Turbo Fire - i need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    HIIT 20 done! I thought it was easier than HIIT 15, am I crazy? Am I getting stronger?
    I didn't do Stretch 10 - I just don't see the point of it everyday and I'm ultra bored with the same routine. Plus, I always feel like I'm cheating a little when I log it - I mean my heart rate is going down and I'm not doing anything the requires strength, right. So why should I get extra calories? Any thoughts on this? And does anyone else kinda hate stretching?

I actually enjoy stretching- makes me feel SO good after. But yes it does get kinda old after awhile. wish there were a couple different Stretch 10's
  • romiga
    romiga Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of TF Inferno Plan. I'm sore all over but it makes me feel great! Like I'm accomplishing something. The workouts are kinda fun but it's a good thing I'm doing this in the privacy of my own home because I look ridiculous! I worry that since I'm not on point with the moves yet, that I may not be burning that many calories in reality. Im thinking of modifying my food because some of the meal suggestions dont appeal to me and my picky nature, but i dont want to jeopardize my weight loss. I guess I will find out on saturday when I weigh-in.
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    hello everyone!

another jam packed day - my life needs to settle down stat. it's pretty late and i have an early morning tomorrow but i just wanted to check in.

week 2, day 2 - did HIIT 20/Stretch 10 - i agree with you @muffintopminx I find HIIT 20 a lot easier than HIIT 15. Not gonna lie, I was sorta disappointed at the calorie burn from today's workout. (It only clocked in at 180 cals) but some of you lovely ladies reminded me of the whole "afterburn" effect and I started to feel better.

catching up with you all on the thread ----

@Cookie - i'm finally getting a chance to see your pic and i must say...FANTASTiC!!! you can really see the definition in your abs! honestly, if that's what i have to look forward to as an end result from all these workouts, then i'm stoked!!!!!

@eajones Congrats on the inch/weight loss!!! That is fabulous - just another great example that if you put time into this program, you'll reap the rewards!!!

@Coachreyes - Congrats on making it to week 12 - did you take measurements? what's your TF journey been like?

@blackgarnet - not gonna lie, that whole calf delivery sounds intense!!!! you are a trooper!

@mrsyac2 superwoman indeed!!! i would be ready to pass out from all that working out!

@ladybug1620 i also got around to checking out your week 8 before/after pics in the motivation thread....can't remember if i told you but you look smokin lady!!!! You can really see quite a big difference! excellent work girl! keep it up!

@muffintopminx - i agree with the other girls here - i think stretching is important because it makes you stronger, increases flexibility and also helps prevent injury (especially after intense HIIT workouts). i'll be the first to admit how much i dislike stretch 40 but i also know that it's in the schedule for a reason and probably good for my body. sorry if i sounded all "preach-y", i just think stretching is important. Maybe if you don't like stretch 10 - do your own stretches?

@romiga - yeah, i'm pretty sure i look ridiculous too (especially the freestyle dancing parts!) as for how many calories you burn per workout, I have a HRM which tells me how many calories I've burned per workout..it's nice because then I can figure out how many calories to eat back. so far, every day has been different. I also noticed that i'm starting to burn more calories on workouts that i've repeated more than twice! don't worry, as you get stronger, you'll burn more cals for sure.

so proud of everyone - y'all are doing great! so nice that we're in this together!

.....and my novel is done!

seeya tomorrow ---
    Danielle :glasses:
  • MARIELAND
    MARIELAND Posts: 7
    Options
    Since they wouldn't play on my bluray player....My boyfriend took them to his house and played them on his dvd player and they worked... So i am going to do my first class today after work .... SOOOO exicted ...Thanks for the info :)
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Just got done with Turbo Fire 30/Stretch 10 and CLX Burn 1 burned 961 calories CLX is no joke at all yeah thought my arms were stronger nope lol haha...making a calender to combine them both together :) ....but today on TF30 I actually didn't take a break except for when they do and increase my calorie burn from last time go me lol ...keep it up everyone
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Today is Stretch 40, and if I have the time and energy I am going to try and do Fire 30... But first its to the bank and world market
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Today is supposed to be my rest day but I'm going to makeup Core 20/Stretch 40 from Sunday. Yesterday, I did Fire 45 class which was funny because my 1 year old daughter was trying to do some of the moves. I wish I could have taken some pictures while she was doing it because it was too funny to me.
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Really excited: I went shopping for a dress for our preschool graduation today. Found one that was really flattering and pretty, but....I also grabbed a pair of shorts 2 sizes down so I could work on fitting them for summer and THEY FIT! :happy: A little snug in the thigh but so what? Now I have to worry that they are actually going to be too big before long.

Obviously it's not all from TF/CLX- I started working out Jan 1, but I am starting to see results already (3 pounds in one week, HELLO!) I am so ready to get back into it even though it is rest day and I had a bad workout yesterday.

