Turbo Fire - i need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    HIIT 25 today and burned 291 calories. I have a head cold and I wanted to die by the time I was done but still had a smile on my face. I only did a 6 on a scale of 10 so I can't wait to do this one again when I am feeling better.
    I did not try the Inferno Plan before starting the program so I can't comment on that.
    so far I have lost 5 lbs in the 3 weeks that I have been doing TurboFire. I have not been very consistent though due to being sick and life just getting in the way. I think I have missed at least 1 workout a week but I am going to change that this week.

Way to go girl! you are trooper - when i'm sick, i'm a whiny, complainy brat who just wants to curl up in bed so kudos to you! Hope you feel better!!!!
  • daniedee81
    Options
    Hi Dani, I am in week two of Turbo Fire. LOVE IT! I bypassed Shakeology and got Pure Nutrition from Purebody Nutrition and I love it too. I even crave the protein shakes...yay me. I have 90 pounds to lose and I am motivated to eat right, exercise and whoop whoop some booty. You can add me if you like and we can keep a check on each other.

See ya,
    Tiff

Hey Tiff - you've got the right, positive attitude - I love that! Thanks for the tip on those shakes - I will look into that as I'm looking for Shakeology alternatives. keep it up :)
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I usually have my rest day on sunday but if i'm bored i will do some insanity or taebo , so since tomorrow is supposedly a rest day i will be doing the class that is schedule for thrusday, which is fire 30 and upper 20 , hope everyone is doing well:smile:
  • daniedee81
    Options
    hey guys,

I found this great post about the way MFP works and how exercising affects how many calories you eat. i found it really interesting so I thought I'd share:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/225765-how-mfp-works

Nutrition is a BIG struggle for me because I have a fairly active and social lifestyle and so I'm really trying to educate myself to make the most out of the TF program.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    wed rest day, man I miss my TF!!!
  • Loribell23
    Options
    I just started week 5 of TF! Add me if you want. :smile: :smile: I love everything about it! The music pumps me up!
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well it was supposed to be my rest day but I am making up for Sunday since I didn't workout. I'm doing Core 20 and Stretch 40 tonight. Yesterday I did the Fire 30 class with the Sculpt 30. Even though Sculpt/Tone is my least favorite classes, I can start to see my muscles build up.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i am on week 10 and i have lost about 7 lbs and 4 inches dropped went from a 12 to 10 some 8so fit but i wan't looking for a quick fix so i am happy with my results. i am 5-3 and now i weigh 146. i really just want to get down to about 135-140. like everyone else if my eating habits were better i would be losing more but i don't like depriving myself. i feel like if you deprive your self then you just binge on everything in site. but i am going to start over on may 1 and do the schedule exactly as planned. althoug i don't work out 6 days a week just 5 days. but i think i am on the right track. and so far i have kept the weight off. but good luck.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Completed turbo fire 30 and upper 20,burned 385 cals, hope u guys are having a great afternoon
  • jocelynrinear
    Options
    I am on week four and love it. It has improved my running time and when I do Zumba I am not winded anymore. I love it! My first goal is July. Good Luck and you can do it. I added you as a friend. Keep me posted. I want to see how you like it. We can all motiviate each other.
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Well today is a rest day but I am hoping to get my 3 mile walk in before the storms start this evening.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Today was my rest day,but I can't seem to make myself have a rest day.I did Core 20 and felt like I should have done more.so tomorrow is Fire 30,but I am going to do Fire 60 and see how many calories I burn.
  • CrankyButt
    Options
    hi everyone!!!!

hope you all had a fantastic day! A big warm welcome to all you fabulous ladies joining us on this TF journey! (I'm talking to you --- CrankyButt, kikix5, caligirl86, ellemay87, heppin1, firmjeannie, jackiekjames, eajones1983, chelsealovesyou, tiffmint, jessicapages, blondie76)

for those of you that have already started TF, it's so nice to hear your results so far. So Week 1 begins this sunday for me. I plan on doing the Inferno plan in week 2. I'm hesitant to spend the money on Shakeology - can anyone rec any other comparable brands? Does anyone use the recovery formula?

Great work everyone - keep it up! We can do this!!!!

in complete randomness, i am completely fan-girling/gleeking out at the warbler's version of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know." Any Glee fans out there? that.was.awesome.

I love Glee! Haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I checked out the song and it's definitely awesome. Since I'm doing the HIIT 20 workout today I should have enough time to watch after. =)
  • jackiekjames
    Options
    My plan is to start on Monday (Turba Jam though)...i'm so excited!!

I am also very interesed in the shakeology drinks...does anyone have anything to say about them...i looked into them and read great things about them, but the price turned me off a little bit...
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Anyone mind if a man chimes in? I am on a couple of other TF threads. There's not many other men on boards talking about TF. I have completed the 9 weeks prep program and the first 12 weeks of the TF program. In 12 weeks I lost 25 lbs and I plan on going through week 20.

I completed HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm Cee and will be beginning a TF/CLX hybrid on May 16. I know TF has a 20-week hybrid calendar but I found a 90-day hybrid that I may try first. Twenty weeks is just such a long time! :laugh: Plus, I'm going on a cruise in July so the faster I can move, the better! I'm currently doing Insanity, which is why I won't start the hybrid until the 16th. I'd love to join in if you guys will have me!
  • blondie76
    Options
    Anyone mind if a man chimes in? I am on a couple of other TF threads. There's not many other men on boards talking about TF. I have completed the 9 weeks prep program and the first 12 weeks of the TF program. In 12 weeks I lost 25 lbs and I plan on going through week 20.

I completed HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30.

Welcome and good job!!!
  • blondie76
    Options
    HIIT 15 Stretch 10 done, this one always kicks my butt for some reason!
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Great Job Blondie, today i completed Fire 55 EZ and Abs 10, burned 514 cals,:bigsmile: , tomorrow is fire 60 hope u guys are having a wonderful day :flowerforyou:
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Today I did Fire 60,I burned 842 calories.all I have to say is WOW I am still tired,and I did it this morning!it was a GREAT workout!!!