This week's NSV? Post it here!

Options

Replies

• curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have an NSV that I never saw coming. One of my big issues is that I have zero will power. My daughter and her friend begged us parents to go out to dinner after school, and they chose CiCis pizza. I love pizza more than anything, but somehow I managed to eat nothing at the restaurant. I even talked the cashier into letting me sit down without paying. When I got home, I made a yummy chicken salad. Maybe there's some will power deep down inside after all.
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was told today by a person that doesn't see me very often that I had lost alot of weight. This was the first time anyone had said something about me losing weight. It made my day.
  • drjennelle
    drjennelle Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    congrats to ALL of you for your awesome NSVs! i love NSVs more than the SVs sometimes :)

my NSV this week is a BIG one for me - but it's all mental. for the last month or so (maybe even longer) i've done a really poor job of listening to my body. instead of eating when i was hungry (and stopping when i wasn't) i was falling back into old habits of eating what tasted good in whatever portion i felt like. this week i finally got my head back on straight :) i have listened very closely to my body and felt the best i have felt in probably... 6 months! :) i stayed in my cals, ate when i was hungry, didn't snack just because i was bored, and got all of my workouts in that i planned to! i really pushed myself both physically and mentally this week! tomorrow is my weigh-in day and for the first time in a long time i am not dreading it - im actually looking forward to it! yay!!!

feeling victorious rocks ;)
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    I've made it to day 18 of my 21 day holistic detox and I'm still motivated and I made it through the cravings and the down times without cheating and without giving up :)

I also made a booking with a personal trainer and have joined up for a 12 week challange through a local gym .... I have real self conscious issues with going to a gym but I bit the bullet and did it :)

Next NSV will be buying a pair of togs .. :)
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I only lost a pound in April, but I lost 2% body fat! WOOHOO!!!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Mine happened today. I put on a pair of my fat pants (the ones that were too tight on me) and I have saggy butt in them! Another pair of pants gone! I am soooo excited!!!! Great job everybody! It warms my heart to hear these stories. These are the things I need to read on days like yesterday and today (I want to eat everything in sight...almost my TOM).
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I have to get rid of almost all my size six pants...because they are too big!!!
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ran my first 100% 5K Wednesday in 31:31 ran @5.7 for 25 then up to 5.9 for the rest :) I only did 5 mins of my bike and elliptical workout though just in case it was too much, I can cross that goal off my list now :)
  • michelca
    michelca Posts: 41
    Options
    My NSV this week was having to pull up my yoga pants while running. They're getting so loose!
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Not having to use the Liquify brush in photoshop!!!! My body is turning curvy and losing the lumpy.
  • LizGogol
    LizGogol Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size 4 romper and shorts at H & M!!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a belt due to pants falling down
  • lorisowers
    Options
    This weeks NSV: I was able to button my lab jacket all the way down today. I had to order the next size up last year and was still not able to button it all the way up.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I actually bought the first bathing suit I tried on at the first store I went to. This is a first for me.

Above all else? I think I look pretty dang good in it -- which makes me feel really good. I'm actually looking forward to swimming, boating, and going to the beach! :)
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    MY NSV is that today one of my students said that my profile is definately looking slimmer, and they all kept asking me if I had done something different with my make-up. They said I was looking good! ( And I see these people 5 days a week)
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My NSV: I started MFP 1 month ago today! Now it's becoming an enjoyable habit.
  • real_eyes
    real_eyes Posts: 19
    Options
    My NSV: I actually asked a girl on my baseball team (she had a bum knee) if she wanted me to run for her. =)
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome to see all of your NSV's! They are so inspiring!

My NSV today:
    I gave the kids girl scout cookies for dessert, I got myself Greek yogurt. Before I starred this, I would have eaten way more cookies than the serving size and not even think about it. Here's to having will power!
  • cole08018
    cole08018 Posts: 4
    Options
    5 inches in a month!!! AWESOME!!!!! :D
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I baked potatoes instead of frying them when I really wanted too ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!