new year's resolutions: lose 5-15 pounds by summer solstice

Options
who wants to join me for weekly check-ins on wednesday? your goal must be to lose 5-15 pounds by june 21, the first official day of summer, starting 4/27 and ending 6/22 (a duration of 9 weeks).

i will not be putting together a group chart so each person will be responsible for keeping track of their own weightloss. to report your weightloss each week, please use the following format (copy and paste with your numbers):

start weight: 150
4/27 - 148.9
5/4 - 146.2 (-)
5/11 - 145.9 (-)
5/18 - 144.0 (-)
5/25 - 143.5 (-)
6/1 - 145.4 (+)
6/8 - 143.2 (-)
6/15 - 141.7 (-)
6/22 - 141.3 (-)
goal weight: 141

if you want to join in, reply to the post with your name, weight, weigh loss goal, what you like to do for fun and some general information about you. :) first weigh in is april 27.

p.s. i will post a weekend challenge on thursday. you can choose to participate or not. the challenges focus on food, exercise, personal growth and charity.

Replies

• Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely be in again....I love your challenges..hopefully this time I will actually reach my goal

Start Weight: 177
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    6/27 – [Goal weight 160]
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm dawn. i am 32, married and have two boys (9 and 7, soon to be 9 and 8). my birthday is june 21 and i will be 33. yikes! :) i like to read, scrapbook, write, knit - lots of sedentary things. lol. i am hoping to run a half-marathon in deadwood, s.d. on june 5, but i just had abdominal surgery in april and may have to settle for walking it.

start weight: 122.2
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    goal weight: 117
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I'll definitely be in again....I love your challenges..hopefully this time I will actually reach my goal

awesome sugar! i know you will!
  • vwgurl2
    vwgurl2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm def in for another round!

Hello, my name is Amber. I am the mother of 3, twins who just turned 1, and a 2 1/2 yo. I work part time as a RN and need to lose an additional 40 lbs. I did the Valentine's Day challenge and the Easter challenge and it def helped keep on track so I am positive that this will keep me going. It helps to be accountable to someone!

Start Weight: 189.8
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    6/27 –
    Goal by Summer Solstice - 177
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'll join! My goal is to lose more than 15lbs but I would still like to join.

Starting weight 229
    4/27:
    5/4:
    5/11:
    5/18:
    5/25:
    6/1:
    6/8:
    6/15:
    6/22:
    6/27: 201

Good luck everyone!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, I'm back in - have had a few great weeks here and want to continue!

I'm Joy, 35, musician and massage therapist in St. Louis. No kids, but new gardener!
    Gave up all booze for Lent and, gosh darn it, worked like a charm.
    Goal is 14 lbs. 6/27 is the week my bf's WHOLE family goes camping - first swimsuit time of 2011!

Start Weight: 234
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    6/27 – [Goal weight 220]
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I'm def in for another round!

Hello, my name is Amber. I am the mother of 3, twins who just turned 1, and a 2 1/2 yo. I work part time as a RN and need to lose an additional 40 lbs. I did the Valentine's Day challenge and the Easter challenge and it def helped keep on track so I am positive that this will keep me going. It helps to be accountable to someone!

glad you're back for more amber. :) i love that the group helps keep me accountable too.
  • godblessourhome
    Options

Starting weight 229
    4/27:
    5/4:
    5/11:
    5/18:
    5/25:
    6/1:
    6/8:
    6/15:
    6/22:

Good luck everyone!

welcome!!! 28 pounds is a huge goal for a 9 week challenge (over 3 pounds a week). not to discourage you from trying, but please make sure you are eating enough and being healthy as you drop those pounds. :)
  • Arielnesika
    Arielnesika Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I could use another challenge! My name is Ariel. I'm turning 30 this summer and my job has recently become pretty sedentary. From sales and heavy lifting to computer work so my goal is to spend every spare minute not sitting down. I love gardening and being outside in the sun. I'm relieved that spring is finally coming to the Pacific Northwest and some of this mud will dry up!

Start Weight: 262.2
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    6/27 –
    Goal by Summer Solstice - 248, hoping to continue losing about 1.5# a week
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hey girl, I'm back in - have had a few great weeks here and want to continue!

I'm Joy, 35, musician and massage therapist in St. Louis. No kids, but new gardener!
    Gave up all booze for Lent and, gosh darn it, worked like a charm.
    Goal is 14 lbs. 6/27 is the week my bf's WHOLE family goes camping - first swimsuit time of 2011!

glad you are back joy! i'd love to hear more about your new interest in gardening!
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hey y'all! I'm Katelyn, I am a college student, I weigh 157.4lbs as of 8 am this morning (which is about a 2lb weight gain since my weigh in on the 13th), I want to lose about 30lbs by the end of summer, but for this challenge I want to get down to 135. I love to play soccer, shop, and workout with my boyfriend! I love playing with kiddies, which is my job, haha. Uhm other than that I just go to school, if you have any questions, just ask! feel free to friend me!

