Move it To Lose for May: CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to lose 15 pounds I recently gained because I just discovered I have thyroid issues (still without medication), so It has been so difficult to me to lose these pounds, I lose some one week and then If I just have a little slack on my diet, I gained all them back!:sad: ...I have to eat very a little amount of calories because my metabolism is just very slow.

Wish me luck, I'm pretty excite about this challenge!! :flowerforyou:
    I have thyroid issues myself - it does make it more difficult to lose but it's not impossible. Are you going to be getting on medication for it? Without medicine I am DEAD - so tired, cranky, depressed, did I mention tired? and cranky? and depressed??? I really can not function without being on my medicine - my family would quickly replace me with someone a bit nicer. I really recommend getting on medication - it will help in so many ways, one of which is it is easier to lose weight.

I am loving this challenge as well! I hope it goes well for you!

Well, I had my last doctor app 2 months ago, I had high TSH levels and she said to me I should stop my birth control pills, and repeat the test 2 months later. My hipothyroidism is subclinical, wich means I don't have symptons, so I am very happy to say I don't feel weak, tired or sluggish because of this. My only symptons are dry hair and nails, high cholesterol levels, and water retention!...In my next app she will decide If I should take the medication or not...It kinda scare me the idea of taking a medication my all life, but if it's neccesary for improving me weight loss, well I guess I will have too!:angry:
  • gnutrifitness
    Options
    By the way, today I did it very good, I managed t burn around 400 calories, through Chalean extreme Fat burning challenge + Fire 30 (Turbofire), I love these programs, I really feel the burn and the high impact of them...Anyone here have tried them?
  • secogeni
    secogeni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So far so good. :) Yesterday I managed to get in a little over 60 minutes. As for today, I've still been burning calories, and I've got some good things to say about myself:

1. I have beautiful hair.
    2. I'm intelligent.
    3. I'm optimistic.
    4. I'm a great friend.
    5. I have pretty eyes.
    6. I'm curvy (yes that's a good thing!).

Let's get some more self-compliments on this thread. I want to see why you're so great. This is not a time to be humble!
  • tiffanyjade09
    tiffanyjade09 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Burnt 300 calories today, biking, walking/jogging, and lifting.
  • Drealicious
    Drealicious Posts: 59
    Options
    today was a good day:) i went to the gym and stayed under my calorie goal:)
    Btw im Andrea:) i currently weigh 155lbs and my goal is 130:)
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I made it to the gym! 40-minute spin class (the class is 45 minutes, but I was late) and a killer 15-minute abs workout after that. 818 calories burned, according to MFP! No progress on the scale yet, but that'll come soon.
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I got 20 minutes of belly dancing and 45 minutes of turbo fire in today. Burned 573 calories.
  • jessebreanne
    Options
    You are just building a ton a muscle that equals out on the scale. AWESOME WORK!
  • jessebreanne
    Options
    Up'd my calories to 1500 from the 1200 MPF suggested for quickest loses and now I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER. I know it will take a little longer to get to my goal but now I don't feel like giving up because of starvation after all the exercise :)
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi everybody!! Hope your week is going well and ya'll are on target to your 1800 calories burned!! I burned 575 today and am positive I will hit my 1800 before the week is through!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Here's my status so far this week:

Sunday: 449
    Monday: 460
    Wed: 263

So at 1172 so far for the week, looking good to complete the 1800 before Sunday!!!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    And here's our 4th optional mini-challenge. To be completed by FRIDAY if you're game:

Can you take 30 ENTIRE minutes to finish a meal???? From the first bite to the last, take 30 full minutes to eat a meal. This can be solo, with family, etc.....

The idea is to eat slowly and thoughtfully. This does NOT include prep time, but includes only the time to consume the meal.Post your experience doing this to this thread. Good luck!!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    ok, I've hit 1100 today so I think I'm gonna make it!! Going to get my gym thing started tomorrow after work. That should help!!
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    30 minutes to eat a meal? That's an excellent plan! I think I'm gonna pick up on this one and try to make it a daily goal!
  • dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Total Cals so far are 1430... thanks hockey!!

As for the mini challenge for the eating a meal for 30 minutes.... we shall see!! Gonna try it tomorrow with the kiddos!
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    WOW! Taking 30 minutes to eat a meal. Gonna give it a try. Sounds like a great challenge! And I am on track to meet the 1800 goal this week.
  • gnutrifitness
    Options
    Soo, today was AMAZING...I feel exhausted after burning about 600 calories through my workouts today. That's pretty a high amount of cals burned, considering I'm a very short girl...I did 30 min in my spinning bike + 30 min of Tone class (Turbofire) + Bodyrock.tv workouts (you must check this site if you haven't, her workout are killer), + 10 min of Abs...I stayed under my goal too:happy: ...About the 30 min for eating a meal challenge, I think I will give it a try on friday or during the weekend because I'm a very busy busy girl, so I don't think I will have the time to do it tomorrow.....I hope you guys are doing great...:flowerforyou:
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Since I want the TOTAL challenge experience I've promised myself to get in on the mini challenges as well as our weekly goals. However, I didn't figure Dee would be incorporating mental challenges! LOL But she did and here goes my attempt at mini challenge #3...I've pondered long and hard to come up with 12 compliments about myself. The first 6 or 7 were easy but I really had to think on the last few!

1. I'm extremely organized...like in an almost OCD kind of way.

2. I'm a fabulous mommy! I love my little man more than words can express and I thank God every day that he chose me to be his mom!

3. I'm funny!

4. I'm strong...physically & mentally.

5. I'm compassionate...my husband told me once that what I lack in patience I make up for with compassion. LOL

6. I have beautiful curves...and I love most of them! haha

7. I'm determined.

8. I'm honest...brutally honest. If you want my opinion on the matter you better be ready for it wether it's good or bad cuz I'm going to let you know either way. I'm not into sugar coating!

9. I have pretty eyes. ;)

10. I have a contagious laugh that I'm pretty sure is my "signature mark."

11. I'm great at multi-tasking and I rarely crack under pressure.

12. I'm seeing awesome definition in my arms and I LOVE IT!! After my son was born (at 8 lbs. 10 oz.) and I was carrying him around all the time (the child weighed over 20 lb.s at 5 months!) I always figured there had to be big muscles under all the "extra" on my arms...there are muscles under there and they are so incredibly sexy!!

My calories burned so far this week:
    Sunday 285
    Monday 654
    Tuesday 288
    Wednesday 575
    TOTAL...1802!!! I didn't even realize it until I just added it up...SWEET!! I'm thinking I'll take a rest day tomorrow and get back on it Friday!
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    Hey Gang!

It sounds like everyone ia doing GREAT! Here is where I am at for this weeks challenge so far.

Sunday - 708
    Tuesday - 394
    Wednesday - 361
    Grand total - 1436

1800 calorirs burned by the end of the week will be a piece of cake!
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    For the 30 minute mini challenge, I complete that everyday. I often have people complain that I eat WAY too slow! I also have people comment that they are surprised I am overweight because I eat so slow that I never finish anything! So.... I will continue to eat slow because it really helps during my weight loss journey.