new year's resolutions: lose 5-15 pounds by summer solstice

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I haven't been very successful lately but I love doing these challenges with you all. Hopefully I can get back to 142 asap and work down from there. Spring was hard food wise due to my birthday anniversary and boyfriends birthday all packed into one eventful month so summer should be better, I think. Anyway, I'm a college student in my last quarter! I graduate the 19th of June. I am doing a mud run June 10th and I need to train for that so that will be my main goal for now. Good luck everyone!

the mud run sounds f-u-n! i have thought about doing one but always chicken out. lol.
  • mzayed
    mzayed Posts: 27
    Options
    Im back in too! I actually met my last goal with a lot of tears and fight! This has been a fun way to stay accountable and I always love reading the challenges. My name is Maha and Im getting married June 11. Im trying to loose those last few pounds that wont budge!

SW: 137.4
    4/27-
    5/4-
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    6/27 –
    GW: 133.0
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so glad you started another challenge! I was only 1lb away from my goal on the last one and I'm now only 4 lbs from my ultimate goal...I hope 4 lbs is okay instead of 5:smile: I should make it this time...I'm starting the new Jillian Michaels dvd called Ripped in 30! For those who don't know me, I'm Dixie. I'm a 23 year old wife and mother to a wonderful 9 month old little boy. Just trying to lose that last bit of baby weight!

start weight: 184
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    goal weight: 180
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Im back in too! I actually met my last goal with a lot of tears and fight! This has been a fun way to stay accountable and I always love reading the challenges. My name is Maha and Im getting married June 11. Im trying to loose those last few pounds that wont budge!

i'm glad you're back maha. how are the wedding plans coming along?
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so glad you started another challenge! I was only 1lb away from my goal on the last one and I'm now only 4 lbs from my ultimate goal...I hope 4 lbs is okay instead of 5:smile: I should make it this time...I'm starting the new Jillian Michaels dvd called Ripped in 30! For those who don't know me, I'm Dixie. I'm a 23 year old wife and mother to a wonderful 9 month old little boy. Just trying to lose that last bit of baby weight!

4 pounds instead of 5 is totally fine. :) let us know what you think of 'ripped in 30'.
  • mzayed
    mzayed Posts: 27
    Options
    Wedding plans are great! everything is pretty much done. Thanks! I love reading your posts and comments so thanks for posting and for all your support :) Hope your are doing better since your surgery.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll post my starting weight on Sunday when I weigh in next but I am thinking that I'd like to lose 10 pounds over the 9 week challenge.

I'm Melody, I am a mostly SAHM to the greatest 5 year old I know. I love to read and I love to cook, though I'm slightly burned out (no pun intended!) on cooking right now.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am in, again. My name is Robyn I am 31, no kids just a great dane and a husband. I work 3rd shift, my husband is going back to school. I love Zumba I go to class 2 days a week. I think I have workout ADD, I think I own every workout DVD made in the last 5 years, and Zumba for the wii. My hobbies are gardning, reading, and kitting.
    I am currently tring to talk myself into joining a vollyball league, even though I am not the good. I think I would have a lot of fun

Start weight 196.8

Goal weight 185.0
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    i would like to join you. I am a mum of four beautiful children & married to a wonderful man. I like swimming, reading books, camping, going on walks, spending time with friends & family. Many other things as well.
    Start weight 188.9lb
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    Goal weight 173.9lb

Ps does any mind if i also join another posters weigh-in
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Wedding plans are great! everything is pretty much done. Thanks! I love reading your posts and comments so thanks for posting and for all your support :) Hope your are doing better since your surgery.

i am glad it is not stressful for you. my sister is also planning a wedding and it has been so easy because she knew exactly what she wanted for the reception, photographer, food, dj, etc. however, we are now looking at bridesmaid dresses, and she has no clue what she wants (she is trying to be accommodating to possible pregnancy, no strapless, empire waist for postpartum, etc). she has sent me around 30 links of dresses. bleck! :)

oh and thanks for asking about how i'm doing. i am healing but it is slower than i'd like, but everyday i feel stronger. my training schedule for the half-marathon has me running 7 miles this weekend and i will be walking 1.5. i think i will end up walking the half-marathon instead of running it. darn!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I'm in! I'll post my starting weight on Sunday when I weigh in next but I am thinking that I'd like to lose 10 pounds over the 9 week challenge.

