What's the story behind your profile pic?

Options
muriah2
muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
I'll start :) I was gonna choose one of my "best" looking pictures....make up perfect, hair done, camera at a more slimming angle...but I want you to see the real me! My 8 year old daughter is the photographer, and my son was "helping" me fish on a gorgeous spring day. What a fun day that was!

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    me and my soon to be fiance'. :D
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The two most important reasons behind why I am losing weight!
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Although you can't see him, my profile pic is of my son and I at an outdoor concert a few years ago. It was his first show and a great memory for me. :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Me when I was able to study Karate with my now 16 year old son. Trying to get back down to my "fighting weight". LOLOL
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    my current picture is from when i was at a music festival and I was fiddling with my iPhone.....my hubbs was teasing me about the fact that I could figure out how to take a picture........
  • Jenbarratt11
    Options
    Mine is of a couple of years ago, its the weight I want to go back to as I look happy and healthy- an inspirational pic to look at!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    me and my husband on our wedding day =D
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Great Thread Idea!!!
    I wanted my pic to show "me", what my body looks like but also wanted it to be a good memory pic - what could be a better memory than a sail boat off Kauai? What a wonderful day that was! :glasses:
    Can't wait to see how others feel! :drinker:
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My husband and I on our honey moon in Cabo! Ahhh I wish I could go back there right now!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to see why so many people were looking at me when me and a friend had a day at Kemah boardwalk . I guess they liked the make up
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    A pic of me and my son this past Halloween. No thought behind it other than it is one of my favorite pics!
  • EA1604
    EA1604 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Picture of my godson, kind of how I feel. Like a big blob and a super big couch potatoe.
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mine is me with my younges two, we were taking silly pictures. :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My current one is in honor of people who can't mind their own business and feel the need to nose into others.

...not that I am bitter.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    mine was a picture taken the last day of our honeymoon in jamaica, i was at a weight that i felt comfortable in my own skin!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I felt skinny and thought I looked good that day...so I took a picture.
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I needed a new pick for my department profile because the old one confused students... I was about 264 in the old picture so I had students who would ask why the teachers had changed lol. then I would say hi, my name is Ms. Franks and they would say, why don't they show you as her on the English Dept web site... So, it is the only actual picture of that isn't from my sister's wedding last june. I gave all my old pictures to my mom for now because I still feel that size and didn't want to get discouraged.
  • PrincessBTits
    Options
    Mine is typically what my friends and family see whenever I am around. I am an amateur photographer dabbling in being a pro.
  • mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's such a sweet picture! Honestly I chose mine when I had no idea there was a community to go along with the app I downloaded to count calories. So there's why I chose it and now it kind of embarasses me, but I don't know anyone here so it really doesn't matter I guess.

But for why I took it and what it reminds me of.....pretty relevant to why I am counting calories:

My husband and I are having real problems and I sent him that pic to tell him I missed his kiss. He didn't even respond. (I realize there could be tons of reasons for that but...) Each time I see that picture it reminds me that I want him to want me and I have to put some effort into preventing the blowup in my weight that is inevitable if I'm not paying attention to what I eat.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's my wedding day pic and the best solo-shot and really show's how happy of a person I am.

I also used it b/c I gained 8lbs in 10 day's on my honeymoon Aug 2009 and that's when I started on MFP so it was also my most recent photograph.