12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 8 Wks To Go!!!

Options

Replies

• Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    SOMETHING EVERYONE SHOULD SEE

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/215228-another-mfp-member-inspired-me-to-post-this

There is an old "brain twister" type of puzzle
    "which weights more, a ton of rocks or a ton of feathers"

the answer is simple. a ton is a ton, theres just alot MORE feathers than rocks. Muscle is denser than fat

Kinda the same theory
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Okay....well, I don't feel as though I've made too much progress so far, but I'll try to get some pictures up.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!
  • bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll get measurements soon.
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Post Your Progress

It's time to post progress pictures AND/OR measurements of yourself. So start looking for some pictures or break out the tape measure and get ready. We're about 1/3 of the way through our challenge, and it is a good time to look at the progress we havew made so far. Be brave...post your stats. :bigsmile:

Woooow thats awesome,can really see ur progress from ur pics WTG !
    And thanks for all u do for us...The chart looks great :)
    Ok, since I came up with the challenge I suppose I should be the first to post. I'm putting on my big-girl panties and doing what is totally uncomfortable to do (I haven't even shown my husband these pictures. It seems to be easier to show all of you instead of someone I know so well.)

The first picture is 2 days after I decided I needed to change my life.
    The second picture is the day we started this challenge.
    The third picture is my most recent as of 4/9/11.
    Also, my overall stats at the end.

Slide2-1.jpg
    Slide6-1.jpg
    Slide5-1.jpg

newmeat30measurements-1-1.jpg

Get out your magnifying glass to see the numbers. :wink:
    Lost 17.2 lbs and 17.75 inches since 1/4/11.

**Working on the sizes...PhotoBucket is not being my friend today.***
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    @Maxylicious

FYI: If you don't know how to post pictures, here are some easy steps.
    1) Upload your picture to an online storage site like Flickr or PhotoBucket
    2) You might need to resize your picture (640x480 is a good size. Somewhere between 340 and 640)
    3) Copy the image code for the picture of your choosing (code will have at the beginning and at the end)
    4) Paste the code into the "reply" box on MFP
    5) **VERY IMPORTANT** Change the and to a lowercase img and /img or the picture won't show up.

Example:

thisisnotarealpicture.jpg

For the picture to show up you would have to change the capital IMG to lowercase img. :wink:
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks newmeat30. You are doing awesome job with calculating and posting weigh-ins every week. :flowerforyou:
  • FierceFeline
    Options
    CIMG2134-1.jpg

The first photo is two pounds before I began, last picture as of today. Forgive the weird lighting in the first photp - I don't have a suntan yet!! haha.

Between 30 Shred and taking up jogging, I am loving the results I am getting. So far, so good!
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    OMG, I've lost 4.08% of my body weight since I started this challenge - it is just so motivating to see that on the chart - thank you so much for updating this each week.

I am feeling very up for it this week but am worrying about next week because I'm away from Tues - Sat, staying in B & B and doing 'tea shop walks' in Yorkshire. Plus there is no internet and little or no mobile signal so will just have to track my foods the best I can the old fashioned way. Gonna be tough to stay on track.

Newmeat, You look great, WELL DONE :flowerforyou: You have made me think I might just pluck up the courage to take some pictures and put them up, something I've always shied away from as I don't really like looking at myself in the mirror at all :noway:

Well done everybody, keep up all of the good work :bigsmile:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    great cjhart thanks for doing it :) it is much appreciated!

Nice work everyone, great hearing everyones progress. Im afraid I don't really have many photos of myself where you can actually see my weight differences but I have measurements :)

I am now down to 135lbs :) started at 147lbs :)
    and measurements as follows
    top of arm has stayed the same at 28cm
    thighs 59cm down to 57cm
    upper waist 72cm down to 68cm
    lower waist/hips89cm down to 86.5cm
    butt (not much) 98cm down to 97cm
    under breast 79cm down to 76cm
    across nipples 92.5 cm down to 88cm

:)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: Post Your Progress

It's time to post progress pictures AND/OR measurements of yourself. So start looking for some pictures or break out the tape measure and get ready. We're about 1/3 of the way through our challenge, and it is a good time to look at the progress we havew made so far. Be brave...post your stats. :bigsmile:

I did this a few weeks ago on the boards...it is scary but i'm still proud of all i've accomplished. I'm hoping to lose 9-12 more lbs

This is me at my highest weight/starting weight in July of 2010
    008.jpg
    007.jpg

& This is me now at 159
    159bathingsuitside.jpg
    159bathingsuit.jpg
  • padkat
    padkat Posts: 75
    Options
    You should be proud, you look great :flowerforyou:
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    My first time posting pics .. I followed your instructions so hope it works!
    This is my journey so far from Christmas time to this past weekend.. I see a little change but change is change right? : )
    myweightloss.jpg
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • imaflippin1
    Options
    CW: 159
    goal weight: 130
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I started this weight loss journey exactly 100 days ago. I've lost 40 pounds so far and I have lost around the waist 4 inches, around the hips 4 inches, and my chest - only 2 inches. I find it mostly shows in my face, my double chin and cheeks are slimmer.:happy: I will start adding exercise to my routine since my calorie intake is going lower and lower, and I find myself hungry. I was going to wait for a plateau than start exercising but I think if I exercise I will lose more around my waist and that is where I need to lose the most. Love the pictures, I kind of regret not taking any when I was at my highest weight.:frown: But I also want to put that part of my life behind me! :smile:
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    CIMG2134-1.jpg

The first photo is two pounds before I began, last picture as of today. Forgive the weird lighting in the first photp - I don't have a suntan yet!! haha.

Between 30 Shred and taking up jogging, I am loving the results I am getting. So far, so good!

I might have to do 30 day shred next...you have amazing results!
  • Miasunshine
    Options
    I'm sorry i'm late...
    Can I be in too?
  • viclynn
    viclynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pictures but I will add my mesurements.
    Hips- started 49 present- 47
    Waist started 40 present- 37.5
    Calf- started 16 present- 15
    Thigh- started 29 present- 27

thanks for all you are doing Vic. You look amazing.