start weight: 157.4
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    goal weight: 135
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I could use another challenge! My name is Ariel. I'm turning 30 this summer and my job has recently become pretty sedentary. From sales and heavy lifting to computer work so my goal is to spend every spare minute not sitting down. I love gardening and being outside in the sun. I'm relieved that spring is finally coming to the Pacific Northwest and some of this mud will dry up!

i know what you mean ariel! winter and cold and gray needs to go away. lol.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    hey y'all! I'm Katelyn, I am a college student, I weigh 157.4lbs as of 8 am this morning (which is about a 2lb weight gain since my weigh in on the 13th), I want to lose about 30lbs by the end of summer, but for this challenge I want to get down to 135. I love to play soccer, shop, and workout with my boyfriend! I love playing with kiddies, which is my job, haha. Uhm other than that I just go to school, if you have any questions, just ask! feel free to friend me!

yes, definitely friend each other. good to see you again katelyn!
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Starting weight 229
    4/27:
    5/4:
    5/11:
    5/18:
    5/25:
    6/1:
    6/8:
    6/15:
    6/22:

Good luck everyone!

welcome!!! 28 pounds is a huge goal for a 9 week challenge (over 3 pounds a week). not to discourage you from trying, but please make sure you are eating enough and being healthy as you drop those pounds. :)

I'll keep that in mind! It looks like the challenge is almost 10 weeks, I'm trying to lose 3 a week until July.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! Wed. is my regular weigh in day so it is perfect!!

My name is Charice and I am 41 and I live in a painfully small town in central Utah. I have 4 great kids (ages 21, 18, 11, 9). I have had a yo-yo existence with my weight for years and something clicked in me last December to make a lifestyle change. Basically, this time my head is in it for the long haul and to make it permanent. I have lost 13.4 so far, but this challenge sounds like a great way to stay motivated. I have a mostly sedentary job where I either work at a computer or drive to different locations, logging about 600 miles per week on average. I have found it is hard to exercise while driving a car, so I have to plan and deliberately find time for my exercise. I enjoy spending time with my kids, reading (or listening to audio books in the car), movies, concerts, plays, photography, videography and editing, politics, and TRAVEL!! I love to travel to new places, see new things, meet new people, and, of course, eat new foods! I look forward to getting to know you all.

start weight: 203
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    goal weight: 188
  • stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I’m in. My name is Stormy and I’m tryin to lose the last 6-8 pounds to get to my happy weight of 148. Lately I’ve been having fun just getting back into shape. I’m 61 and getting ready to retire now for the third time. That is one reason I’m bent on getting in shape – I want to optimize the fun things I can do when I’m "really" retired this time.

Glad we’re continuing this thread. I’ve lost 27 pounds since we started back on the New Year. Here’s to 2011:drinker: See you all next Wednesday. Thanks Dawn:wink:
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Yes! This is EXACTLY what I need right now! My motivation has been waning lately, but I want and need to keep at it so that this new lifestyle can become my default way of living! I am almost 34 and have two little boys. I am one pound away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I need to keep going. I have struggled with weight my whole life, and I finally have the drive to change that for myself and my family! I can't imagine anything better than being able to keep up with my two little ones as they grow and become play more and more actively. I am hoping to lose 7 pounds during this challenge - I think that's a reasonable goal.

start weight: 143
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    Goal - 136 OR LESS!
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I haven't been very successful lately but I love doing these challenges with you all. Hopefully I can get back to 142 asap and work down from there. Spring was hard food wise due to my birthday anniversary and boyfriends birthday all packed into one eventful month so summer should be better, I think. Anyway, I'm a college student in my last quarter! I graduate the 19th of June. I am doing a mud run June 10th and I need to train for that so that will be my main goal for now. Good luck everyone!
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    goal weight:138
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I am totally in! Wed. is my regular weigh in day so it is perfect!!

My name is Charice and I am 41 and I live in a painfully small town in central Utah. I have 4 great kids (ages 21, 18, 11, 9). I have had a yo-yo existence with my weight for years and something clicked in me last December to make a lifestyle change. Basically, this time my head is in it for the long haul and to make it permanent. I have lost 13.4 so far, but this challenge sounds like a great way to stay motivated. I have a mostly sedentary job where I either work at a computer or drive to different locations, logging about 600 miles per week on average. I have found it is hard to exercise while driving a car, so I have to plan and deliberately find time for my exercise. I enjoy spending time with my kids, reading (or listening to audio books in the car), movies, concerts, plays, photography, videography and editing, politics, and TRAVEL!! I love to travel to new places, see new things, meet new people, and, of course, eat new foods! I look forward to getting to know you all.

looking forward to getting to know you too!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I’m in. My name is Stormy and I’m tryin to lose the last 6-8 pounds to get to my happy weight of 148. Lately I’ve been having fun just getting back into shape. I’m 61 and getting ready to retire now for the third time. That is one reason I’m bent on getting in shape – I want to optimize the fun things I can do when I’m "really" retired this time.

Glad we’re continuing this thread. I’ve lost 27 pounds since we started back on the New Year. Here’s to 2011:drinker: See you all next Wednesday. Thanks Dawn:wink:

glad your back in stormy! you are a ROCKSTAR!