This week's NSV? Post it here!

Options
spammyanna
spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
I thought I'd start off this week focusing on something positive, instead of having a case of the Mondays. So I measured myself this morning, and I had lost 5 inches off my waist! 5 inches in a month, without a lot of exercise. I was very excited about it.

What's your NSV for this week? Or what are you focusing on to stay positive?

Thanks for sharing!

Replies

• tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ran week 3 day 1 of c25k today... where it ups your running interval..and I was dreading the new run time..... turns out it was easy! And my run was over before I was ready for it to be!
  • Victorian131
    Options
    I got back into my size 12s without having to do that weird 'stretch the trousers so they dont give you a muffin top' dance. It reallly made me smile :)
  • lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options
    Not a week yet, but tomorrow is Day 5 of no cigarettes... I'll let you know if I make it to a full week...
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Today I took a pair of my old (too big!!) jeans, and turned them into a pair of cut-off shorts. I haven't worn jeans since high school (about 7 years ago), and I realized that I'm starting to like the way my legs are looking!

Lots of squats = very nice leg muscles, lol.

Thanks for starting this thread, great way to keep Monday looking positive!
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? I get what it means...just not sure what it stood for.

I went in a notch on my belt!!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yesterday we took family pics, posted them on facebook and had many comments from back home saying how good i was looking :) Made my monday start off good!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I completed a 5k in 32 minutes yesterday...previous time was 38! also, the Easter dress that I bought a month ago in a size 10 slide on without undoing the zipper and ended up being too big on top (halter style) so I had to wear a tank underneath with a white jacket on top to stay 'appropriate' LOL Definitely a great moment and I wished I had tried it on before Sunday morning so I could have returned it and been proudly wearing a size 8 instead. LOL

5 inches!!! That's amazing! You should be so proud of yourself! Keep on rocking it out and you will reach your goals in no time at all.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Not a week yet, but tomorrow is Day 5 of no cigarettes... I'll let you know if I make it to a full week...

my husband is on month 8, week 3...SO PROUD OF HIM!!

You can do it!!
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? I get what it means...just not sure what it stood for.

I went in a notch on my belt!!

NSV - Non Scale Victory
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've just signed up for my first half marathon!!! :laugh:
  • Catzeyez
    Catzeyez Posts: 35
    Options
    Spammy~ That's awesome, love it when inches just melt away, think its better than seeing the scale move :)

Tanna~ Grats on your improvment! things will get easier I bet from here on out.

Victoria~ So happy for you! can't wait til I'm at your size! lol

Lidado~ You will make it, just take one day at a time. I know how hard that is, smoked for over 12 years and have been smokeless
    for the last 3 years and a couple of months. It's still hard nowadays too, get cravings once in awhile but knowing how bad it is and the smiling faces of my kids helps me say no :)

My NSV for this week so far were size 18 pants from Old Navy that I bought in October. I couldn't wear them without my belly buldging over the top and when I sat down it felt like I couldn't breath. Now they are loose on me. It made my day, and today making it through the whole Turbo Jam workout vid for the first time in year, woot :)
  • LARPkitten
    LARPkitten Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today I took a pair of my old (too big!!) jeans, and turned them into a pair of cut-off shorts. I haven't worn jeans since high school (about 7 years ago), and I realized that I'm starting to like the way my legs are looking!

Lots of squats = very nice leg muscles, lol.

Thanks for starting this thread, great way to keep Monday looking positive!

<envy> It's been too long since I liked the way my legs looked... </envy> Congratulations on hitting that mark!

Me, I'm focusing on my leather belt. I'm at the 4th hole, with only one hole left, and my goal is to get to the point that I need a new belt.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Something my 5 year old son said to me a couple weeks ago and its the best NSV ever!!!!

I asked him if he wanted mommy to have another baby.
    his response:
    "but mommy you cant have any more babies"
    me: "why not?"
    him: "because your tummy is too little"
    :happy: I love that kid!!!
    best compliment anyone could ever give me!
  • Okmoose
    Okmoose Posts: 10
    Options
    I bought a bicycle and rode 2 times last week in addition to my gym workouts. 6 miles one ride and 7 the other.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I jogged 1.13 miles yesterday for the 1st time without stopping. Normally I do a jog/brisk walk but yesterday I decided to just keep jogging. I didn't know I had build up my endurance like that. If it wasn't 90 degrees..if I didn't have on all black and if I had some water I could've gone longer. I know it!

I actually jogged/brisk walked a additional 2 miles and I burned 975 calories. I was shocked and amazed at myself.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    As a reward for doing 30 minutes of strength training, I did a 20 minute Wii-Fit free run at a personal best of 4.0 miles!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I got back into my size 12s without having to do that weird 'stretch the trousers so they dont give you a muffin top' dance. It reallly made me smile :)

LOL - fun times!!!

I finally got up the nerve to post some before pictures on my profile. I have been so scared to look at where I was because I didn't think I would really see the changes, but those times are gone. I'm really a new me and I can move on.
  • christinesimone
    christinesimone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That my 2-year olds chocolate mini-bunny has survived yet another day on the kitchen counter (where he has been forgotten by my daughter!)...............oh, and its been a week without binge eating after the kids are I bed!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a beautiful diamond bracelet 2 years ago for christmas and for the first time on Sunday not only could i put it on without it pinching the hell out of my wrist and feeling like it was gonna pop right off I could actually move my wrist quiet comfortably and there was a bit of room in it which made it very comfortable to wear. I was so happy
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    It's a food NSV. I'm a peep freak during Easter and I had a box/row of them (5) and I ate one on Sunday and 1 today and gave the other 3 away which is HUGE for me lmfao.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!