Turbo Fire - i need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• tiffmint
    tiffmint Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Dani, I am in week two of Turbo Fire. LOVE IT! I bypassed Shakeology and got Pure Nutrition from Purebody Nutrition and I love it too. I even crave the protein shakes...yay me. I have 90 pounds to lose and I am motivated to eat right, exercise and whoop whoop some booty. You can add me if you like and we can keep a check on each other.

See ya,
    Tiff
  • tiffmint
    tiffmint Posts: 2
    Options
    Go girl! Keep pressing play! We can all do this!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Hi everyone I am on round 2 of Turbo Fire! I have taken some time off from working out but I am back and on fire!! Today was HIIT 15 and I burned 155 calories.hope everyone has a great night!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I really liked it, but it was hard to keep up. Not so much because of the workout itself, but because she was moving too quickly through the moves w/ no explanation. I kept moving, but it made it difficult to keep up. It was very high-energy and motivating, though, and I felt great all day. :)

I am sticking w/ the 1500 cal/day diet. It was pretty close to where I need to be anyway, and I like that I can follow the nutrition guide more easily. Anything that makes my life easier is good. My overall goals include weight-loss first and then body shaping. I have about 40 lbs that I would like to lose total.

I loved P90X and Insanity when I did them before (it's been awhile... I'm a "yo-yo" exerciser too). I'd like to do both of those workouts again, but I've heard great things about TF and I really want to focus on losing the weight right now.

Thanks for asking. Any tips?

Welcome aboard Stacio! Thanks for telling us about your first day using TF. I'm really excited to start on Sunday. Right now, I'm finishing up TJ and prepping for TF this week so i'm not so lost in doing the moves during week 1. (lol i'm kinda uncoordinated like that - i guarantee it'll take me about three tries before I get each workout right.) anway, keep posting progress girl!

Thanks for the welcome! I love all of the support. The moves were easier for me today, but it was HIIT and it kicked my butt. I can tell it's been a while since I've worked out. :)
  • staclo
    Options
    Burned 462 calories, :drinker: hope everyone is having a great evening

Great job! Since I moved a few months ago, I haven't been able to find my hrm. I have no idea how many calories I'm burning, but oh well.
  • staclo
    Options
    Hey ladies...I would like to join but I love anything Turbo Fire. I'm in week 7 and love how my body is changing. GL everyone!

This is really encouraging to me. I've heard such good things about TF... I'm so excited to see some results!
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    HIIT 25 today and burned 291 calories. I have a head cold and I wanted to die by the time I was done but still had a smile on my face. I only did a 6 on a scale of 10 so I can't wait to do this one again when I am feeling better.
    I did not try the Inferno Plan before starting the program so I can't comment on that.
    so far I have lost 5 lbs in the 3 weeks that I have been doing TurboFire. I have not been very consistent though due to being sick and life just getting in the way. I think I have missed at least 1 workout a week but I am going to change that this week.
  • staclo
    Options
    I did HIIT 15 today; it kicked my butt. I felt like my body could have gotten through it ok but I got lightheaded and nauseous about 2/3 of the way into it and had to slow it down and then stop so that I wouldn't throw up. I guess I'm a little out of shape, lol. Oh well, I'll get back into the groove. I've heard so many people say how much they love TF; I'm really excited to start seeing results and get further into it.

Great job everyone! :happy:
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Love Turbo Fire, I am on week 3!!! Up everyday at 6 am ro do it!!!:flowerforyou:
    Ill add you as a friend as well!!:blushing:
  • staclo
    Options
    Add me as a friend too! Or I could add you all...
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    hi everyone!!!!

hope you all had a fantastic day! A big warm welcome to all you fabulous ladies joining us on this TF journey! (I'm talking to you --- CrankyButt, kikix5, caligirl86, ellemay87, heppin1, firmjeannie, jackiekjames, eajones1983, chelsealovesyou, tiffmint, jessicapages, blondie76)

for those of you that have already started TF, it's so nice to hear your results so far. So Week 1 begins this sunday for me. I plan on doing the Inferno plan in week 2. I'm hesitant to spend the money on Shakeology - can anyone rec any other comparable brands? Does anyone use the recovery formula?

