30 DAY SHRED 4/18/2011

Options

Replies

• crescentd
    crescentd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivational quote! About to do Day 1 and planning on going to a few exercise classes tonight. I am excited to see the results of doing this every day. Anyone have an idea of the calorie burn from level 1? I have read about 180 for a 170lb woman?
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    Day 1 down!!! I also did about an hour's walk today, carrying my 3 year old for half of it ;) Happy Shredding all!!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Did day one of level one... NICE workout! I will admit that I had to cheat on the jumpong jacks due to a knee injury, but I did jump rope instead. I was working it the whole time!!!! Now I am off to yoga and hope that will help ease the soreness for tomorrow :smile:
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 1! And thanks to this group for the motivation! I had ever intention of coming home and laying on the couch... but I felt guilty. So glad that I gave into this guilt today; day 1 is always the hardest!
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivational quote! About to do Day 1 and planning on going to a few exercise classes tonight. I am excited to see the results of doing this every day. Anyone have an idea of the calorie burn from level 1? I have read about 180 for a 170lb woman?

I did use my HRM. It's set for my weight and age, which is 208.4 and 28yrs. I checked my HR after every circuit and burned 343 cals. Hope this helps!
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 yesterday, day 2 today, but I am with you!!!

Kelly

CW 135
    GW 120
  • JessicaBuff
    JessicaBuff Posts: 233
    Options

You are welcome!! I havent done day 1 yet either..gonna wait til i get my 3 rugrats in bed = ) You are doing great as far as getting your exercise! You make me tired just reading it! lol..Im not sure of the calorie burn..I just log it as circuit training for 20 minutes..If you find out the exact calories let me know!
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    Did day 1 yesterday, day 2 today, but I am with you!!!

Kelly

CW 135
    GW 120

So is day 2 any easier than day 1? lol Good luck tomorrow!
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    Did day one of level one... NICE workout! I will admit that I had to cheat on the jumpong jacks due to a knee injury, but I did jump rope instead. I was working it the whole time!!!! Now I am off to yoga and hope that will help ease the soreness for tomorrow :smile:

I dont even have an injury and have to cheat on those..Having 3 kids makes it a lil hard too cause i have to tete bad on the jumping jacks:blushing: Hope your soreness eases up:smile:
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    Day 1 down!!! I also did about an hour's walk today, carrying my 3 year old for half of it ;) Happy Shredding all!!!

Hey i know how it is lagging a 3 year old around! KUDOS to you on that one!!
  • cally112
    cally112 Posts: 16
    Options
    feeling a bit sore today lol but on to day 2 :)

got my measurements done last night here they are:

T= 26
    C=39
    W=36
    H=47
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! How is everyone feeling? sore? I am excited about day 2!!!

The Daily Motivator - www.GreatDay.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2011
    Much to do
    What makes you weary is not what you have done. What makes you feel weary is the thought that there is so much more you have to do.

What if you were to look at it in a different way, though? What if, instead of letting your commitments and responsibilities make you feel weary, you could choose for them to make you feel empowered?

Remind yourself that every action you must take enables you to make your mark on the world. Each of those commitments and responsibilities represents an opportunity for you to make a difference.

Consider how empty and meaningless life would be if there were no one counting on you to get things done. Precisely because there is much you must do, there are many powerful ways you can have a positive influence on your world.

Instead of resenting or disparaging what you must do, find a way to connect it to what you most passionately value. Instead of falling into a feeling of weariness, choose to feel the immensity of your opportunity with eager enthusiasm.

There is much you have to do, and that’s great. For within it all is a life that’s rich in meaning, fulfillment and joy.

— Ralph Marston
  • shellymallon
    Options
    2 days down, 28 to go. Sore in places I didn't even know existed!
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Done with D1 L1 Yahoo.
  • Blakemore1229
    Options
    2 days down, 28 to go. Sore in places I didn't even know existed!

agree fully today my arms are killing me more than anything!! Hope everyone has a GREAT day!! Just finished day 2 and i must say out of all of it i hate the strength part the most...i could do cardio and abs all day!! Good luck today everyone!!
  • cally112
    cally112 Posts: 16
    Options
    Day 2 finished!! My arms r killing me though!! I think the push-ups are the worst lol!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I did use my HRM. It's set for my weight and age, which is 208.4 and 28yrs. I checked my HR after every circuit and burned 343 cals. Hope this helps!

That is impressive!! :bigsmile: I can only hope that I am burning close to 200, I changed my tracker to 20 minutes instead of the full 30 since there is the warm up and cool down. That equals 187 for me according to MFP. I can't wait until I get my bodybugg working to accurately track my calories out!!! Hopefully the person contacts me back soon.... :grumble:

I am ready for day 2 when I get home. I also ran a mile this morning and hope that staying active is key to not being as sore.... I know I can do this :wink:
  • JessicaBuff
    Options
    Cant believe i have had 5 bottles of water already and i HATE water!! WTG ME!!!! lol...How is everyone feeling? day 2 done yet? I have to wait til kiddos go to bed.= )
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Done with Day 2! Only 28 days to go. Already pretty sore after today's workout.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 complete :) Started to follow it up with TF HIIT 15 but had technical difficulties - um sort of.... My sweats fell off :) hahaha Pretty rough problem to have huh... It has never happened to me before. Sore in a good way tonight but will try to get up early and try again. Must drink more water!!! Good job everyone!!