spot, have not touched Starucks since and probably never will again... It really hit home that not just food can pack a terrific caloric punch.... sigh.

If your still craving Starbucks, try looking into their light frapachinos. A tall carmel one only has like 90 calories and very low sugar.. It's my new favorite drink there!
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not really "shocker" because I suspected it was "naughty", but the Asiago Ranch Chicken sandwich and fries at Wendys. I gobbled it down without blinking, plugged it into MFP and it "gobbled up" all my cals for a day without exercise at 1000 (200 cal breakfast)!!!

And to be honest, I was very disappointed in the sandwich itself....so.....definitely not worth the guilt....

I definitely have found that what I PERCEIVE as "healthy" or "low cal" in a restaurant is typically NOT! Another example: Outback Steakhouse "filet" and scrimp scampi comes out looking like a very appropriately portioned meal. Well, the steak and shrimp by themselves are 400 cals..... Now, my guilty pleasure of the mashed potatoes on the side put me into the 900 calorie range for the enitre meal....BUT luckily, I had biked and done some heavy gardening and housework to offset this little "splurge"....but appearances in restaurants can be so freaking deceiving....... Probably why we're all in the shape we're in.... ha!

Lesson learned - take my DROID and check out the cals BEFORE I order ANYthing.
  • Happy_endings
    Options
    My biggest shock was apple bees oriental chicken salad with dressing- 1310 calories and since its 2 for $20 meal we would split buffalo chicken-1160 calories.. SHOCKER!!!!

Also chili's crispy chicken tacos -1630 and I would ask for more sauce on the side.. that is just horrible!!!

;
  • smcolton
    smcolton Posts: 78
    Options
    1/2 basket of chips and salsa at Chili's - 500 calories. :cry:
  • cmisty2001
    Options
    most breakfast at IHop - I'm not going anywhere near as often and when I go I'm very careful what I eat and/or try to eat 1/2
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Not a shocker for me, but it is for some people. I work at a mexican restaurant not a whole lot of people know that the rice is way worse for you than the refried beans. Mexican rice is actually deep fried before it's steamed. Plus they start out with nutrient poor white rice anyway. The beans at least have fiber and stuff and have lard added to them, they're not immursed in it. Just a little info
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Easter dinner (including appetizers and drinks) was 1700 calories =( that was way too easy to eat!