No Grain...No Pain!!!

Options

Replies

• heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. I weighed in because I could SEE that my belly fat increased. I am up 4.4 pounds in a week of perfect low carbing :/. My waist measurement is up 2", my hips .5" and the rest 1/4". Only my neck remained unchanged. Not sure what went wrong, but I'm thinking maybe low carb doesn't work for me personally :( Or at the very least, maybe I should be cutting back to around 100g, but not nearly like I have been.

You may be up in weigh but probably from building muscles no from lwo carb, your'" in ketosis since peeping your daily you're doing 20g daily + bodyrock I'm suuuure it's muscle dear!
  • heniko
    Options
    Hmmm. I weighed in because I could SEE that my belly fat increased. I am up 4.4 pounds in a week of perfect low carbing :/. My waist measurement is up 2", my hips .5" and the rest 1/4". Only my neck remained unchanged. Not sure what went wrong, but I'm thinking maybe low carb doesn't work for me personally :( Or at the very least, maybe I should be cutting back to around 100g, but not nearly like I have been.

what has your calories looked like??? i'm a firm believer in calories do matter too. they just aren't everything.

I am with you on that one Kim. I was over my MFP goals by 200-300 per day, but I am incredibly active. I've been wearing a bodybugg, and most days I was at a caloric deficit of about 500-600 cals. Even with substantial wiggle room for error, that still shouldn't have had me gaining! And I measure EVERYTHING with a food scale to the gram.

Wow that takes dedication. I was thinking if this a good thing to do, weighing food ... least until most of this weigh drops off! Some food is easy to eyeball or use measuring cups for ... but meat not easy to estimate for me!

I changed from last week to higher fat, as I was doing high protein moderate fat and low carb, and I am happy with the results! And my weekly stats are are - .8kg so that's 1.7lbs making a total of 15kg or 33lbs weight loss so far, hips are - 2cm so that's - .78in, bust - 0, neck - 0, waist - 3cm so that's 1.181in
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Kim, LW 204, CW 202.4, loss of 1.6 lbs

Okay, so this is how we weigh in, just copy and paste the above and add yours to it!!! be careful about skipping people and if someone accidentally does it at the same time just add them back to it by updating it!! Happy Weigh in day!! Only 7 more weigh in's til our goal!!
  • MissKim
    Options

You may be up in weigh but probably from building muscles no from lwo carb, your'" in ketosis since peeping your daily you're doing 20g daily + bodyrock I'm suuuure it's muscle dear!

yeah, there is no way you are actually gaining fat!! especially since you are watching calories, I could almost believe it if you were eating low carb, but were piling on a ton of calories, but you aren't. So I'm sure it's your body adjusting, have you checked your body fat %?? that's the most important number! My gym has one, so I'm sure yours does to, and I also bought one of those handheld monitors from gnc, that's what i use. I'm no good with the calipers, too much room for error on my part!
  • MissKim
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread. I watched the movie Fathead several weeks ago and it completely changed the way I think about food and diet. I started cutting calories and eating low fat last November and managed to lose almost 15 pounds, but I was miserable and just starving all the time. Now I'm trying to eat about 65% fat, 25% protein, and 10% carbs and it's tough getting that much fat every day! But, I've already lost 6 pounds and I feel so much better.

Name: Meghan
    Kids: 2 girls, 10 and almost 5
    Pets: none, I'm allergic to everything
    Married/SO: happily married
    Eating Lifestyle: high fat/low carb
    Starting weight: 153 when I joined MFP, now 147
    Goal Weight: 135
    Goals for this 8 wks: I would like to lose 5 pounds.

Welcome Meghan, your just in time for our first weigh in. if you know what you were last tuesday, i wouldn't mind putting that as your starting weight. and you could just weigh in today with the rest of us? just let me know :)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Kimberly, LW 133, CW 135, 2 lb gain :(
  • heniko
    Options
    I posted mine already but I'lll repost in this English measurement format according to what MFP says ... thou the math doesn't equal - go figure!

Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Nikole, MFP SW 264.1lb, LW 233.7lbs, CW 231.5lbs = loss of - 1.7lbs
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Stephanie- LW-140, CW-136.5 = -3.5lbs.
  • MissKim
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

No need for spaces, if all 40 of us weigh in, it could get quite long! lol Where is everyone??? get in here and weigh in homies!!!

Kimberly, don't worry about the gain, just try and figure out what caused it, and fix it, that's all you can do! I tried to check out your diary, but it had a key on it, I was gonna see if I could see the problem :) Mine has a key on it to, Message me yours and I'll message you mine if you would like to keep each other accountable :)

Nikole, great job girly! Very good first week!
  • MissKim
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Stephanie- LW-140, CW-136.5 = -3.5lbs
  • MissKim
    Options
    That's awesome Stephanie!!! Very good start!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Amy, still 113, but I am not trying to lose, just eat better and get toned.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    What was for dinner last night? I made some turkey burgers with onion and mushrooms saute and a salad. It was tasty.
    I went shopping and spent $140 on three bags of groceries, though, ouch.
    I made a crustless quiche to have for breakfast everyday, have leftover turkey burgers for lunch. Haven't gotten hungry yet though.
  • MissKim
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Stephanie- LW-140, CW-136.5 = -3.5lbs
    Amy, still 113, but I am not trying to lose, just eat better and get toned.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Fridays normally so that's when I'll submit it to you. However, this week I'm going out of town Thursday night so I'll submit my weight on Thursday. Don't worry, I'm still in this! =)
  • SMJohnson27
    Options
    What was for dinner last night? I made some turkey burgers with onion and mushrooms saute and a salad. It was tasty.
    I made a crustless quiche to have for breakfast everyday, have leftover turkey burgers for lunch. Haven't gotten hungry yet though.

Yummm!! I love Frittatas for breakfast. I could eat them 7 days a week! I made ours with ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, red onion, green, yellow, and red peppers, and broccoli. It was really pretty, lol, tasty and filling! For dinner, I made steak stirfry. Mine was actually just steak strips and steamed veggies-mushrooms, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, red & green peppers (omitted the soy sauce and rice for me). We were in need of a quick meal, did yard work all afternoon and still needed to get to the gym.
  • MissKim
    Options

We had breakfast for dinner last night. We're short on groceries, and you can never go wrong with a lil bacon and eggs :) but I've gotta get to the grocery store today or tomorrow def. we are out of all fresh veggies and fruit. wow, what did put in those three bags of groceries for that much!!!! I've always thought that eating healthy cost more than unhealthy stuff, but since eating more primal like it's def the opposite. yes, meat can get expensive, but when your not buying boxes and packages of junk, the money is going to something that counts. when your just shopping for meat and veggies, your money goes alot furthur. ofcourse i'm not the chef you are!!! i wouldn't have a clue how to make quiche! sounds yummy though
  • MissKim
    Options

Yummm!! I love Frittatas for breakfast. I could eat them 7 days a week! I made ours with ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, red onion, green, yellow, and red peppers, and broccoli. It was really pretty, lol, tasty and filling! For dinner, I made steak stirfry. Mine was actually just steak strips and steamed veggies-mushrooms, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, red & green peppers (omitted the soy sauce and rice for me). We were in need of a quick meal, did yard work all afternoon and still needed to get to the gym.

um, can we can a recipe please?? that's breakfast frittata sounds awesome!
  • SMJohnson27
    Options
    That's awesome Stephanie!!! Very good start!

Thank you! I was surprised, down 3.5 lbs and lost 7 inches over all. I wasn't as strict with eating and exercise over the weekend.
  • MissKim
    Options
    I weigh on Fridays normally so that's when I'll submit it to you. However, this week I'm going out of town Thursday night so I'll submit my weight on Thursday. Don't worry, I'm still in this! =)

That's fine chick! Just whenever is convenient, I can update it for ya anytime