Replies

• wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    It posted twice. Silly computer!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Heather - I have modified the pushups and do not do the rockstar jumps. The first day I did Level 3 I just danced like an idiot instead. It was way more fun. I like L3 much better than 2. I am a little glad we are wrapping up. I'm ready to switch things up again. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Can I just say how much I love being on vacation?!!! Did Level 3 this morning, then I decided I needed to burn a few more calories in preparation for drinks and dinner out tonight, so I took a 45 minute walk on the beach with my mom, and then we did Level 2 this afternoon. I could REALLY get used to this not working thing!!! :bigsmile: And Level 2 was alot easier this time around--maybe I just needed a break from it!!
  • afasnacht
    afasnacht Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Still here...hanging in there! Today is actually going to be my first day of Level 3...my weekend was so crazy that I was basically only home to sleep...ughh! I'm going to make up my days missed here this week!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Heather you don't even know how jealous I am. I NEED A VACATION!! I'm glad you're getting your workouts in. Good for you. I am ready to quit working as well. How did Mom like the shred? Funny....

I have to go to a visitation out of town tonight for my husband's uncle who passed away at the age of 96! So I shredded this morning. It is nice to have that out of the way. I need to convert to a morning person. Maybe once our gym is done....
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    When do you have another vacation Ashley? I'm sorry you're not here with us. :(

Day 24 done for me today! Did level 3 and then piggybacked Level 1 on top to increase my calorie burn. 459 calories gone and will try to get take a nice long walk on the beach later today. Hope everyone has a good one!!!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Did L3 last night and this morning. It's still kicking my butt! TOM started today and I'm feeling really tired and bloated. My mom's group is having a get together tonight. The theme is Death by Chocolate! I'm trying to save up some calories so I don't go too far over.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

Day 24 done for me today! Did level 3 and then piggybacked Level 1 on top to increase my calorie burn. 459 calories gone and will try to get take a nice long walk on the beach later today. Hope everyone has a good one!!!

Next vacation is in June for Bonnaroo. I have over a week of time I can use but Eric does not. Stupid job. I may take a mini staycation myself just to have some time off and do nothing. But a beach sure would be nice.....
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I've had to modify the jumping around a LOT, but I also just started taking boxing lessons which are brutally hardcore as well! I'll still be down for round 2 of the Shred though, but I think it's going to be much more beneficial for me now that I have added something else to it.
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    The good news: Shredded this morning before school. The bad news: Ate chocolate junk instead of dinner last night and washed it down with a couple mudslides. Definitely not diet food!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 25 complete!! Halfway through Level 3 and feeling pretty good! I decided to sleep in a little later today, so just now finished the Shred instead of getting it out of the way first thing. Mom and I also took about a 4 1/2 mile walk this morning and burned 295 calories there. More calories for dinner and drinks tonight!

Moxleymama--at least you got the Shred out of the way before the chocolate indulgence!

Hope everyone is rocking the last few days of Round 1!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options

Next vacation is in June for Bonnaroo. I have over a week of time I can use but Eric does not. Stupid job. I may take a mini staycation myself just to have some time off and do nothing. But a beach sure would be nice.....

A round trip flight to Raleigh doesn't cost that much. Just sayin!

So Day 26 is complete for me today. Yay!!! Level 3 is really getting easier! Still doing the modified pushups and skipping the rock star jumps for now, but everything else I'm doing the hard way, and the hard way isn't as difficult as it was a few days ago.

Getting ready to head down to the beach where I hope to get in about a 4 mile walk. Gotta burn extra calories for all the crap that I've been eating--scratch that--my meals have been good, it's the never-ending supply of wine that's getting me!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

A round trip flight to Raleigh doesn't cost that much. Just sayin!

So Day 26 is complete for me today. Yay!!! Level 3 is really getting easier! Still doing the modified pushups and skipping the rock star jumps for now, but everything else I'm doing the hard way, and the hard way isn't as difficult as it was a few days ago.

Getting ready to head down to the beach where I hope to get in about a 4 mile walk. Gotta burn extra calories for all the crap that I've been eating--scratch that--my meals have been good, it's the never-ending supply of wine that's getting me!

It's $282 plus fees. I looked just in case. :smile:

I agree that L3 is getting easier. I did full situps yesterday and even 3 full pushups at the end of set 2. I hate the jumping lunges. Everything else seems okay. Well except for the stupid rockstar kicks. I substitue some side kick thingies. I lost a pound this week but may be from a little dehydration. We'll see next week!