Great work everyone - keep it up! We can do this!!!!

in complete randomness, i am completely fan-girling/gleeking out at the warbler's version of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know." Any Glee fans out there? that.was.awesome.
  • erinnicole3746
    Options
    Hey guys! i'm on day 2 and i'm struggling a little bit : / I know i'm out of shape but I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on how they got through the first little bit until I get in better shape? At this point the warm ups are kickin my butt! any advice would b appreciated. I really enjoy it i'm just having trouble making by body get all the way through it. thanks!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend please do! have a great night everybody :)
  • daniedee81
    Options
    Hi, everyone!

I absolutely love TurboFire. Unfortunately, I had a bad 2 weels where I just wasn't motivated to workout, so I started the TurboFire Prep schedule yesterday, but I am thinking that by May 1st I would definitely be able to go all out and add the HIIT workouts in again. I have Chalean Extreme too and I debate whether or not I should do the hybrid but would like to complete a cycle of each before I mix them in. What does everyone think. Feel free to friend me on here, I don't have any yet. LOL! : (

Jeannie

hey Jeannie,
    i know all about what it's like to be unmotivated. That's why I think this site is so neat. When I see other people posting their workouts, it motivates me to do mine too! Try the TF program with me on May 1st. If you don't feel that it is challenging enough, maybe then do the CE/TF hybrid? regardless, I promise to be on your case and help keep you motivated!! :)
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am starting TF/CLX hybrid on Monday (May 2nd). Would love to be part of this group and have buddies:) I love Chalene and Turbo Jam and I know I am going to love love these new programs.
  • daniedee81
    Options
    Hey guys! i'm on day 2 and i'm struggling a little bit : / I know i'm out of shape but I was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on how they got through the first little bit until I get in better shape? At this point the warm ups are kickin my butt! any advice would b appreciated. I really enjoy it i'm just having trouble making by body get all the way through it. thanks!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend please do! have a great night everybody :)

Hi Erin --
    I'm starting TF on Sunday but I've done other intense workouts so I may offer some tips.

a) are you eating before you workout? sometimes that helps boost energy levels. (don't have a big meal but eat something about an hour or so before you workout)

b) honestly, don't be afraid to press the pause button. the more you keep doing the workouts, the stronger you'll get. the key is to get through them. plus, you are only on Day 2 -- i promise it'll get better as you get stronger. the key is to do the whole workout....so what if it takes you an hour to do the workout instead of 40 minutes...the key is that you completed it! Push yourself but know your limits too!

don't feel discouraged. at the end of the day, there's a learning curve when it comes to learning new exercises. take your time to learn the moves and you'll start to get the hang of it. (it does take a few tries!)

hope that helps.
    -danielle

ps. i added you :)
  • daniedee81
    Options
    I am starting TF/CLX hybrid on Monday (May 2nd). Would love to be part of this group and have buddies:) I love Chalene and Turbo Jam and I know I am going to love love these new programs.

Yay! welcome aboard myroots! so great to know we're all in this together!
  • staclo
    Options

First, just stick with it and do your best. As you get in better shape, you will be able to do more. If you need to take short breaks, I would say to go for it. Just make sure that they aren't too long so that you don't allow your heart rate to slow down too much.

I haven't exercised in a while and I struggled through day 2 today too. I just pushed myself as hard as I could and then didn't worry about the rest. Good job... keep it up!!
  • staclo
    Options
    Tomorrow is rest day, but I don't want to rest. What to do???
  • daniedee81
    Options
    Tomorrow is rest day, but I don't want to rest. What to do???

hahaha i just posted about this to ladybug. we are addicted!!!! On rest days, I get so antsy to workout. In the past, I planned my "off" days on the weekend and i'd do something else to warrant a workout, like go dancing with the girls or mow the lawn, or take the dog for a longer walk etc etc. anyway, whatever you do --- make sure you put the rest in rest day! :P
  • daniedee81
    Options
    I've lost about 4 pounds. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow for my final result. I have been following a plan from my nutritionist rather than the inferno's diet plan but it was around 1200 with empahsis on protein. and limiting simple carbs.

hi heppin!!!! congrats on getting through the inferno plan....you are a rock star! post your final results!!!!!! i'm excited to hear about it!