HOLY TOLEDO!!! What's the biggest calorie shock you've had

Options

Replies

• skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Boston Pizza Chicken pecan salad.........1400 cals.........shocker!

I almost ordered this at Boston Pizza on Saturday! Luckily I looked it up on MFP. The 93 grams of fat stopped me in my tracks! All of my friends were shocked. I would have been better off with chicken wings or a pizza!
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The Italian sandwich at Panera's is 1000 calories!!!!
  • kam81
    kam81 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chipotle steak burrito...about 800 calories without sour cream. Ouch
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    freakin' margarita's are like 500 calories (frozen, like you get at the restaurants) and I used to order mine with an extra shot!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Last Wednesday only three days into this I decided to have my usual dessert of Breyer's French Vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce. I about died when I added up the calories...1360! That's more than a DAYS worth in one bowl (granted, a large bowl) of ice cream! No wonder I got so fat...I was eating that at least 3 nights a week!
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The biggest shocker I have had is the Dairy Queen Flame Thrower Meal...When I saw the totals I was in shock!!! :noway:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I love this salad at Outback, but I just looked it up (it's been quite a while since I had it):

Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad 522.8 calories!

Wow, that's more than what I should be eating for my entire dinner, nevermind the pre-dinner salad. It's not even that big...
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    There are foods that you expect to be high in calories, and knowing that, its not much of a shock.

However, my biggest shock was Margaritas. Holy Moley. 230+ per 8 oz.!!!
    After learning that, gravitated towards the low cal beverages.
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    The pumpkin scone at Starbucks for 500 calories. That's a meal! That's some stealth calories.

I used to get one if I'd skipped breakfast. Now I have half a whole wheat bagel and some peanut or almond butter. I feel full longer.
  • rebeccakirby1980
    Options
    cider, 3 pints = over 800 calories!!

And on a good night I could drink triple that if I wanted to!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I remember my calorie "shot to the nuts" like it was yesterday.

6 wings 432
    Burger 900
    wedges with cheese 780

For a total of 2,112.

Darn Buffalo wild wings.......
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    477 calories for a 70g snack pack of Brazil nuts :noway:

I know they are good for you but thats over a third of my total calorie intake for a day so no thanks.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I was looking for information online when I found that a Steak Taco Salad (from Qdoba or Chipotle, can't remember which) was 1500 cal. I used to have one of those for lunch, and then have dinner, drinks, and snacks later... without working out! OMG. And those people at Qdoba have no idea about portion sizes. If you ask for sour cream or guacamole, they throw this whole gigantic spoonful of it on there. I'll be asking for sour cream & guac. on the side from now on, and staying away from the shell!

HAHA atleast I am not the only one who feel for the supposed healthy idea of a salad in this thing. I am pretty sure the last time I ate there and asked for queso cheese sauce they gave it to me in a 50 gallon drum... :cry:
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Another thing was rice. I made some jasmine rice to go with the chicken and broccoli. I've really been watching the serving sizes now just to get ideas of what everything is. The serving size was 1/4c. I would certainly eat more than that normally! :)

The serving size may have been 1/4 c. dry (about 1 c. cooked).
  • helthymom6
    Options
    I had 2 really big shockers. I chocolate muffin at dunkin donuts over 600 cal!!!! I would have been better off with their choclate chip cookie. Then I was out and about and needed to eat so I stopped at arby's. They now have market fresh sandwhiches on whole grain bread and even though it was quite expensive I thought i was making a better choice. wehn I came home and punched it in it was 750 cals. For a turkey and swiss with horseradish sauce!!!!!!!!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I went to Texas Roadhouse Saturday and was scrolling through the MFP calorie section to see what was best to get. I was shocked to see the 16oz Ribeye was 1240 calories. That is before any baked potatoe, rolls, salad, etc..

I went with the 12 oz NY Strip (584 calories) baked sweet potatoe w/butter only (and then removed about 1/2 the butter they put on it) and a ceaser salad. Thankfully I had burned a lot of calories earlier in the day exercising and had hardly eaten because I had been so busy. I wound up only eating 3/4 of my ceasar salad, skipped the roll (which was hard to do) and enjoyed the steak and potatoe and then treated myself to a little soft forzen yogurt later since I still had calories left. BTW, the Cactus Blossom (fried onion like Chili's and Outback have) is 214 cal for 1/8 of the blossom. So the whole thing is 1712 calories and I have eaten about half of one of those before. I am so glad I am past those days.
  • maarbo
    maarbo Posts: 22
    Options
    1st - eat a small healthy dinner/snack. Keep in mind that not all calories are the same (think diabetic/glycemic index).

2nd - I'm always shocked by the fast food stuff because off all the BREAD and BREADING. Remove the breading from the breaded shrimp, or eat half the bun, etc, and the calories are acceptable.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Chipotle: 960 calories for what I considered 3 small tacos. I would have guessed ~600 for the 3

Jimmy Johns: 840 calories for the ham & turkey sub (?????)

Panera: 900 calories for the Sierra Turkey sandwich (????)

It's funny how things I consider healthy have TONS of calories, yet, my Mc Chicken sandwich from McDonalds with no mayo has less than 300 calories
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My mom and I love shrimp scampi and since I can't believe its not butter spray has no calories, we would saute our shrimp in it with garlic and pour it over noodles.....come to find out that a whole bottle of ICBNB spray has 900 calories and 90 grams of fat. 25 sprays has 20 calories too so it adds up. I don't know about you, but I have never used 5 sprays (which is what ICBNB can report as zero cal) -more like 15-20 sprays. should have just used the real butter!
  • maarbo
    maarbo Posts: 22
    Options
    Kitty - Panera Bread (aka St Louis Bread Company) is very high in calories because of the bread. My wife and I love it, but she has to be very careful because of her diabetes. Eating only half of the bread usually cuts the calorie count by over half! It's now very normal for us to leave half of the bread on the plate, and request fresh fruit instead of the side roll, potato chips, etc.