Have fun at the beach!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Day 27 done! Only 3 days left to go until we are finished and we can report our final weight loss, measurements, etc. Hoping to see some nice losses from everyone!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I will post my stats on Tuesday since Monday is the last day (and I shred at night). However I will probaly repost on Thursday, my official weight day b/c I tend to be bloated Monday and Tuesday due to too much indulgence over the weekend. Considering I have 2 bachelorette parties this weekend, the scale may not be my friend on Tuesday.

ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I'm posting stats a little early because my next couple days look hectic.
    Here goes :
    Starting weight-152.6. Ending-147.6
    Chest- 38.5 to 37.5
    Under bust- 29.5 to 29.5
    Waist- 32 to 30
    Lower abs- 38.5 to 35
    Hips- 39.5 to 38
    Upper arm- 12.5 to 12
    Thigh- 25 to 24.5
    Thighs together - 40.5 to 39.75

So, all in all, I lost 5 lbs and 9.5 inches! I'll count that as success. Definitely count me in for the next challenge.

I'm off to shred!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I'm posting stats a little early because my next couple days look hectic.
    Here goes :
    Starting weight-152.6. Ending-147.6
    Chest- 38.5 to 37.5
    Under bust- 29.5 to 29.5
    Waist- 32 to 30
    Lower abs- 38.5 to 35
    Hips- 39.5 to 38
    Upper arm- 12.5 to 12
    Thigh- 25 to 24.5
    Thighs together - 40.5 to 39.75

So, all in all, I lost 5 lbs and 9.5 inches! I'll count that as success. Definitely count me in for the next challenge.

I'm off to shred!

AWESOME JOB!!! I'd say that those are pretty impressive results for just 30 days! I can't believe we're already almost finished--just 2 days left including today!! I think that I'm with Ashley on the delayed weigh in--my sodium intake has been totally out of whack being on vacation and eating out so mucy, so I'll probably post my measurements tomorrow and weigh in on my normal weigh in day of Thursday.

When do we want to start round 2? Originally I was thinking of taking a 2 week break, but maybe it would be better if we just take a week off. How does everyone who wants to do round 2 feel about starting on Monday 5/23? This time I'm planning to do 6 weeks, and shred M-F and do something else on the weekends to mix it up a bit, but we could all do it however we want as long as we get the 30 days completed within the 6 week time period!

Off to Shred in a bit. Hope you're all doing great!!!!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    Just did Day 29 and I was finally able to do a full set of the stupid rock star jumps. Yay! Also mowed the yard and wore my HRM--burned 515 calories doing that. Productive fitness day for me today!!! :bigsmile:
  • moxleymama6
    Options
    I'd rather take one week off instead of two! Just my opinion!
  • wanna_be_fit
    Options
    I'd rather take one week off instead of two! Just my opinion!

That's what I was thinking too! Okay, so for round two it will go something like this:

Start date will be Monday, 5/23, and we will do two weeks per Level, but you only have to do the Shred 10 of the 14 days, whatever days work best for you. I prefer to do M-F, but do what works best for you.

Level 1: Monday 5/23 through Sunday 6/5
    Level 2: Monday 6/6 through Sunday 6/19
    Level 3: Monday 6/20 through Sunday 7/3

Moxleymama is in, I think Dayzeerock was up for another challenge. Ashley and Tiff, what do you think??

And yes, DAY 30 IS COMPLETE for me!!! It is amazing how much stronger I'm feeling now. I haven't done my weigh in (trying to weigh in just once per week on Thursdays and was OOT last Thursday), but here are my final stats:

Measurements at Day 1:
    --Chest: 38"
    --Under bust: 33"
    --Waist: 31"
    --Lower abs: 34.5"
    --Hips: 38"
    --Thigh: 23"
    --Arm: 11"

Measurements at Day 30:
    --Chest: 37.5"
    --Under bust: 32.5"
    --Waist: 30"
    --Lower abs: 33.5"
    --Hips: 37"
    --Thigh: 22.5"
    --Arm: 11"

So I lost 5 inches overall. Not too bad! Like I said, I'll post my official weigh-in on Thursday, but I don't think I will have lost more than a few pounds total. I think with a little more attention to my diet, and less indulgence in wine I'll be able to do better next round. And I am definitely going to add in more cardio--I'm only averaging about 200 calories burned doing the shred, and think that I need a bigger burn. But, I am definitely feeling more toned and am getting compliments from people which is nice, so I think that the Shred has been worth it. And I bought a pair of capris and a pair of shorts right before vacation, and both were a size 6. Yay!!! :bigsmile:

Round 2 here we come! But I am looking forward to a break from Jillian! :wink: