• Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Jenny you are so lucky to get acupuncture,

Well got 2 miles in today.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Today was gorgeous outside! I cleaned the house in the morning, went to the grocery and then attacked the gardens on either side of the house. I wore my HRM through both cleaning and gardening to see how many calories I would burn. Quite a lot! The other good news is that I slept pain free last night without Tylenol PM after my acupuncture session yesterday. Nice results with only two sessions done! So very active day for me but not sure I will ride my bike later like I planned. We'll see after dinner...

Good evening!
    Jenny
  • TeresaSavage
    TeresaSavage Posts: 1,506 Member
    Options
    Hello Group!

I wanted everyone to know I'm leaving the group. My exercise goals have changed

Everyone take care & I hope you all the BEST!!! THANKS SANDARA for all your time & commitment
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Is everyone cutting out?

Sorry to see you go Teresa.

I got in my 2 1/2 miles yesterday and did 2 miles today. I still haven't done my ticker.

Jenny, I wish I could spend some time on my yard but I just don't seem to have the time these days.
  • panda742002
    panda742002 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Walked yesterday 1.7, did walk today - My knee sometimes gives me troubles I think it's due to the storms rolling in tonight. Oh well there is always tomorrow.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I am still here Sandy! Just have to post my walks for the week. Bump for now, 84 degrees and about to storm have the go get the dogs!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I'm here but just been busy in the evenings and little time to chat. Last night was Zumba and then I was so tired I went to bed early. Tonight a coworker and I went to see Water for Elephants after work. Got home at 7:00 and then my sister called and that is always an hour or longer phone conversation. So this is my first time to check the boards.

Gardening, cleaning, Zumba and walking at work were my exercises so far this week. Hope to bike and walk this weekend.
    Have a nice day tomorrow!

Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Glad to see some faces here this evening. I did my 2.5 at lunch again today. I'm going to have to go back to my home workouts if it gets any hotter. We hit 90 here today I think. I don't know how Teresa did all that outside walking in the heat. I hate going back to work all sweaty :blushing:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! I only get here in the mornings, though, for the most part. Doing some Yoga for Aches and Pains (Netflix) now--hoping it helps. I have also started back on the glucosamine--don't know why I ever stopped!

I have been really busy now that the weather is FINALLY starting to warm up. Yard work, gardening and working on organizing my jewelry supplies and pieces has been taking up my time after work.

I am averaging 6 miles a day this week so far! I just forget to update my ticker.
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    I have a modest 8 miles for the week so far. :blushing: Have been working on that strength, and oppositional work.:smile:
    Hope to see a change.

Sorry that Teresa delisted me as a friend, I enjoyed her company.:ohwell: Onward and upward! Alice
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I have skipped some days of exercise this week due to being busy. I had Zumba, did gardening and cleaning and a little walking. Tonight I walked 2 brisk miles with Leslie Sansone and did some resistance bands. A good sweat and felt energizing.... I need to be good with exercise this weekend to make up for the week!

Good night and hope you are all well!
    Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    Yay! It's friday! My favorite day of the week. :bigsmile:

Glad to see all of you still here. I haven't been real productive this week but I did get in a few miles even tho I didn't get to walk today. I'm also trying to get back on track with my logging. I haven't been doing that bad but on a gradual slide the wrong way. Just trying to get it in check before it gets out of hand.

It looks like we're in for a little rain here this weekend but then blue skies for a while. I'm still enjoying the outside walking I just need to find the time for a bit more. I'm checking into some zumba classes. I finally found a place that has classes that might work with my schedule. Now if they just have beginner clutz classes I'll be good to go. :laugh:

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sandy you don't have to be good at Zumba just move to the beat. I'm not a good dancer and just do my best but it feels great and is a fun cardio workout. Give it a try if you can!

Well I need to put in a DVD or walk with Leslie so I'll check back later!
    Jenny
  • Lesliet05
    Lesliet05 Posts: 148
    Options
    Got 3 miles in today, still will be glad to get back up to 5 miles at once, working on it
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I found a good workout on Exercise TV, Walking Cardio Shape Up. It was 47 minutes of brisk walking with intervals of weights and strength training exercises mixed in. Dripping sweat by the end but felt good.

Jenny
  • sandara
    Options
    That sounds like a good one Jenny. I'll have to see if it's on any of my channels.

For anyone interested in the WATP dvd's, I just saw the Punch up your Walk kit at our local Wal-Mart. It's an excellent 4 mile workout with weighted gloves. It's one of my favorites. They also had the Walk off more Weight kit with the weighted belt. I'm going to check it out and make sure I don't already have the dvd. I'm glad to see them available again.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Jenny--I have the Walking Cardio Shape Up as a download from exercisetv.tv (I don't get On Demand or any of the exercise channels) and I love it! I'm going to try it again later when I have time. RIght now I am sticking with the shorter workouts I have been finding online. They just fit my current schedule better.

Need to get moving on my plans for today--organizing my room and craft supplies and HOPEFULLY some grocery shopping.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Walkers.

Missed my midweek check-in, but I'm still here... I did the five mile Slim Down today, mostly to catch up on some miles toward my May goal! I missed walks several days this past week. My brother was in town to visit with our dad, who is still getting his chemo treatments. I stopped by my dad's on both Wed and Th, so got home late and didn't walk; then on Saturday I admit I was just too lazy to walk (took a two hour nap Saturday afternoon!).

On a good note, my dad seems well. The chemo really wears him out, but he's been in pretty good spirits. Also, I found out last week that I got that job I was interviewing for (yeah me!); I go in Tuesday to officially sign. I'm so relieved.

Jenny, glad to hear the acupuncture has made a difference for you.

Keep walking, everyone!

exercise.png
  • sandara
    Options
    Congratulations AZ! I"m happy you got the job. I know it must be hard dealing with your Dad but I'm glad he's doing okay. It's hard dealing with family illness, jobs, and doing all this too so your doing great.

Saturday was a lazy day for me too but I made up for it today. We went to another big flea market and walked around for hours (I only spent $1.00) but it's a great way to get some walking in.

Now it's time for another week at work.:sad:
  • AliceLMS
    Options
    AZ, Hooray for the new job, and how wonderful that your Dad maintains his good attitude in such tough times. Bless his heart.

Kathy, wish I was in the craft supplies today. What are your favorite crafts?
    I quit smoking years back. It was so much easier than I thought it was going to be. Did it cause you to gain weight? I was already gaining when I quit. I had broken my nose and decided that if I am going to feel punky when they reset this, I will just quit smoking and get it all over at once. Worked for me!

Sandy hope you enjoyed the flea market, excellent way to do the walk.

I am off to work myself and looking forward to a great day. Will get some walking in later. Strut your stuff :bigsmile: ladies!!!!