No Grain...No Pain!!!

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    The quiche is not hard and I found the recipe online, I cooked half an onion and mushrooms in a pan with some olive oil and chicken broth, greased a pie plate, blended four eggs together with a cup of milk, added uncured ham to the mushroom and onion, put it in the bottom of the pan and poured the egg mixture on top, baked at 375 for 30 minutes.
    Do most people eat dairy here? I was avoiding cheese but used the milk, and will do some greek yogurt.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What was for dinner last night? I made some turkey burgers with onion and mushrooms saute and a salad. It was tasty.
    I went shopping and spent $140 on three bags of groceries, though, ouch.
    I made a crustless quiche to have for breakfast everyday, have leftover turkey burgers for lunch. Haven't gotten hungry yet though.

Yummm!! I love Frittatas for breakfast. I could eat them 7 days a week! I made ours with ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, red onion, green, yellow, and red peppers, and broccoli. It was really pretty, lol, tasty and filling! For dinner, I made steak stirfry. Mine was actually just steak strips and steamed veggies-mushrooms, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, red & green peppers (omitted the soy sauce and rice for me). We were in need of a quick meal, did yard work all afternoon and still needed to get to the gym.

um, can we can a recipe please?? that's breakfast frittata sounds awesome!

Frittata-
    4 oz. chopped bacon (approx. 3 slices)
    4 oz. diced ham
    1/4 c. chopped red onion
    1/4 c. broccoli
    1/4 c. mushrooms
    1/4 c. pepper- green, red, yellow
    1 Tbsp. Butter or Coconut oil
    1/4 c. Italian blend or cheddar-shredded cheese
    6 large whole eggs
    1/2 tsp. black pepper

Sautee first 6 ingredients for 10 minutes, in 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil. Mix eggs, cheese, and pepper in seperate bowl. Add egg mix to skillet and bake for 10 minutes at 425. After removing from oven, turn over onto serving plate, cut into 8 slices. Serving- 1/4 of the pie (2 slices)

Nutritional info-per serving
    Calories-217
    Protein-17
    Fat-13
    Carbs-5

I usually cut double ingrediants and make 2 at a time. If the skillet can't go in the oven, you can pour everything into a casserole dish and bake.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    WOW, guys! Great job on those losses! I'm not weighing in now, but hopefully when I do I'll see a loss too :)
    And for those who didn't lose this week, don't stress- the road to weightloss isn't paved over, you always hit a few potholes :):)
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    The quiche is not hard and I found the recipe online, I cooked half an onion and mushrooms in a pan with some olive oil and chicken broth, greased a pie plate, blended four eggs together with a cup of milk, added uncured ham to the mushroom and onion, put it in the bottom of the pan and poured the egg mixture on top, baked at 375 for 30 minutes.
    Do most people eat dairy here? I was avoiding cheese but used the milk, and will do some greek yogurt.

that does sound easy, only i'd have to do without the mushroom, i can't stand mushrooms, but maybe use bell peppers instead?? hmmm....sounds like an experiment waiting to happen! thanks
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Kim, LW 204, CW 202.4, loss of 1.6 lbs
    Kimberly, LW 133, CW 135, 2 lb gain :(
    Nikole, MFP SW 264.1lb, LW 233.7lbs, CW 231.5lbs = loss of - 1.7lbs
    Stephanie- LW-140, CW-136.5 = -3.5lbs
    Amy, still 113, but I am not trying to lose, just eat better and get toned.
    Susan, LW 171, CW 170.4, loss of .6

Not bad, but I know why. Too much wine over the past weekend. Oh well. Onward!
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Aurelina, Saturday (when I joined) 169.8, CW 169.8 no gain!
  • MissKim
    Options
    What was for dinner last night? I made some turkey burgers with onion and mushrooms saute and a salad. It was tasty.
    I went shopping and spent $140 on three bags of groceries, though, ouch.
    I made a crustless quiche to have for breakfast everyday, have leftover turkey burgers for lunch. Haven't gotten hungry yet though.

Yummm!! I love Frittatas for breakfast. I could eat them 7 days a week! I made ours with ham, bacon, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, red onion, green, yellow, and red peppers, and broccoli. It was really pretty, lol, tasty and filling! For dinner, I made steak stirfry. Mine was actually just steak strips and steamed veggies-mushrooms, broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, baby corn, water chestnuts, red & green peppers (omitted the soy sauce and rice for me). We were in need of a quick meal, did yard work all afternoon and still needed to get to the gym.

um, can we can a recipe please?? that's breakfast frittata sounds awesome!

