This week's NSV? Post it here!

Options

Replies

• hottiewannabe
    hottiewannabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    NSV is a nonscale victory, something besides weight loss that makes you feel good about how you're doing.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are amazing :heart: I really enjoyed reading all your comments - congratulations everyone! :drinker: I especially laughed reading the one about mommy's tummy too small to have another baby! :laugh: Wayyy too cute! My nsv is that I had to buy a newsmaller swimsuit for my water aerobics class because... oops! :blushing: Yay!!!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I jogged 1.13 miles yesterday for the 1st time without stopping. Normally I do a jog/brisk walk but yesterday I decided to just keep jogging. I didn't know I had build up my endurance like that. If it wasn't 90 degrees..if I didn't have on all black and if I had some water I could've gone longer. I know it!

I actually jogged/brisk walked a additional 2 miles and I burned 975 calories. I was shocked and amazed at myself.

I jogged for a mile myself without stopping yesterday! Usually I do a combo fast walk/slow jog for an hour 5 days a week, but I went to a new spot where a mile was marked out and I jogged the whole mile straight. It feels great doesn't it?
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    Something my 5 year old son said to me a couple weeks ago and its the best NSV ever!!!!

I asked him if he wanted mommy to have another baby.
    his response:
    "but mommy you cant have any more babies"
    me: "why not?"
    him: "because your tummy is too little"
    :happy: I love that kid!!!
    best compliment anyone could ever give me!

Adorable! My boyfriend's 5 year-old son told me I was fat a couple of weeks ago :(

My NSV was not over eating on Easter. I took a little bit of everything I wanted, and didn't go for seconds. I even ate carrots with lunch yesterday. (ewwww)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    We went diving over Easter weekend and I've always had a hard time getting back on the boat with the tank on my back. This time, whether it was because of the type of dive boat or (I like to think this!) because I'm so much stronger from my workouts it was a piece of cake to not only climb the ladder with my gear on, but to walk back to my spot without help!
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Two things:

1. Didn't realize a gain (I know, I know, NSV...) despite being put on restriction because of surgery.

2. Made it through Easter weekend without binging on my Mom's delicious home cooking!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    NSV for the week. I jogged 3 miles through my neighborhood (very hilly) while pushing a jogging stroller in 34 minutes. THe last time I did the same route in mid march It took me almost 38 minutes and that was without the jogging stroller.
  • orierie113
    Options
    My family came to visit for Easter not only was I told that I looked like I have lost alot of weight and that they were impressed, but 2 of them have now signed on to MFP.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for? I get what it means...just not sure what it stood for.

I went in a notch on my belt!!

Non Scale Victory
  • elvie64
    elvie64 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Been longer than a week in coming but . . . I have a lap for the dog or the grandson to sit in. Not room for both together, but it's a delightful victory for me.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I tried on a wedding dress this weekend and was a size 16! This was a big deal for me because I kept hearing how wedding dresses are sized very small.
    Not only did the dress fit but I fell in love and had to buy it, I atually like the way I look in it without saying oh this will look good if I lose 30 more pounds. Not that I plan on stopping now but it's nice to know I love how I look in my wedding dress regardless!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I moved down a notch on my belt today for the first time in a while. :smile: I've been waiting for this day for quite some time, so I'm very happy!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Today's NSV:

I walked up the hills in Seattle without getting winded or tired. For anyone who has visited downtown, you should know what I mean!
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add... in my profile there is a goal for me to get into those jeans my boyfriend bought me when we were first together.... I just tried them on, and zipped them up... with only a SMALL muffin top...another 5-10 lbs and I will be back into those jeans....and onto my way to needing even smaller ones :)
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Saw a friend for the first time in a good few weeks and she told me almost straight away that i looked like id lost weight! :) 14lbs down..but that was the first time someone outside the family noticed! Made my day :flowerforyou:
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire pizza in one sitting followed by about 10 cookies...and still lost an inch on my waist.

To be fair....

I've been very very good, eating super healthy, lots of veggies and fresh foods and walking 5 miles a day coupled with 30 day shred.

I just had an emotional binge this weekend but it was nice to see it didn't slow me down :D
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Not a week yet, but tomorrow is Day 5 of no cigarettes... I'll let you know if I make it to a full week...

That's huge! Keep up the good work.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just threw away four pairs of pants that were totally saggy in the butt. Wearing pants today I haven't worn since 2003.

Also have a scale non-victory today (SNV--no typo) but will not dwell on the negative . . . . I wil not dwell on the negative . . . will not dwell . . . .
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've passed my goal of running 60 miles this month. :happy:

And I bought a really cute dress for my niece's bridal shower in a Junior's 7. Almost fit into a 5... it fit my hips and waist, but was too tight in the boobs, which is a victory in itself because I've always been bottom heavy.

I don't care if Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear say I'm too old to shop in Juniors. If the dress fits and looks good, that's all I care about. The dresses in Misses were too matronly. You can't be the funky tattooed aunt in a matronly dress!
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My birthday is coming up in July and one of the festivities is a game of "formal kickball." As you may suspect it is kickball in formal wear. My goal was to fit into my Junior prom dress for this event. My mom made my prom dress so it was tailored to my 17 year old body. Last night for sh#ts and giggles I tried it on. Yes I am not quite fitting into it comfortably but I was able to squeeze into and zip it up! I have no doubts it will be fitting me in July. I can't wait to be 30 and the same size I was in high school.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!