Turbo Fire - i need some buddies!

Options

Replies

• blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    does anyone have someone n the class that they watch? There is a woman who has really long dark brown/black straight hair that is always loose that is so energetic that is a little strange looking.

Do u mean the girl with the yellow shorts?

I think so, she's in a different outfit and in a different location depending on the workout. In the HIIT workouts she's in the front row on the left side of the screen and I think she's in a yellow and black outfit in those workouts.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    How can you tell how many calories you are burning?

Hey - on the advice of some of these fab ladies, I bought a heart rate monitor. I was expecting to calculate the calories but this one does it for me! That's the only way I know - in all the TF material, it says on average that each workout is roughly 650 calories but that number ranges from person to person.

I generally burn about 10 calories a minute - if it's a 20 minute HIIT workout, I burn about 200 calories. Yesterday I did fire 45 and burned about 500 calories. Of course, this is just for me and based on how hard I am working, but the only way I would know this is with my HRM!
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    How can you tell how many calories you are burning?

I strongly suggest getting a HRM.I got mine at Sports Authority and it was $100.but they have cheaper ones at wal-mart and Target.Get one that has a chest strap(they are more accurate) you can't even tell you are wearing it.Before I had mine I was guest-estimating how many calories I was burning using MFP,after I got it I was so AMAZED at how much more I was really burning.They are WELL worth the money!
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    does anyone have someone n the class that they watch? There is a woman who has really long dark brown/black straight hair that is always loose that is so energetic that is a little strange looking.

Do u mean the girl with the yellow shorts?

I think so, she's in a different outfit and in a different location depending on the workout. In the HIIT workouts she's in the front row on the left side of the screen and I think she's in a yellow and black outfit in those workouts.

I think her name is Magala. If you watch after the credits they introduce all the cast members. She certainly has energy. Right now I could use it.
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options

Oh yeah. I'm really sorry, but she annoys me! She is just TOOOOO into it! I love Turbo, but this chick looks like she is on speed or something. I guess she just makes me feel bad about myself and low energy days! Ha ha! And even on a good day I could never keep up with her. I put my blinders on when she is in class. : D
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    just finished today's workout!
    Fire 52EZ - 560 calories
    CLX Burn 3 - 230 calories

start the push phase of CLX tomorrow!
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Options
    just finished today's workout!
    Fire 52EZ - 560 calories
    CLX Burn 3 - 230 calories

start the push phase of CLX tomorrow!

DAAAANNGGGG Girl! Great workout!!!!
    Woot woot!
  • curlygirlyful
    Options
    Did Day 1 Fire 30 yesterday. I did it once last week and have gotten a ltitle better with the moves. I'm probably going to do the new to class section for a little while.
    Today is the HIIT 15 workout. I'm getting my "friend" right now and don't really want to do. BUT it's only 15 minutes. Good luck everyone and have fun!!
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Today is ab burner and recharge (CLX), but I am going to add in a HIIT workout, too. Should I start with the shortest one and work up?
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Today I have to do Fire 45 EZ class today. I was a little rusty with the moves yesterday because I haven't did it in awhile but I was able to keep up. I know for me that Fire 45 EZ class seems harder to me than the regular Fire 45 and the Fire 55 EZ class. Have a good day ladies!
  • CrankyButt
    CrankyButt Posts: 14
    Options
    Today I have to do Fire 45 EZ class today. I was a little rusty with the moves yesterday because I haven't did it in awhile but I was able to keep up. I know for me that Fire 45 EZ class seems harder to me than the regular Fire 45 and the Fire 55 EZ class. Have a good day ladies!

Wow - I was just gonna post this same thing. Yesterday was a very long day at work and I was super tired, and did the 45 EZ class when I should have done the Fire 45 class. It was my first time doing the 45 EZ class and it seemed a lot tougher than the 45 Fire class. I figured maybe I was just feeling sluggish, but now I see I'm not the only one.

Did the Burn Circuit 1 this morning and have Fire 45 tonight. Hope you all have a good time getting your fire on today!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Wow - I was just gonna post this same thing. Yesterday was a very long day at work and I was super tired, and did the 45 EZ class when I should have done the Fire 45 class. It was my first time doing the 45 EZ class and it seemed a lot tougher than the 45 Fire class. I figured maybe I was just feeling sluggish, but now I see I'm not the only one.

