What's the story behind your profile pic?

Options

Replies

• Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I chose a butterfly for my weight loss ticker and a caterpillar becoming a butterfly for my profile picture to represent me "shedding" this unhealthy over weight body. It represents me becoming the active & healthy person one the outside, that I feel is trapped on the inside.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I started working hard with a personal trainer to become the lean, mean, muscle machine I know I can be. I love the saying on the t-shirt, and it cracked me up that an obviously out of shape guy was wearing it!
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This was taken in March (2011) in St. Lucia. My husband, son and I at my best friends wedding on the beach. It was so beautiful! I felt amazing, I had reached my goal of losing 40 pounds the week before we left to go. I was so proud of myself. :flowerforyou:
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Mine is from Florence, Italy on top of the Duomo, the most beautiful cathedral I have ever seen! I had gone to visit him while he was studying in Germany so he could see the city I had studied in the year before. The most amazing place and trip of my life! :smile:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken by one of my BFF's that came to take me out for my birthday two weeks ago! This was round one... and I had too many to mention that night, but I liked the pic and I can tell in my face that I've lost 30 pounds!!! Plus, the scarf is one of my fav new things I bought myself for the summer!!!! I think I may hit happy hour again when I reach my goal!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    This was before my best friends wedding. I was having my hair done, i was sick as a dog with bronchitis and a lung infection and im wearing no make up, not a single bit. Normally i hate my pic taken even in full make up and not sick, but this is me, completely bare and for some reason i love this pic?!
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Me at a reading. I'm a writer and I love reading my work before audiences. I think I was at my heaviest ever. And, it was at this time that I realized that I was no longer comfortable in my clothes and I started looking for ways to control my intake and my exercise.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I went fishing 2x in one week. Passed through this old farm town and thought wow, how tidy main street was. I promised myself the next time through I would take a pic. That's my jeep in front.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This is my new profile pic it was taken at the pool area of a strip club here in dallas.Me and the hubby love strip clubs lol
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Me - 2004 (203lbs)

Me - 2011 (150lbs)
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Aww everyone has interesting stories. Mine is just a picture of my face
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Standing atop the Golden Gate Bridge was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. 740 feet above sea level and the winds were howling!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    well, mine is a bit provacative today cuz im boycotting this black out thing thats going on on here today, LOL.. normally I use just a face shot. I have a few pics uploaded...
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    It was taken last summer at the beach (I was at my "normal"/goal weight then). The weather was gorgeous and a friend and I took the ferry to a small island in the lake our city borders (the island's kind of a tourist trap in some areas, like the amusement park, but has lots of great walking trails and a lovely beach so you can avoid the obnoxious parts and enjoy nature if you want to). I hate my bikini top, it's uncomfortable, and it was hot, so when we decided to go swimming I thought, "to hell with it", took it off and went swimming topless. I'd wanted to do so for ages I, hate bathing suit tops (and bras!), but didn't have the guts to do it until that day (now I always go topless at the beach/pool). It's legal for women to be topless in public as long as it's not for sexual or commercial purposes where I live, but it's rarely done, still very taboo. I felt awesome (as in comfortable, and empowered by not caring about whether or not anyone was judging me, not as in enjoying attention, I have small breasts, definitely nothing to show off or that's going to impress anyone - there were dozens of men with man boobs bigger than my boobs there) and decided to keept it off when we'd finished swimming and were just hanging out on the beach chatting and enjoying the weather for the next few hours. Between feeling proud of myself for having the confidence to put being comfortable above worrying about anyone's sexist crap or negative opinions about me and the atmosphere being really great and having had a really fun day prior to that anyway, I felt so relaxed and was so happy when the picture was taken (it's an edited version for MFP, of course :wink:). And I can see how relaxed and happy I was in the picture, and it feels good to see that in myself.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    mine is me attempting to attract as many men on here. wait.....

LOL mine is just me being a goof and getting ready to zumba my bum off! :D
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Very well put! You've described me too!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    we went to Mackinac Island in upper Michigan two years ago to do the Labor Day bridge walk and to ride bikes around the island. it was a bumper sticker i saw on a bicycle's basket on the island. i really don't have anything against starbucks at all, just loved the picture -- plus it reminds me of a great vacation!
  • nattybug
    nattybug Posts: 5
    Options
    My oldest son sitting on my lap... haha :) he's so little and cute!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Mine is from the last 5K I did in February. It was one of the best races I've ever done not just in terms of time, but also in terms of SWAG and the fact that I did it with a bunch of girls that I bellydance with. We had a blast!
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Myself and one of my favorite horses Travalena Cody at the NCHA Derby in Ft Worth, been riding my whole life it is very grounding :)