Move it To Lose for May: CHALLENGE

Options
CHALLENGE: “Move it to Lose It” for May

Hello! This thread has been established for people interested in participating in a 4 week challenge for May.

The challenge will begin this Sunday, May 1st and run through May 29th. Challenge requirements are as follows:

1. The challenge will be limited to 14 participants so we can give an adequate amount of support to each other.
2. This thread will be our primary way to communicate. However, it’s recommended that you friend your fellow challenge participants. I will post a final list of participant names before Sunday.
3. You must check in and post on this thread at LEAST twice a week. More frequent is better, but at least twice. You can post anything: barriers, response to other participants, encouragement, mini-challenges, etc.
4. Not meeting the weekly challenges is NOT considered a failure, but incentive to focus for the following week. As long as you’re engaged with the group and trying to do the work, everyone will be supportive.
5. As the challenge-owner, I will personally email and message each participant on an ongoing basis to check-in. Others are encouraged to the same.
6. While this is not a pure weight-loss challenge, that is a likely side effect. This challenge focus is for consistency, goal-setting, and to kick it up a notch. It is suggested that you weigh prior to beginning the challenge so you can accurately report your total weight loss for May.

Challenge goals are as follows:

Week of May 1st: Burn a minimum of 1800 calories through activity and exercise. That’s 7 days to torch an average of 258 cals per day. Are you ready to get (and stay) in motion?!

Week of May 8th: Eat under you established calorie goals for 7 consecutive days. This can include eating back and up to the calories you’ve banked for activity.

Week of May 15th: Walk, Run, Swim, Elliptical, or skate at least 14 miles this week. That’s an average of 2 miles a day. You can also choose to bicycle, but the goal is increased to covering 21 miles in the week.

Week of May 22nd: To crank up our last week, burn a minimum of 2400 calories through activity and exercise throughout the week. Get creative, but most importantly: MOVE IT!

Sunday, May 29th: Final Check-in

Okay, so... .... ... <drum roll> Who's in?!?

Replies

• dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in! :-) Love this!!

Oooops. I thought this was my page.. but it's actually my husband's! I am jreese5226 requesting to be included!
  • deal01
    deal01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My birthday is May 29th and I want to lose atleast 20lbs by then. I know its alot but I am working hard already. I am game for this one. Excited to get started. My name is Deniese. Nice to meet you. And yes the positive posts and encouragements are very helpful.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I AM the one that wants in. :blushing:

Oh, and my name is Jessica!
  • jessebreanne
    Options
    I would like to participate! :)
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    Count me in.
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in! awesome challenge. :)
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    COUNT ME IN!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    may 29th is my bday :)
  • deal01
    deal01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Girl we need to stick together on this one. We can lose the pounds and celebrate our birthday. : )
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :bigsmile:
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think this sounds great!!!..we all need each other for support:)..Count me IN!!!!
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    ME......ME.......ME........ME!!!!!
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I will :)
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    I wanna do it!!!
  • ptillison
    ptillison Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am in on this one!!!
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    okay we have everyone. are we going to take pictures and measurements?
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Looks like you've probably already got your limit but I'll be following along with the weekly goals anyway.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!! We have our BRAVE Challenge participants!!! Our final list includes:

dcberg00
    deal01
    jreese5226
    jessebreanne
    Brookelee30
    peariel
    l3xii
    tam120
    Sexymama34
    redxmasqueen
    tiffanyjade09
    Mrz_Rich
    ptillison
    FabOma08

Here are a few instructions and a handful of key things to keep in mind:

1. Our official start is this Sunday, May 1st. Our official end date is Sunday, May 29th.
    2. You should check-in and post to this thread at LEAST 2x a week and more frequently if possible.
    3. Everyone should try to post on or before our kick-off day. In that post, please include your name and what you hope to gain from this challenge.
    4. Taking and posting measurements and actual weight is completely optional. However, please post any pounds lost during the challenge.
    5. While tomorrow (Saturday) is NOT included in the challenge, I issue a mini-challenge. To kick us off, can you torch 400 calories TOMORROW? C’mon – I know you can!!! Let’s do it… for no other reason than we CAN!

And for Sunday…. The official challenge commences. For the week, burn at least 1800 calories with activity and exercise. Make sure to log your exercise in your diary. In addition, during one of your weekly posts to this thread, please outline what you’ve done and if you hit the target.

I am so honored to be doing this with each of you. Best of luck, and let’s all support each other to get this done!!!
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    My name is Brooke if my username doesn't give it away..... I wanted to do this challenge because it sounds fun and will be a nice mix to my diet routine. Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see everyone's progress!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    I'm Cassi and im in!

guess i was too late. never mind