May Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I want to try this, but I'm not sure what a good goal would be. Is it just walking? Running? Or any forward movement?? LOL. I have been biking to work regularly, so if I count cycling miles, my goal would have to be set pretty high. If it's walking/running only, I'm a beginning runner, working on Couch to 5K, so the goal would be low!!
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    Walked 4 miles today, the weather is great! Happy walking everyone
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @ Sararuth: You can add cycling miles, just make yourself a ticker and keep it updated. I dunno what a good goal is, I can tell you that the average goal in this thread is about 75 miles per month.

@ Janna: I can't keep track of minutes or calories or any other units. We only count miles or kilometers.

Attached are the results for the April challenge:

image006.jpg
    image008.jpg

You can see the details in the spreadsheet.
  • valj77
    valj77 Posts: 26
    Options
    ill join...ill try for 50 miles
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Bump...

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • tbever
    tbever Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I met my April goal just barely, so I think I will keep the same goal to see if I can do better this time! 50 miles for me in May!!
  • LibbyBelanger
    LibbyBelanger Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi... My first Challenge! I can do 45 miles.. Hoping for 50! :)
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi I'm in again with another 100 miles !!!!! Good Luck All
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    4 miles walked today :smile:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm going to try this with a goal of 150 miles.

I hesitate to even type that, because it seems so high, but I did some calculations between my biking to work and the running for C25K and it seems like a reasonably attainable goal if I keep up with the cycling I have already been doing. Plus, I went for an almost 20 mile ride with a friend today, so I'm already off to a really good start. :)

Off to make my ticker now!
  • TrinityPixie4
    TrinityPixie4 Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm in, I;m going to go for 40 miles this month. Going to go update my Ticker.
  • TrinityPixie4
    TrinityPixie4 Posts: 109
    Options
    Forgot to add that I already did 2 miles today.
  • MissKash
    MissKash Posts: 132
    Options
    this is my first time doing this challenge. Im in for 60 miles this month. lets go mfp!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Got my first 5 miles under my belt!

I don't have any other races planned until May 30th, which is another 5 miler. So I gotta get 65 miles in between now and then. :smile:
  • katiri732
    katiri732 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am in for the first time my goal will be 40 miles, my true hope will be to blow that out of the water! :)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Got some Gardening in...but not counting that towards my challenge exercise, only Just Dance, Treadmill, Elliptical, Wii Fit & Jump Rope and of course regular walking which I do on my lunches. Now that I got some nice weather I should be able to do a lot more outdoorsy stuff! Hello Hiking!

Beginning Weight for 5/1/11 136.5

5/1- Just Dance 2 .. 45 minutes
    5/2
    5/3
    5/4
    5/5
    5/6
    5/7
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Starting the month of May with 7.06 miles walked. Got my game face on!!!!! :angry:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Day 1 down = 1.26 mile walk with the dogs
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    1.67 miles in on the treadmill. Hopefully after the kids go to bed I can get in some more!
  • invisiblerunner23
    Options
    Totally doing this challenge again. Upped my miles by 10. So I am going to try to do 60 miles this month. I went over my goal of 50 last month. I really like this challange.