What's the story behind your profile pic?

Options

Replies

• lilliemelissa
    lilliemelissa Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    mine is from a few years ago, and at the time i actually thought it was an ok pic. not great, not terrible. 30 lbs lost, i now use it to remind me how quickly it creeps back when i stop paying attention to myself! never again
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This thread is so fun!

Mine was taken on the ferris wheel at Mall of America during a spontaneous long weekend vacation. Also went to the Waterpark of America and I actually didn't feel gross in my swimsuit! The picture is to remind me of how awesome it feels to be confident and not worry about the way I look and just have FUN!
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    Mine was taken a few months ago on the last day of Summer.
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mine is a paper-made little snowman made for my 2-year-old niece, who's the cutest and angel-like little girl I've ever known :)
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Mine was taken last year attending my first ever UFC event. Man I love watching mma! I've lost 85lbs since then but I still have a long way to go. Can't wait till I reach my goal weight & then I will post another one.
  • KayleesTryin
    KayleesTryin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mine is to remind me that there is a fit and fabulous girl waiting to look back at me from the mirror! I can't wait to see her!
  • JasonVickers
    JasonVickers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is a picture of my one true love.

Well, nearly - I used to have this at least twice a week at our local pub but after starting this I realised I would probably never see one again so I keep it as a fond memory.
  • BettrFastrStrongr
    BettrFastrStrongr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It simply goes along with the username. I'm too embarrassed to put up a real pic. Even when I was thin I hated photos lol.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The first time I managed to shoulder mount I got my sister to film me on my blackberry. And here's a still.

Blackberry Video explains the poor quality. First time explains the poor form (of course I'm no better now, but I like to have an excuse)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I took this last year after one of my first mountain bike rides. All appendages still in place, minus some blood donated to the mosquitoes, but all in all a blast.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This is my new profile pic it was taken at the pool area of a strip club here in dallas.Me and the hubby love strip clubs lol

:drinker: :drinker:
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'll start :) I was gonna choose one of my "best" looking pictures....make up perfect, hair done, camera at a more slimming angle...but I want you to see the real me! My 8 year old daughter is the photographer, and my son was "helping" me fish on a gorgeous spring day. What a fun day that was!
    And fishing at one of the most beautiful spots ever!!! Gosh I love the Grand Traverse Bay!
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    But anyways mine was from almost 2 years ago, the day of my brother and sister in laws wedding! She is the one holding the $ and I'm getting my hair done, and you can clearly see my fat roll which just motivates me that much more!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Time with my grand daughter.
  • jackal75
    jackal75 Posts: 95
    Options
    As it says in my signature -> This is me when I hit "that point" where I decided enough was enough.....

This was taken at Sony Online Entertainment's Fan Faire 2009 at Bally's in Las Vegas. I am standing beside ladies dressed as the characters Queen Antonia Bayle and Firona Vie from the game Everquest II. I had just come in from going golfing, and went down to the conference area to brag about my round.

As if my gut in this picture wasn't bad enough, standing beside these two caused me to look even larger. I swear that looking at this picture makes me do ten more minutes of cardio every time I see it. Even now that I have lost over 70 lbs, it doesn't seem like enough. I'm lucky it hasn't turned into a disorder. Very likely that MFP is the reason I have been able to get where I am without resorting to drastic measures!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    There's no real story behind mine. I was getting ready for school or something one day and just felt pretty!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Mine is myself and my new baby Alexander who is 5 months old now. We're sat in a cable car going up to Mont Tremblant mountain in Quebec. We did a 12 day holiday in various parts of Canda recently, and it was fantastic. (apart from getting robbed on the last day!).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Just about to cross the finish line in my most recent 5k, after flying past a girl 11 years younger than me. :drinker:
  • DJmom44
    DJmom44 Posts: 91
    Options
    It shows one of the reasons I wanted to lose weight and get healthy...keep up with my kids. This is me and my daughter playing in a parents vs. daughters soccer game which I wouldn't have been able to do with all the extra weight I had.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My photo is on top of a mountain ridge in Hawaii a couple of months back. It had been raining so everybody was drenched, we'd been hiking for hours, everyone else was miserable and exhausted and ready to go back-- and I wanted to keep going. :)

A year ago, I would have been exhausted and miserable too, instead of being the annoyingly energetic friend who tries to convince everybody else that there's something really cool just a LITTLE bit further down the trail.