SWaT Walking Group - May Walk

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Welcome red5! You've got a good start to this months walking goal!

My HRM arrived and is all set to try this weekend. I was able to squeeze in a 2 mile very brisk walk tonight outside. Busy evening. I had my first acupuncture session for my arthritis, sinuses and hot flashes. I hadn't had a session in 3-4 years. It was wonderful. So relaxing and now to see how I feel tomorrow. My next session is Monday. You attend session close together at first and then back off to occasional when pain is gone.

Good night everyone!
    Jenny
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome red5!!

I got in my walk yesterday PLUS some. Yey ME!!!!!
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

It's Friday, YAY!!! :happy:

I just finished 3 mile walk on the treadmill , It's cloudy and a slight rain all morning so I had to keep my walk indoors :indifferent:

I also did another 30 minutes of weight lifting today.

I hope you all Have a wonderful weekend!

AND WELCOME RED5 :flowerforyou: So glad you joined us.
  • MarieS135
    MarieS135 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!

I got in a 3 mile hike at the off leash dog park today. Love it! Its so beautiful there and the dog is in heaven. Now he is passed out by my feet...lol.

Have a great weekend guys!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everybody,

Welcome to the group Red and I'm happy to see some returning members too.

I felt horrible yesterday but went and did 2 miles at lunch anyway, I just forgot to post it. Today I woke up feeling like a new person, maybe it was allergies??? I've never been bothered with them before but I guess there is a first time for everything.

I did my 2 1/2 miles at lunch in the same time it took me to do the 2 miles yesterday. I knew I had to go out tonite and couldn't walk at home but maybe I'll get in a WATP this weekend. I sure need to.

I hope you all have a great weekend and a very happy Mother's day! :flowerforyou:

Just so I don't forget I've got in 6.5 miles so far this month but I haven't updated my ticker yet for May.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I just finished a very brisk 3 mile walk using my HRM for the first time. My calories burned were 368 but MFP would estimate 381. Not too far off but now it feels good to have my stats personalized for me so I don't eat back too many exercise calories.

Weather here was beautiful today and I think it hit 70 or so. Now it looks like we will get rain for the weekend, blah! We need to do yard work badly but it rains or is freezing every weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone and take time to relax too!

Jenny
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Walkers,

I walked 2.5 miles today, that was 1.7 for a walk at lunch and then the rest was in the mall shopping.

I also thinking chasing or watching my 4 year old go crazy in the Disney store counts for burning calories. Tee Hee.

To all the Mothers, Have a wonderful Mothers day!

Dawn
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Monday~ 2.5M 15 W
    Tuesday~ 2.5M 15W
    1M 30W/CAL
    Wednesday~ 3M
    Thursday~2M 10W
    Friday 1M 25W

8M 60minW
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Everyone sure seems to be walking! I am in and out here--very busy at work and home! Working mostly on my food choices and portion sizes--I have slacked on that and I want to get back on track.

gmothersday4.gif

to all the mom's in the US and Canada!

Have a wonderful weekend!
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Well I got 3 miles in today. Foot doing pretty good :bigsmile:
    Will still be glad when it stops swelling.
    Everyone have a wonderful Mother's Day
  • jrbanta
    Options
    My feet are and joints are sore so today is a rest day for me to let my joints and muscles recover. Tomorrow I hope to dig in my gardens and ride my bike for exercise. Clouding up here so hopefully rains over night and then is beautiful for Mom's Day.

Have a wonderful evening!

Jenny
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Just got back from a 3 mile walk. It is beautiful outside with a light breeze, Couldn't pass it up.
    Happy Mothers Day to you all!!!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day Everyone! I just changed my exercise minute goal to 800 minutes for May. That includes everything I do that is active and works muscles, heart, etc.

Finally managed to get out to my front garden this morning before the rain came. I cleaned it up, gave it food and now can see what I need to plant for annuals and add a couple more perennials. I have gardens on either side of the house but didn't get to those yet. We are expecting rain for the next few days, ugh!

Enjoy your day with your friends and family!

Jenny:flowerforyou:
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    I hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day!

My Mom and I had a GREAT time together. We had Lunch at Chili's restaurant & then shopping at Ross & Big Lots & drove around looking for houses forsale. Came back home and just sat around relaxing & having coffee together.

Later on I jumped on the treadmill for 20 minutes, SO I got 1 mile in :bigsmile:

Good Night!!!!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Weekend check-in...

I'm on target to make my goal, but I do notice I'm not using the four and five mile walks as often as I have in past months. Does anyone notice whether they are better to walk every day (or almost every day) with a two/three mile walk or four to five times a week using the four and five mile walks? I only lost two tenths of a pound last week, but things have been so busy I notice that I'm doing more of the two mile walks to at least get in a walk.

Have a great week, everybody!

exercise.png
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I walked almost everyday last week. Didn't on Friday because I was walking a lot on Sat. I walked 4 miles! Today I will be starting again. 2 miles a day until the end of the month or at least 60 miles for May!
  • TeresaSavage
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

I just walked 3 miles on the treadmill / 1 hour, Then I worked out 30 minutes lifting weight's.

I feel like I lose weight a lot quicker when I go for my 5 to 6 mile walk 3 to 4 times a week then when I'm walking every day 3 miles on the treadmill and only get a 5 mile walk in twice a week. :bigsmile: Actually I walk every day of the week anyway except this weekend because of the holiday.

Since it was mothers day yesterday And I had a communion to go to on Saturday, I didn't get any of my nice long walks in as I usually do on weekends. So I have a good feeling I won't be losing any weight this week. Just hope there won't be a gain.

Have a Great Monday!!!!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a great mother's day. I really enjoyed my whole weekend but now I'm having a hard time getting re-motivated. Maybe I have spring fever or maybe I just need a little break. Or maybe I just need a good kick to get me going again! :laugh:

Sorry I'm not being very supportive here guys but you are all doing so good I hate to keep posting my negative stuff. I'll try to do better.
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Monday! Walked 1.7 at lunch and 2 miles with Leslie the 2 mile Express.

Whew back on track and I am loving it.

Hope every one had a nice Mother's Day
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I had acupuncture today for my arthritis. I'm not walking today because I want to feel the benefit of the acupuncture. Tomorrow I'm staying home and it is suppose to be beautiful outside. I'm going to garden, exercise and eat right.

Glad you all had a nice time with your mom's on mother's day!

Jenny