Intermittent Fasting Support Group?

Options

Replies

• theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey, IF-ers!

Okay, so, I usually fast once a week for 24-36 hours. I'm thinking about incorporating a 16/8 method into my life! :D

I work overnights, so my eating window would be 7pm to 3am. Which is basically what I already do.

My question for you is, does anyone combine both the daily IF, and the weekly fasts? Have you noticed any good results with it? What have you noticed while doing a 16/8 approach? Do you feel that it's better than a weekly 24 hour fast?

Thanks! [:

I pretty much don't want to stop my weekly fasts. But I also sort of incidentally did a 16/8 the past couple days, and I love how much it leave me to eat in those few hours. I dig it.

I'm about to start doing that! We can do it together :D
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options

My question for you is, does anyone combine both the daily IF, and the weekly fasts? Have you noticed any good results with it? What have you noticed while doing a 16/8 approach? Do you feel that it's better than a weekly 24 hour fast?

Thanks! [:

This is what I do except I use 19/5. I find that it helps out with plateaus and when I just want to change my game up a little. I usually don't push 40 hours but I did do 44 hours the other day. I could have easily gone longer but like I said I like to keep it under 40.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    When I considered all my factors I realized that I will be doing 16/8 daily, and then Wednesday morning I will stop eating at 3am (as usually) and then resume eating Thursday when I wake up. (Likely to be around 3pm.) Therefore I have a 36 hour fast, once a week.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Just finished my first 16hr. fast! Now for my 8 hours of eating. Yummm.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I did ESE twice a week for a few weeks. Didn't like it, not suitable for me. Felt like a chore.

I do LG 16/8 everday and it's easy as for me :) The only issue really is weekends if I think I might be going out at night. Waiting the extra few hours before first meal. And people always asking me to go out for breakfast :P Why not go out for lunch??!! :P

Have gained 3.5lbs in 2 weeks using LG method. Just to let you know that it isn't some magic weight loss only method. Cals in and cals out as well as macros count. (I am trying to gain at the moment)
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    Yay! Good for you! I started my 16 hour at 2:30, but I probably won't eat again until 7:30 in the morning, so I guess that'll be a 17 hour :) Keep me posted! I want to know how you're doing this week!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Absolutely! I had a problem with bingeing/losing it the last couple weeks.

But I feel like this is definitely going to help with my self control.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I believe that people who do NOT believe in Fasting don't have an Abrahamic Belief, nor cleansing the Body from time to time.

Really? I'm a Christian, and I don't believe in fasting. That's not to say that it doesn't work for the people that do, I'm sure it does. But to me, it doesn't sound like something I want to try. I would certainly hope you aren't trying to imply that anyone who doesn't believe in fasting is not a true Christian/Jew/Muslim, what-have-you.
  • theresamommyof4
    Options
    I did ESE twice a week for a few weeks. Didn't like it, not suitable for me. Felt like a chore.

I do LG 16/8 everday and it's easy as for me :) The only issue really is weekends if I think I might be going out at night. Waiting the extra few hours before first meal. And people always asking me to go out for breakfast :P Why not go out for lunch??!! :P

Have gained 3.5lbs in 2 weeks using LG method. Just to let you know that it isn't some magic weight loss only method. Cals in and cals out as well as macros count. (I am trying to gain at the moment)

Right, so you still have to stay within your calorie limit, it's just that the the shorter window gives you less chance to over eat, and it gives you the health benefits of the fast.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I don't do any fasting. I would never have the will power for it. But I do live very low carb, so I know what it's like for people to judge and make assumptions about a weight loss lifestyle. Good luck to you all and keep your head up!
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    theresamommyof: that's correct. Laws of thermodynamics still apply to intermittent fasting :smile:
  • hush7hush
    Options
    No wonder IF works, it's hard as hell to get all your calories in in such a short period of time.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    My highest day so far is about 3800 in my eating window :happy:
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I am seriously struggling to eat all my 1200 in this window. It's definitely helping, though, because I was binging like a fiend the past couple weeks. I'm eating like every hour on the hour! Still a little short, I keep forgetting to eat. :D
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Also: how in the world did you manage that many calories? I am so going to stalk your diary now. :D
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Also: how in the world did you manage that many calories? I am so going to stalk your diary now. :D

Last few days should probably be put in textbook for "how to gain weight" :tongue:

Check any of my Mon/Wed/Fri for my regular workout high days :smile:
  • hush7hush
    Options
    You're trying to gain muscle, right?

How much are you trying to gain?
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    On my off days i'd sometimes consum 4000 calories...
  • hush7hush
    Options
    You're a couple of beasts.

Real eating machines.

I feel like such a pansy for having a hard time with 1200.

Speaking of which, it's about time for another feeding. ****.
  • tn92
    tn92 Posts: 12
    Options
    Starting tomorrow! this would be great for when i start school again cause i wont have much time to workout or to plan healthy meals.