Turbo Fire - i need some buddies!

Options
hi everyone,

On May 1st, i'll be starting the Turbo Fire program and i'm really excited to start this program. It'll be my 30th bday in August and i'm planning a big birthday blowout vacation - so i'm hoping to be in tip top shape by then. Anyone want to start with me? It'd be nice to have a few buddies to share our experience in doing this crazy, amazing program!

Replies

• Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    It is an awesome program. I've been doing it ever since it came out! Enjoy it, it will give you excellent results!
  • nephie
    nephie Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there,

I just started TF on Thursday, not sure if I'll so the entire class as suggested or if I'll do a hybrid Chalean Extreme and TF hybrid schedule, since I get bored very easily doing the same thing every single day. I'm giving TF a try as suggested for a week to see how it goes and then I'll decide. Either way, stay in touch, we can help keep each other motivated. That's what this site is all about....sharing, keeping motivated and having others on your corner cheering you on too. :smile: I have an August goal too...going to the beach with my entire family (don't want them seeing me in a bathing suit as I am now) and will also celebrate my 5th anniversary. So as the saying goes...IT's ON!
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im doing Turbo Fire! I dont use the schedule but I workout with it. I LOVE it too! I think I will start using the schedule soon though once I figure out how to work it into my running and strength training schedule.
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im doing Turbo Fire! I dont use the schedule but I workout with it. I LOVE it too! I think I will start using the schedule soon though once I figure out how to work it into my running and strength training schedule.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I just ended week 14, i don't have lots of weight to lose, but it is a great workout especially the HIIT workouts, hope u have fun with it
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    sure ill do it with you. I have the dvd's too but been doing them here and there so lets go. You can add me nd we can go from there. My bday is May 29th :bigsmile: so I would like to step it up for that as well
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    morning everyone!

thanks for all the replies - every time i see positive words/results about this program, i get even more excited to start it.

question for all of you - has anyone done the inferno plan? are those workouts manageable for someone who's just starting out turbo fire? i plan on getting acquainted with all the workouts this week and then, on May 1st - i'm going to give that schedule a go.

@l3xxi - thanks so much for adding me girl! yay for bdays - let's do this!!!!!!! how often are you doing the workouts right now?

@cookie22684 - congrats on making it to week 14! that's amazing. i bought the advance workouts as well so my aim is to do the 20 week program. when did you start noticing results?

@InMyJeans - so glad to hear you love it! i'm fully prepared to get my butt kicked with these workouts but i know it'll be worth it. you mentioned that you are running too? i just recently started the couch to 5k program (which i'd still like to keep up b/c i want to participate in a 5k at the end of september.) Do you train on your own or are you using a program? How do you find balancing the turbo fire with running?

@nephie hi girl!! thanks so much for adding me! i love all the support from this site..it's definitely better to know others are in this with me! we can definitely do this and be super-stylin swim suit hotties for august! i'm game!!!! soooo, how did you find the first few days of TF? did you do Chalean Extreme before this?

anyway, keep posting back here ladies - let's stay motivated! Happy Easter to you all!
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    @angel1029 - i missed you in my big post - somehow your message didn't show up :/ thanks for replying! i'm really confident that if i stick with it that i'll get results. i've done P90, turbo jam and slim in 6 before and they gave me great results. i have to admit though that after awhile those programs started to bore me. i like that turbo fire mixes it up so you have a variety from week to week.
  • betharose7
    betharose7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there sorry to be a pain, was just wondering if u know of anywhere u can get these DVDs a bit cheaper? I saw them on tv they look fab but just a wee bit pricey for me :)
  • betharose7
    Options
    Hi there sorry to be a pain, was just wondering if u know of anywhere u can get these DVDs a bit cheaper? I saw them on tv they look fab but just a wee bit pricey for me :)
  • JulianneR
    JulianneR Posts: 46
    Options
    Hi -- Can I join you, too? I'm starting the Push Phase (Month 2) of ChaLean Extreme and adding Turbo Fire (maybe Turbo Jam) to my non-lifting days. When I'm done with CLX, I'm going to start TF and follow the schedule. But, for now, I'd like to do this hybrid version. Good luck, everyone!
  • JulianneR
    JulianneR Posts: 46
    Options

Hi -- I believe you can order through Amazon, but just make sure the company you use is a "trusted" seller and that you can return them if they're defective. If you search for Beachbody products, you'll see a lot of complaints from people who got burned copies, incomplete sets, etc -- so just make sure you can get what you want and return it if you need to.

I just bought Turbo Fire from Beachbody, and am being charged the $20 for 6 months rather than all at once. That made it more do-able for me. Hope this helps.
  • Zoe9636
    Zoe9636 Posts: 56
    Options
    I am on day 2 of the inferno plan so would love to start the regular plan with you guys, it will keep me motivated to keep at it.
  • betharose7
    Options
    $20 a month is doable I wonder if they ship to the uk? Thanks I'll look into that :)
  • wildmustng87
    Options
    Hi there!

I am new to the site and I just got the Turbofire set of DVDs from a friend (only the DVDs, no resistance band or anything else that comes with it, but I think I'll be able to manage). I would love to start with you, I might start a week early (tomorrow) but would love to have a few friends to help me stay motivated! I have a bad track record when it comes to sticking to a workout routine but this time I am REALLY determined!

I am not sure if I have enough room in my house to do the workouts so that may mean I can't do it, but I will try and hopefully get started!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi There
    I'd like in on this too but I won't be able to start until May 9th - that's when I plan to be finished with 30 day shred. Right now I do shred + cardio that could be power walking ( have issues with my left knee) card/weights or beloved turbo jam!! I might start the using turbo fire for my extra cardio on May 1st so can keep up with you all. I will probably be modifying some of it some my knee is okay but I'm in!! I tried this last year when I quit smoking but I lost motivation to work out . I feel like I've finally got my groove back and I don't want to miss out on my opportunity to be fit and healthy. It only gets tougher as we get older, unfortunately.
    My birthday isn't until November ; I'll be 49. I'd really like to be lean and fit so I don't trip so much about how I look and feel in my clothes. I look forward to getting to know all of you better on this 90 day journey

Janet
  • curlygirlyful
    Options
    I'm in to start on May 1st. I ordered turbo fire last week and it should be here by friday. I am definitally excited about this because my 4 year anniversary is in August and I want to actually feel comfortable in a bikini.
  • ch0c0lati3r
    ch0c0lati3r Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am new to the site and I just got the Turbofire set of DVDs from a friend (only the DVDs, no resistance band or anything else that comes with it, but I think I'll be able to manage). I would love to start with you, I might start a week early (tomorrow) but would love to have a few friends to help me stay motivated! I have a bad track record when it comes to sticking to a workout routine but this time I am REALLY determined!

I am not sure if I have enough room in my house to do the workouts so that may mean I can't do it, but I will try and hopefully get started!

Oh perfect, I just got mine and am planning to start tomorrow (4/25). Let's do this! :)
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I will be doing a hybrid with Zumba. I plan on doing Turbo Fire 4 days a week and Zumba 2 days.
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yay for turning 30! I just did back in January and I'm determined to have a figure that will carry me on through my 60s and 70s--- and it starts now!
    I'm working on turboFire now, the prep-schedule until I get back from a week-long trip for work on 13 May. But the way I schedule my workouts is to have Friday as an off day (date night!) and everything falls in place from there. Please add me as a friend (and I'll do the same)--- although we'll be a little off schedule, I'm more than happy to throw in those words of encouragement--- it's really a great program. Word of advice: DRINK A LOT OF WATER all the time! :-) Have fun!!!