For all you oatmeal eaters out there

Options
1235»

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Quaker Weight Control Maple & Brown Sugar or Banana Bread.. when I'm at work and don't have access to a microwave, having one packet of this oatmeal prepared with water is delicious. I add a splash of soy milk after it "cooks" for a minute or two to make it creamier. It helps me get through the workday without snacking on all the bad stuff we sell at my job :)
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Steel Cut Oats and I use Organic Blue Agave sweetener with cinnamon, vanilla and nonfat milk. Om nom nom nom! I love the texture of steel cut oats the best!
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use peanut butter and chocolate chips. Kind of like a no bake cookie. There is a product PB2 that is powdered peanut butter - great for this at half the calories of regular peanut butter. Instant is okay to use, but if you get quick cook, it only takes a minute and it results in a whole cup of oatmeal. Steel cut are the best for you - never had them - but they take 20 minutes to cook, so I don't have the time for that in the AM.

Yesterday, I had oatmeal for breakfast with PB and CC. Then I was very busy - exercise, shopping, etc... I had a protein bar around noon and a piece of fruit. I really wasn't hungry all day and had dinner around 5:30. It really does keep you full longer.