SWaT Walking Group - May Walk

Options

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm not starting off May very well. Too many things going on this week and multibple Mother's day celebrations this weekend. I've got to find time to get back on track. I have one last school concert for my son tonight so hopefully I'll get back to walking tomorrow.

Jenny, I'm sorry about your mother. Both of my parents are 83 and it's so hard seeing them unable to do the things they always have.

Welcome to all the new walkers and I'm glad to see everyone back with us.
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've decided its a Brownie day. Going to try this and thought I'd share it with you guys. I will let you know how they are.

Have a great day guys!!:drinker:

HG's Nutty-Good PB Brownies

Since peanut butter plus chocolate is one of the best combinations of all time, it only made sense to add peanut butter to our awesome, cake-like brownies... Tada!

Ingredients:
    One 18.25-oz. box moist-style devil's food cake mix
    One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (Libby's is best!)
    1/4 cup creamy reduced-fat peanut butter, room temperature
    1 tbsp. light soymilk (plain or vanilla) or fat-free milk (whatever you have on hand)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking pan (about 9" X 13") with nonstick spray and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with pumpkin. Stir until completely blended. (Batter will be thick.) Spread batter into the baking pan, and smooth out the top.

In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with milk. Using a butter knife or a narrow spoon handle, stir until thoroughly mixed. Swirl the peanut butter mixture over the top of the batter with the knife or spoon handle.

Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 - 25 minutes.

Allow to cool, and then cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!

MAKES 16 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 brownie (1/16th of recipe)
    Calories: 160
    Fat: 4g
    Sodium: 293mg
    Carbs: 30g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 15.5g
    Protein: 2.5g

PointsPlus® value 4
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Maynard--those brownies sound good! I think I will make them for Mother's Day and get some low-fat vanilla ice cream to go with them!

I tried a walk in the park that Leslie has on her Walk Club website--it's one mile and fit my morning perfectly. It was also nice to see some sunshine! AND it looks like it's going to be a better day here than predicted!

Welcome to everyone--old and new! I feel GOOD today! :happy: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself. I worked out yesterday after an over 2 week hiatus! I did Leslie's 2 mile walk. I'm starting out slow again after not exercising at all for so long! 2 mile down from 60, 58 to go for May!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

Jenny! Last night was freezing and now today is sunny and warm? what's up with the weather over thier? LOL :wink:
    It's funny you mentioned corn, I haven't eaten corn in years ( to many, maybe 10 yrs) any how last night I just had some from a can :blushing: . BUT It was such a nice change for once. I Love corn, I just stayed away from it because I always ate enough carbs every where else. I was a carb queen at one time. BREAD. PASTA , POTATOES. I have totally cut all that out. Well, I still eat pasta & bread & potatoes, just in different forms. No white bread, No white pasta or white potatoes. LOL :laugh: OKAY Ladies I talked enough :blushing:

Today I walked 4.9 miles at the City Park. I've decided to start eating back my exercised calories, So instead of walking the Park trail twice I'm only going to be walking it once. It's very difficult to manage eating 1200 net calories a day. I think today I'm getting close.

Sorry about the book guy's :blushing:

Time for lunch / Every one Have A GREAT DAY!!!!!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hello all
    Well today I did 3 miles. The walk was OK, the side steps was uncomfortable, but not painful. But the stretch at the end about killed my foot!!!! I am a long ways of doing 5 miles again. But I know it will get there. Just have to remember to take it slow (that is the hard part :laugh: )
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Welcome new walkers and those that have rejoined. Thanks for all your kind words about my Mom. I guess she was awake more today so maybe she's rebounding once again?

Maynard the brownie recipe sounds yummy! i'll have to try those soon.

Beautiful night out this evening. I did my first bike ride outside this season and then walked totaling 62 minutes with both workouts.

Have a nice day tomorrow!
    Jenny
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Walked another 3.3 miles yesterday! 1.3 to pick up my daughter from school and then 2 with Leslie! I can't wait until Monday to weigh myself! I really want to have lost some weight by then!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning Walkers!!

I just walked 5.8 miles, another gorgeous day Sunny 81 degree's.
    Time to go shopping, Coming back on later tonight.

Have A great Day!
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Yes, I am back again, this time I am ready to be where I was in the fall working my tail off. (For real)

I walked on my lunch break 1.4 miles today!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Zumba was very hot tonight. The gym had no circulation. I sweated buckets so I drank extra water tonight. My rear was sore today from my bike ride! My bike is getting a tune up now since the chain fell off.

It was a beautiful day here but in the low 50's I think. Sunny and blue skies though.

My HRM should arrive tomorrow so I'll be able to see how many calories I'm really burning and eat accordingly.

Good night!:yawn:

Jenny
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Late check in for me tonite. I did get in 2 miles at lunch today. I had to make myself go and walk. I think I'm getting a chest cold or bronchitis now of all things. I really feeling like such a whiner these days and I hate to come here with a new complaint every day. I guess I'm just getting old! :laugh:

Tomorrow is another day!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sandy-It sure has been a year for illness. I had more colds than usual for me. Now allergy season is revving up too. Do you have allergies?

Jenny
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers!

Mid-week check in...

Maynard: Congrats on your maintenance! What a feeling of accomplishment you must have. :drinker:

MFK: How was your 5K last Sunday? I did my first this past March and hope to do more; a year ago, I wouldn't have even considered it. Walking on such a regular basis (thanks, supporters!) gave me the encouragement to sign up and complete it.

Teresa: Like you, I've cut out bread, pasta, and potatoes. It's made such a difference (along with regular exercise). I also read that corn is a starchy vegetable, so I cut that out, too. I'm about 40 lbs from my goal weight, so trying to stay with it. I'm so glad I found MFP; logging calories and exercise and sharing with the community has really helped.

Have a good week, everyone. Keep walking!

exercise.png
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I WILL walk today...dangit!!!!:grumble:

Thats all I have to say right now.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I am still here girls, I must have turned right when you all walked to the left. I was lost!:sad:

Monday~ 2.5M 15 W
    Tuesday~ 2.5M 15W
    1M 30W/CAL
    Wednesday~ 3M

8M 60minW

I am not walking as much as I was and am going to concentrate on more integrated weight and oppositional exercise workouts this month so I am lowering my walking goal to 60 for the month.

Onward and upward! Alice
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Got 1 mile in today, better than nothing. Last night was a long night. my foot was not used to being up on it for hours.
    I just need to keep telling myself { this to shall pass :grumble: } I will get back up there as soon as my foot is ready
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Another Mile in my lunch, I am so glad the weather is really started to get warmer and not rainy.

Have a good night!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Hello !!!

I walked 2.85 miles on the treadmill and then did 30 minutes of weight lifting

AZchatterB.... Same here! That's really why I haven't eaten Corn in years. Luv it! But I can do without it too. I prefer Sweet potato and brown rice PASTA and No bleached flour in my breads. My bread I buy is " sprouted 16 grain & seed" Its $4.99 a loaf some times on sale for $4.69 BUT WELL worth it! It is so filling :wink:

You all Have a Great Night!
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I found you and thanks for the invite! I am here and today I walked 2 miles I will have to get a cool ticker! My monthly goal is 60 miles that is 15 a week! I have already got that this week and hope to surpass my weekly goal this week!