Frittata-
    4 oz. chopped bacon (approx. 3 slices)
    4 oz. diced ham
    1/4 c. chopped red onion
    1/4 c. broccoli
    1/4 c. mushrooms
    1/4 c. pepper- green, red, yellow
    1 Tbsp. Butter or Coconut oil
    1/4 c. Italian blend or cheddar-shredded cheese
    6 large whole eggs
    1/2 tsp. black pepper

Sautee first 6 ingredients for 10 minutes, in 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil. Mix eggs, cheese, and pepper in seperate bowl. Add egg mix to skillet and bake for 10 minutes at 425. After removing from oven, turn over onto serving plate, cut into 8 slices. Serving- 1/4 of the pie (2 slices)

Nutritional info-per serving
    Calories-217
    Protein-17
    Fat-13
    Carbs-5

I usually cut double ingrediants and make 2 at a time. If the skillet can't go in the oven, you can pour everything into a casserole dish and bake.

thanks!! sounds good too!!!

anybody else have any breakfast recipes to share???? I'm copying and pasting so i can print to try out this week..after i get groceries!

and i'm still doing some cheese. trying to stay away from milk b/c the hormones break my face out, but not doing too good of a job at it
  • MissKim
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    "GREEN EGGS AND HAM"
    2 hard boiled eggs
    2 slices of uncured bacon
    1 avocado (I use 1/2)

mash egg and avocado together, crumble bacon over it. YUM
  • MissKim
    Options
    I'll keep fixing it, but y'all try to use the last updated weigh in list, and get it posted pretty quickly so we don't keep losing people :)

Susan, I feel ya on the wine thing, I'm worried about next week's weigh in b/c I know some drinks are in order for this weekend. it's darron and i's anniversary :) but at least you didn't gain!

and great job on maintaining Aurelina! even for the folks not really trying to lose its good to weigh in to keep track, to make sure you aren't gaining. i know a few years ago when i lost all my extra weight, i just stopped caring, stopped stepping on the scale, and i gained it all back and then some within 3 months!!! I'm sure if i had gotten on the scale and thought omg i'm gaining it back i might have done something to stop it, but nope, by the time i realized it, it was all back. :( i mean i knew i was putting a few back on, but was thinking it was like 10, not 40!
  • MissKim
    Options
    "GREEN EGGS AND HAM"
    2 hard boiled eggs
    2 slices of uncured bacon
    1 avocado (I use 1/2)

mash egg and avocado together, crumble bacon over it. YUM

thanks! added to my list, never thought about having avocado's with my eggs. should be interesting. this time last year, you couldn't have paid me to eat veggies or try new things. i love how open minded i've become about vegetables!
  • Aurelina
    Aurelina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'll keep fixing it, but y'all try to use the last updated weigh in list, and get it posted pretty quickly so we don't keep losing people :)

Susan, I feel ya on the wine thing, I'm worried about next week's weigh in b/c I know some drinks are in order for this weekend. it's darron and i's anniversary :) but at least you didn't gain!

and great job on maintaining Aurelina! even for the folks not really trying to lose its good to weigh in to keep track, to make sure you aren't gaining. i know a few years ago when i lost all my extra weight, i just stopped caring, stopped stepping on the scale, and i gained it all back and then some within 3 months!!! I'm sure if i had gotten on the scale and thought omg i'm gaining it back i might have done something to stop it, but nope, by the time i realized it, it was all back. :( i mean i knew i was putting a few back on, but was thinking it was like 10, not 40!

Thanks for doing such a great ADMIN job Kim! I saw that mix up and was about to try and fix it and you zoomed in so fast!! Really nice.

Thank you for the support and encouragement. Feels good. I agree about watching ourselves. I am happy that I didn't float up because breaking under 170 just happened on Saturday when I joined your great little group and just like others here on MFP have reported I will get a big drop and then float up and down and around for awhile before the nice drop will settle in. I was pleased to see I floated in at my recent all time lowest (for a few years now) this morning.
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night was a big juicy lamb burger with tzatziki on a bed of spinach with roasted carrots and cauliflower and a green salad.

I was tried of fried eggs each morning so I switched it up - some breakfast ideas from me:

- Almost ... oatmeal I posted the recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229663-almost-oatmeal-breakfast-porridge?page=1
    - Sweet potato hash browns
    - Eggs mimousa (deviled eggs)
    - Eggs stuffed with guacamolé
    - Jicama hash browns posted here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230137-jicama-hash-browns
    - Strawberries stuffed with mascapone cheese or greek yoghurt, toasted coconut and honey (optional)
    - Paté de compagne with veg crudités
    - Soft boiled eggs with bacon (duck bacon for me!)
    - Omelette muffins I saw someone posted the recipe in the recipe section before
    - Scrambled eggs with salsa
    - Breakfast fruit and yoghurt parfait
    - Pumpkin, nut, maple syrup and cream/yoghurt/mascapone cheese parfait
    - Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and pine nuts
    - Flaxmeal "muffin"
    - Flaxmeal crépes
    - Mushroom, bacon and sweet potato or jicama hash
    - Super breakfast (sweet potato or jicame hash browns topped with grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms, 2 fried eggs + cheese)
    - Bacon or other meat wrapped aspragus or broccolini
    - Eggs baked in pepper rings (like Bird's nests)
    - Baba ghanouj and crudité platter with hard boiled eggs
    - Sweet potato pancakes (latkes)
    - Couregette/zuchinni pancakes (latkes)
    - Western omelette
    - Eggs benedict Primal style with artichoke bottoms not English muffin
    - Labneh (yoghurt) cheese with crudité and meats of choice
    - Tex Mex ground beef crumbles or chozorio with salsa and eggs
    - Scrambled eggs with salmon and lemon mayonaisse sauce
    - Salmon or chciken omelette with dil mayonaisse sauce
    - Banana or apple omelette
    - Bananas frosters parfait (pan sauteéd bananas + maple syrup or Stevia, vanilla with nuts on Greek yoghurt)
    - Banana flax pancakes
    - Espresso "pancakes"
    - Shakes
    - Fruit salads
    - Fig and rosemary nut "bread" - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/01/rosemary-fig-nutty-bread-paleo-friendly.html
    - Coconut crépes - http://realfoodforager.com/2011/02/videorecipe-gluten-free-grain-free-crepes/
    - Date, apple and pecan "muffins" - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/01/apple-pecan-flaxseed-muffins.html
    - All purpose nut and seed grain free bread - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-bread.html
    - French toast - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2009/11/verdict-is-in-on-paleo-french-toast.html
    - Eggs benedict with waffles - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/01/eggs-benedict-wsavory-waffles-paleo.html
    - Grain free bran muffins - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2009/12/paleo-muffins.html
    - Pumpkin muffins - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/11/paleo-pumpkin-muffins.html
    - Faux oatmeal - http://jensgonepaleo.blogspot.com/2010/03/concoction-that-just-may-satisfy-your.html
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    And an interesting daily diary of meals - http://jensgonepaleo.posterous.com/

http://www.elanaspantry.com And this one tooo .... looots of ideas!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    thanks, Nikole for all the ideas! I needed them for sure...
  • IndyCarfan
    IndyCarfan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome Meghan, your just in time for our first weigh in. if you know what you were last tuesday, i wouldn't mind putting that as your starting weight. and you could just weigh in today with the rest of us? just let me know :)

It looks like I was at 148.6 last Tuesday and this morning I am at 147.8 - so almost one pound gone.

I ran a half marathon on Saturday and will run another one this Saturday, which means my numbers are going to be a bit messed up for about a week. I need to eat a "normal" amount of carbs the day before any run of about 8+ miles, plus I drink Gaterade during the run which causes me to retain water (and get even more carbs). I'm not planning to see any real loss for awhile. It's kind of funny how burning that many calories in one day can cause weight gain, even if it's just temporary!
  • IndyCarfan
    IndyCarfan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Meghan, LW 148.6, CW 147.8, loss of .8
  • undrznith
    undrznith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Aimee, LW 145, CW 144, loss of 1lb
  • donnamariemoon
    Options
    Week 1 Weigh In, May 3rd

Donna, SW 163, LW 150, CW 150.5, .5 gain but I am not worried cuz inches still decreasing & feeling good!
  • undrznith
    undrznith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner we had chicken thighs and veggies. Super fast to get together and crazy easy. Rub the thighs in some olive oil and cover in seasonings (I used italian seasoning, paprika and garlic salt. The chicken had no salt added, yay) and then put them in a big pan with some chicken broth. Through some veggies in the open spaces, I did broccoli and onions. I took the broccoli out when it was done but next time will throw them in toward the end to cook instead so they won't sit and get cold :D Hindsight is 20/20! Cook with the lid on, I did it over medium. I don't know how long it took, I would just check it occasionally and flipped them once. After I took the food out I scraped the bottom of the pan and stirred it all up, the sauce thickened up a bit pretty quick and I poured it over everything in the serving dish. My husband and two year old loved it, and because I made a lot there was some leftover for my husband's lunch today :)