Happy Wednesday!
    Stacie
  • carriecolleen
    Options
    Really excited: I went shopping for a dress for our preschool graduation today. Found one that was really flattering and pretty, but....I also grabbed a pair of shorts 2 sizes down so I could work on fitting them for summer and THEY FIT! :happy: A little snug in the thigh but so what? Now I have to worry that they are actually going to be too big before long.

Obviously it's not all from TF/CLX- I started working out Jan 1, but I am starting to see results already (3 pounds in one week, HELLO!) I am so ready to get back into it even though it is rest day and I had a bad workout yesterday.

Happy Wednesday!
    Stacie

Yaaay!! God I Love when that happens too!! Happy for you!!! :)
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    feeling better today, although my arms are still sore from that calving and my left is pretty bruised from the experience, but rocked it out today. Fire 30 for 320 calories and CLX push 1 for 215 calories.

on another note - for the others doing CLX/TF hybrid... what's with the outfits in the push phase that she wears? Love her, but I definitely think the boots in push 3 should have been reconsidered :)
  • curlygirlyful
    Options
    I did 55EX today. I had no energy all day. I knew that once I started and finished I would feel better. and I did. Also I got a great burn 620 cals.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Would love to add some of y'all as friends. I have been doing TF for about 8 weeks, but not as serious about it as I should have been. Now I'm more committed and also have made changes to my diet and logging my intake using this site.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    Would love to add some of y'all as friends. I have been doing TF for about 8 weeks, but not as serious about it as I should have been. Now I'm more committed and also have made changes to my diet and logging my intake using this site.

go for it! I think all of us on this thread are friendly, and very enthusiastic and supportive of each other. welcome to the group!
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    good evening all!

happy humpday!

welcome aboard @dixiedavidson.

today was my rest day and oddly enough, i'm kinda sore from all the workouts so i really needed it. i was planning on taking a walk but completely missed it. tomorrow is sculpt 30/HIIT 15 and i actually have to get up early at 5:30 just to workout. i'm already grumpy about that. haha. just gotta bite the bullet right?

yay @myroots i love when clothes fit and you can get into things from the past. i have a whole bunch of cute, unworn outfits that i'm hoping to get into by at least the end of this year.

hope you all had a fantastic day! :heart:

-danielle
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I skipped my rest day today (haha, that sounds funny), because I have to get up super-early tomorrow. So I'm resting tomorrow instead. I did Fire 45ez and Stretch 10.

Are the "ez" workouts ones that don't contain HIIT workouts? That's what I'm guessing, but I'm not really positive. Fire 45 was definitely a good workout!

I read a couple of peoples' posts who were talking about Stretch 10. So far, I've done it everyday that has called for it except 1 b/c of time. I feel like it is kind of old, but the stretch is really good, and it is essential to work on flexibility. Plus, we are still burning calories... it definitely counts!

Anyway, it was fun reading everyone's posts. Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • MsHeard13
    MsHeard13 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi...
    I am new here to myfitnesspal and recently started the turbo fire program.. I am on week 3.. I have done insanity and p90x in the past and for some reason I am struggling to keep up with this one.. I think my lack of coordination is a major problem..
    but I am gonna stick to it...
    Was wondering what you log in your exercise under for the most accurate calorie burn/count... I have been using kickboxing (turbo jam).. which I think would be the closest. But when it comes to the HIIT workouts I think it would be much more then what
    it is telling me.. I guess I should just invest in a good HRM/calorie counter.. any good (semi-cheap) recommendation?
  • earthtorachel
    Options
    Yes! TurboFire buddies! I need you!
  • CivicSista
    Options
    Hi...
    I am new here to myfitnesspal and recently started the turbo fire program.. I am on week 3.. I have done insanity and p90x in the past and for some reason I am struggling to keep up with this one.. I think my lack of coordination is a major problem..
    Was wondering what you log in your exercise under for the most accurate calorie burn/count... I have been using kickboxing (turbo jam).. which I think would be the closest. But when it comes to the HIIT workouts I think it would be much more then what
    it is telling me.. I guess I should just invest in a good HRM/calorie counter.. any good (semi-cheap) recommendation?

I have the sportline duo which is designed for females. I love it.

Today is Fire 30/Stretch 10. Can't wait to get my Turbo on!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi...

Hi.. I got my HRM from sports Authority and it was $100 they have cheaper ones at Wal-mart and Target.you should get one that has a chest strap,it will be more accurate :smile: also I was logging my HIIT under Aerobics High impact,and fire under Kickboxing including Turbo Jam
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Hi...

I got a polar f4 from amazon.com for 90.00 (total including shipping) I love it so much and even got one for my Bestie for Mothers day and she loves it too.