HOLY TOLEDO!!! What's the biggest calorie shock you've had

Options

Replies

• aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Also, GRANOLA. Serious calories in that stuff.
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    One day i ate a whole roll of ritz crackers-- 900+ calories and 60 g of fat.
  • megynilyn
    Options
    I love to go to a Mexican food place about 30 minutes from where I live. I looked up the calories for my usual, fajita nachos (white cheese sauce smothering chips and chicken fajita mix, it's like heaven). Over 2000 calories for JUST the nachos. Not to mention the chips I eat while waiting for my food. Golly, I gave up my weekly trips there, lol.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    My "sticker shock" came when I had a Honey BBQ Chicken Supermelt (my favorite!!) from Friendly's. It came in at almost 1,100, just for the sandwich!!! That didn't count the fries or the sundae!!!! LOL!!

I say have dinner, and try better tomorrow! :)
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    Before I started MFP, a couple months ago, I was going to order a Iced Green tea from Panera Bread my all time favorite place, lol...they didnt have the nutritional facts posted so I literally had the manager bring out this big binder to tell me the facts and i believe it was around 250 calories ( dont quote me, the panera website was smart enough to only report 90kcals, and i cant do the conversion...anyone know how many calories that is?)...talk about dont drink your calories!...needless to say, I just had water!
  • mphwizzkid
    Options
    I gasped when i read this! ha! thats crazy!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I went to Applebees with my family one night and I was checking on the website as we were deciding what to eat and I saw that the appetizer sampler is over 2400 calories!!!! That was unbelievable!! I know it is for more than one person but an appetizer, you still eat dinner after that!! My meal on the other hand was only 390!!
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    I used to love eating Pop-tarts, but 400 calories for the pouch? No thank you! Serving size is for one, at 200 calories but that would make a lot more sense if they were packaged individually.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My biggest shock was pre MFP. My favorite salad at TGIFridays is the pecan crusted chicken salad. Always thought I was doing such a great job having a salad...WRONG!! The authors of "Eat this, not that" reported that it has something like 1400 calories and 60 or 80 grams of fat. I was devastated!! They said it was better to get a burger and fries.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I was kinda surprised by subway chocolate chip cookies- over 200 calories in one!
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    [...] i believe it was around 250 calories ( dont quote me, the panera website was smart enough to only report 90kcals, and i cant do the conversion...anyone know how many calories that is?)

There is no conversion. 90kcals is 90 calories in everyday speak.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Pre MFP - I used to visit McDonalds on the way to work and pick up breakfast.
    In the evening I would have some kind of burger combo.
    When I calculated it out, it was the last time I went to McD's
    - This is not included some sort of fast food lunch as well.

Breakfast
    Egg mcmuffin 450 or burritos's 600
    2 hashbrown 300 calories.
    medium sprite - 210 calories / total - 960-1100 calories for breakfast.

Supper
    big mac - 540 or quarter lb'er 510
    large fries - 500
    large sprite - 310 / total ~1350 calories dinner
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Well took all your advice and had dinner, a nice healthy bowl of homemade chili. I do feel better with that on my stomach.

Wow! I go to many of those places as well, I can really relate to the MCD egg mcmuffin! And the sweented Iced Tea! Not to mention the blizzards, and "healthy salads" !

Thanx!!! Please keep listing your biggest calorie shock! I've only been on MFP a few weeks, and have never tracked calories before. This is very educational, as well as entertaining... yeah, SHOCK AND AWE!!!! :-)
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My biggest calorie shock has been gormet burgers and breakfast foods.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Mexican food and so called healthy salads at resturants,that are more calories then a meal.
  • Kthorne119
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A Banana Pudding Milk Shake Large 1,010 calories. Yes 1,010 I am so glad that I have only ever had one in a day, and have had no more than two in a week.

And Yes eat dinner. One day is not going to kill you. You can make it up during the week.
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    waffle house all star 1500+ lol
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    KFC has always been on the bad list for me. I haven't had that stuff in years but would love to! I think the last time I had KFC, the salt and fat made my blood pressure sky rocket and I felt really ill!!

McDonald's can be pretty bad as well. I love a big mac, but I'll skip them for awhile! lol
  • jeanne1807
    Options
    Hello all. I am new and hoping to drop a few pounds. Any loss will be wonderful.

Somebody up thread was talking about restaurant food. Here is a neat site with all the restaurants. I use it quite a big.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
  • deverez
    deverez Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Early in my ketogenic diet I made a huge hamburger patty out of 1.25 lbs of ground beef, melted about 4 ounces of cheddar cheese on it, topped it with a pound of bacon and 4 over-easy eggs that were fried in real butter. Mmmm!

I ate about 4/5th of it. Turned out to be a little over 3200 calories for what I ate.