Who wants to start 30 day shred with me tomorrow?!?

Options

Replies

• NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    Death by Jillian has just claimed another victim *dies*
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to, but I completed Death by Jillian...what is that bright light and should I go towards it?
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    I'm starting level 3 on Monday..... I'm scared. :noway:
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ok seriously - you two just gave back-to-back opportunities to quote Poltergeist!!
    Picture that squat psychic woman and her adorable Southern accent saying:
    "Go to the light Carolann!" (or if you prefer "Go to the light, Charice!")
    and
    "Don't be scared Carolann!" (or if you prefer "Don't be scared, Nikki!")

Happy Friday ladies! Nice work on rocking the DxJ!!
  • Charice
    Options
    ok seriously - you two just gave back-to-back opportunities to quote Poltergeist!!
    Picture that squat psychic woman and her adorable Southern accent saying:
    "Go to the light Carolann!" (or if you prefer "Go to the light, Charice!")
    and
    "Don't be scared Carolann!" (or if you prefer "Don't be scared, Nikki!")

Happy Friday ladies! Nice work on rocking the DxJ!!

Eerie....but totally awesome!! Nice pick up Sweets.
  • Guarina
    Guarina Posts: 4
    Options
    im in!!!! getting it from itunes right now if available
  • Charice
    Options
    DxJ level 2 day 5 complete!!! My shoulders really felt it today, more than other days. Not sure why it would affect me so much after 5 days of level 2. Maybe I am doing better and working them harder? Anyway, I am glad to have it over with for today. I think I am going to measure tomorrow and see where I am at half way through. I hope there are some good numbers to post. I would do it now, but I have heard you shouldn't measure right after a workout. I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!
  • Charice
    Options
    Starting Stats:
    Weight: 204
    Chest: 44
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 46
    Thighs: 27
    Arms: 12

Half Way Stats:
    Weight: 201 (-3)
    Chest: 44 (no change)
    Waist: 35.5 (-2.5!)
    Hips: 44.5 (-1.5)
    Thighs: 26 (-1)
    Arms: 11.75 (-.25)

Not bad for 2 weeks! Kind of helps keep me motivated to finish!!!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Starting Stats:
    Weight: 204
    Chest: 44
    Waist: 38
    Hips: 46
    Thighs: 27
    Arms: 12

Half Way Stats:
    Weight: 201 (-3)
    Chest: 44 (no change)
    Waist: 35.5 (-2.5!)
    Hips: 44.5 (-1.5)
    Thighs: 26 (-1)
    Arms: 11.75 (-.25)

Not bad for 2 weeks! Kind of helps keep me motivated to finish!!!

Wow that's amazing!!! Great job Charice!! I took some quick measurements but I didn't see any change. Although, when I look at my body I can see it transforming. Guess the spots I don't measure are ones that are changing lol. I am thinking of getting her 6 week ab workout to pair with my 30ds. That 1 min of abs just doesn't do anything for me. Also, from what I read, the ab dvd has more cardio so that would help too. This week I will be getting my heart rate monitor and my food scale. I just can't wait til they get here! Never thought I would get this excited over a scale and heart rate monitor :laugh:

Hope everyone is well!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    awesome Charice! I havent measured since we started. Maybe I will tomorrow when I weigh. Ive had an "off" couple of days with wedding stuff. This is the last weekend of extras for the rest of the shred time so I can rock it out the last bit. Woo!
  • Charice
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was pleased. It is even making me excited to move on to level 3 (after 5 more days of level 2 of course!)

Nikki, my HRM should be here this week as well and I am sooooo excited!! I totally understand the bizarreness of being pumped about an heart rate monitor...so different from where I was even 6 months ago. My kids think I have totally lost it, lol.

Julie...if you haven't been rocking it then I don't know who is. You are doing awesome, keep it up!

More power to you all with DxJ!
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ladies you have made me laugh tonight.

Just finished level 2 of Death by Jillian and starting Level 3 tomorrow. I didn't think I could do it but only missed one day of level 1 and did level 2 twice last Monday as I didn't do it last Sunday as a hangover and DxJ does not work well.

Managed to make myself exercise at 10pm tonight as didn't get a chance earlier on today so am very proud of myself for doing it and not just vedging.

Nikki you must be very exited about your wedding, you will look fab.

am definitely toning up here, not as many love handles for my darling husband to grab. Am starting to love my body a little bit more each day.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Alright, weigh and measure today. Heres where I am....

Start........Current........Loss
    weight 260..........256.4...........-3.6
    Bust 45.5...........45.5............. -0
    waist 43..............42................ -1
    hips 50..............49................ -1
    thigh 30.............29.5............ -0.5
    arm 18................17............... -1

Im happy to see some losses! I cant help but thinking how much better it wouldve been if I had followed my plan completely the last few weeks. I took most of the weekends "off". But Im good here on out and ready to see some bigger numbers at the end!
  • Charice
    Options
    Julie, I think that's great! You are really doing well and it is paying off. It will be exciting to see what happens over the next few weeks. Keep it up!!
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    You're doing great Julie. I wanted to weigh myself this morning but I didn't do quite so well this weekend so I know I'm retaining water weight. I think I am going to not going to weigh and measure myself until I finish this month of death by Jillian. I'm going to attempt level 3 in about an hour. I'll let you know how I do if I live :laugh:
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    Holy s*** level 3.... How am I alive? That was intense. If I can ever do that level with out any kind of modification I will know I have finally reached my fitness goals. Traveling pushups?? What is this new kind of hell?? All that hard on your knees jumping in one of the cardio circuits? Ouch! I think I am going to go die now :laugh:
  • Charice
    Options
    Holy s*** level 3.... How am I alive? That was intense. If I can ever do that level with out any kind of modification I will know I have finally reached my fitness goals. Traveling pushups?? What is this new kind of hell?? All that hard on your knees jumping in one of the cardio circuits? Ouch! I think I am going to go die now :laugh:

Sounds like death has a new standard! It makes me nervous/excited to start next week to read your post. I am going to finish my 10 days of level 2 this week, so we will see. You are doing so awesome though!! You will see some great results, I can feel it coming.
  • NikkiTaber
    Options
    It is definitely hard but you will get results. When u finish it alive you feel fantastic lol.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Charice and Julie - AWESOME numbers! In just a couple of weeks??? With real life happening all around us?? Fantastic!!!
    Nikki - way to power through Level 3!!
    Shimmer - way to get the workout in when most folks would have called it a day! That's dedication.

I still haven't picked it back up - but have been good about getting 40min - 60min of cardio 5x week and am feeling results from all the stairs I've been climbing. Knees are on the mend so I'm sticking w what's working.
    Checking in w you all still feels good even though I've veered onto a different path.

My idea is that we can keep cheering each other on even after the 30 days, so I'm hangin on to this thread:)
  • Charice
    Options
    Sweets, I totally agree about this thread! I think there is a core group here that will continue long after DxJ has run it's course for each of us. I have so appreciated all of you and the support. I feel a bit of a kinship here that hasn't hit me with any other group...I know, it's too late in the day for mush!

Carry on!