I'm Melody, I am a mostly SAHM to the greatest 5 year old I know. I love to read and I love to cook, though I'm slightly burned out (no pun intended!) on cooking right now.

great! i can't wait to see how your lenten fast from the scale went.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I am in, again. My name is Robyn I am 31, no kids just a great dane and a husband. I work 3rd shift, my husband is going back to school. I love Zumba I go to class 2 days a week. I think I have workout ADD, I think I own every workout DVD made in the last 5 years, and Zumba for the wii. My hobbies are gardning, reading, and kitting.
    I am currently tring to talk myself into joining a vollyball league, even though I am not the good. I think I would have a lot of fun

volleyball would be so fun. my parents used to do a co-ed one 'back in the day' and my brother and his wife do one as well. there are all levels, from super-suckage to super-star and everyone has a GREAT time. :) go for it!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hello everyone
    i would like to join you. I am a mum of four beautiful children & married to a wonderful man. I like swimming, reading books, camping, going on walks, spending time with friends & family. Many other things as well.

Ps does any mind if i also join another posters weigh-in

welcome! feel free to join another challenge at the same time, just remember to come back and check in with us each week. lol.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    bumping for more to join.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'll join in! Why not, right?? :D

Hi, my name is Trina. I am 30, married, mother to a daughter who is almost 4 yrs old (June 16th) and a son who is 2.5 yrs old. I stay at home with the kids, my husband owns his own construction business.
    I love to dance with the kids, we go for walks around the neighborhood,and I am working on the Couch to 5K program right now, just completing week 2. I guess for fun I spend time with my friends and family. I am also into Astrology and I read as often as possible.
    Starting in Jan 2009 I began seriously trying to lose weight and have since lost about 70lbs. I recently went back up 5 lbs and am really depressed about it. I can't seem to get under 150 and I am really disgusted by my body in general. Its soft and flabby, despite the fact that I have done Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, Billy's Boot Camp, Zumba, nearly every workout program on infomercials late at night (that my husband let me buy, that is) and although I have lost weight, my body SHAPE and look is the same, only smaller. Same flabby love handles, same flabby fat stomach, same wobbly rubbing thighs, same chicken wing arms. :(

So....hope by June my tune is not the same....

Start Weight: 155
    4/27 -
    5/4 -
    5/11 -
    5/18 -
    5/25 -
    6/1 -
    6/8 -
    6/15 -
    6/22 -
    6/27 – [Goal weight 140]
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting in Jan 2009 I began seriously trying to lose weight and have since lost about 70lbs. I recently went back up 5 lbs and am really depressed about it. I can't seem to get under 150 and I am really disgusted by my body in general. Its soft and flabby, despite the fact that I have done Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, Billy's Boot Camp, Zumba, nearly every workout program on infomercials late at night (that my husband let me buy, that is) and although I have lost weight, my body SHAPE and look is the same, only smaller. Same flabby love handles, same flabby fat stomach, same wobbly rubbing thighs, same chicken wing arms. :(

Try working in some strengh training.
    Julian Michaels 30 day shred is a good dvd for muscle building and strengh. I have a love/ hate relationship with this dvd.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Julian Michaels 30 day shred is a good dvd for muscle building and strengh. I have a love/ hate relationship with this dvd.

I have the biggest loser wii game, i do believe you can choose to build mussels & customise it to your needs.
    I have joined The Couch-to-5K & start on Monday. I'm not sure whether i'm excited or not yet but it will help me to get ready for the race for life.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Hi, my name is Trina. I am 30, married, mother to a daughter who is almost 4 yrs old (June 16th) and a son who is 2.5 yrs old. I stay at home with the kids, my husband owns his own construction business.
    I love to dance with the kids, we go for walks around the neighborhood,and I am working on the Couch to 5K program right now, just completing week 2. I guess for fun I spend time with my friends and family. I am also into Astrology and I read as often as possible.

welcome trina! you'll fit right in. i love the couch to 5k program. i started it 2 years ago with a friend and we ran several 5ks together. it gets addictive. i continued on and was running up to 9 miles a day before my surgery. :) i hear ya on the flabbiness. my arms and stomach are the worst. i have realized that most of it is extra skin, not fat. still depressing, but it helps a little bit. i love the 30 day shred and do it over and over each month. i definitely have seen some toning and tightening with it.
  • godblessourhome
    Options

haha robin, we had the same thought. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    bumping for the evening crew. :) still room for more!