Did the Burn Circuit 1 this morning and have Fire 45 tonight. Hope you all have a good time getting your fire on today!

Same thing here, 55 and 45 are much easier then 45EZ , my feet were burning me , i had it yesterday and today, burned 515 cals today, keep rocking it ladies and gents, hope you guys are having a great tuesday :flowerforyou:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Today I was suppost to do HIIT 20 but I had so much to do. All I have done is go for a walk.I burned 387 calories.If I have the energy I will get it done tody,if not I will do it tomorrow.Hope everyone has a great day!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I just signed up on this site yesterday and began TF yesterday. I had a stroke 7 yrs ago and the meds put weight on me. I'm finally now to where I have to push and do this, even if I don't have the energy. The stroke zapped it from me and I've never gotten it back.
    I was only able to do the first 10 minutes of the Fire 30 Class.. probably will be the same today... but that's ok, I've started and it will just take me time to build up my stamina.
    Add Me, you're encouragement will be appreciated and needed.....

Welcome! Good job for starting TF! I started it a week ago, and I love it so far. Don't worry about only doing part of the workout; just do your best and don't worry about it. Like you said, you'll get better the more you do it. :)
    :drinker:
  • staclo
    Options
    stacio - i think that's that's perfectly ok -- sometime life gets in the way and we just have to tweak the schedule a bit. you are still on track girl! keep at it!:happy:

Thanks! I knew I wouldn't have been able to function if I tried to fit it in yesterday, and I'm glad I didn't. I was exhausted when I got home from work; I could barely function.
  • staclo
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I did HIIT 20 and Stretch 10 today. It was a great workout, but I feel like I didn't push myself as hard as I should have just because I was trying to figure out the moves and keep up. I still worked hard though. What's funny is my entire core still hurts from doing Core 20 on Sunday.

Also, I am thinking of zig zagging my calorie intake to keep my body guessing. Has anyone been successful at avoiding plateaus this way? I had too many calories yesterday, so I'm making up some of the difference today and adding a hundred to tomorrow's calorie intake. I'm interested in seeing if this works.

Have a good evening!

- Stacey
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I did HIIT 20 and Stretch 10 today. It was a great workout, but I feel like I didn't push myself as hard as I should have just because I was trying to figure out the moves and keep up. I still worked hard though. What's funny is my entire core still hurts from doing Core 20 on Sunday.

Also, I am thinking of zig zagging my calorie intake to keep my body guessing. Has anyone been successful at avoiding plateaus this way? I had too many calories yesterday, so I'm making up some of the difference today and adding a hundred to tomorrow's calorie intake. I'm interested in seeing if this works.

Have a good evening!

- Stacey

I've heard about zig-zagging your calories and it sounds pretty good in theory. Might try it when I hit a plateau. Would love to hear how it works for you and if it's easier/harder to follow. About to go do Day 2 of Week 1, HIIT 15! First HIIT workout ever - ack!
  • staclo
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Have a good evening!

- Stacey

I've heard about zig-zagging your calories and it sounds pretty good in theory. Might try it when I hit a plateau. Would love to hear how it works for you and if it's easier/harder to follow. About to go do Day 2 of Week 1, HIIT 15! First HIIT workout ever - ack!

I'll report back w/ my results. As of the past week or so, I was trying to eat between 1200-1500 calories a day. I should probably be trying to stay closer to 1500 b/c of the workouts. Since I ate too much yesterday, I decided that I would officially try it to see if it works. :tongue: One of my friends lost about 80 pounds in a year doing something similar. We'll see how the scale looks!

Good work w/ HIIT 15. That one kicked my butt, even though it's so short.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2: HIIT 15 & Stretch 10 - Done!
    Omg... I want to die. That was brutal. Tried to keep up but still learning and struggling to not lose a lung. I cannot even fathom a
    HIIT 30. *whimper*
  • staclo
    Options
    Week 1, Day 2: HIIT 15 & Stretch 10 - Done!
    Omg... I want to die. That was brutal. Tried to keep up but still learning and struggling to not lose a lung. I cannot even fathom a
    HIIT 30. *whimper*

Good job! You'll get there in no time. Keep up the good work!:happy: