what type of body dose a guy look for in a girl?

Options

Replies

• Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    There is no one answer to that as guys can find ladies of all shapes and sizes attractive and desireable,it is the person not just what she looks like.

The real question you need to ask is "what do I want in a guy?"
    If you are looking for a fun,exciting bad boy then be prepared to be disappointe d as he is always going to be worthless and shallow.
    If you want a truly nice guy then look for one and he will love you for who you are. :smile:

that's what I use to look for in a guy and.then after I dated 3 of them and and all of them of jerks now I'm looking for th sweet nice and funny guy

Yep, I'm on the hunt for a nice guy myself. lol
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I can't answer your question, but I can tell you this much. I'm 48 and never married - I just haven't found the right guy yet. When I was younger, I was pretty average looking, and I never felt good enough. I wasn't tall enough, thin enough, pretty enough, whatever. Then, in my 40s, I gained weight, and of course, I felt even more inadequate. Last year, I lost the weight and then some, got in the best shape of my life, and I think I look great. My body fat is low and I'm ripped and muscular. So, of course, now guys think I'm gross. Yes, I've actually had guys tell me this to my face.

But you know what? I don't care. For the first time in my life, I'M happy with the way I look. If I wanted to be the ideal woman, I should probably get breast implants and gain about 10 pounds of fluff so I look like those bloated twits the Kardashians. No thanks. If being happy with myself means being alone, then so be it. But I hope there's someone out there who finds my body type attractive. You never know! Do what makes YOU happy, and the rest will take care of itself.

your not gross to me your a strong woman inside and out..... some people are just mean that's why I'm so shy I was teased in school even called me names so I just became depressed and dropped out and after that I got raped three times by 2 fomer boyfriends and now I'm afried of people I just smile and nod and go my way
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    There isn't a specific type of body I've ever looked for in a woman. We all have preferences in certain aspects, but I have never dated strictly to those preferences or likes. It is much more about the person inside. I've dated large women, thin women, tall women, short women, and plenty of smart women (I really like the smart ones). If a guy looks only for a specific type, he is really limiting himself in a big way and will miss out on a lot of great women out there who don't fit somebody's specific type.
  • AniMarieSt
    AniMarieSt Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Who cares what a guy wants? You have to love yourself before anyone else will ever love you.

Exactly!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    You look young. I will say like so many others have said, love yourself, be happy with yourself. Because when you seek a man to make you happy, it will never happen. I wish I realized when I was younger how unimportant other people's opinions of me are. I don't waste my time or energy caring about a person that is not interested in because of my looks, etc. I am aware that I am not every mans "type" and that is ok! I am single, well divorced, so I get how sucky dating can be and I am changing my body but I am doing that for ME! And if I am crazy enough to get involved with someone again, that person will like me for the awesome, cool person I am not my body and or looks.
    Sorry if I rambled on lol.
  • JunkFoodJane
    JunkFoodJane Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    worry about what you want in a man

Yes ;)

Men want different things. Just like you may have friends married to or dating guys you could take or leave. They're individuals looking (hopefully) for other individuals. mine prefers stick thin women, but that's his too bad. He fell in love with me, who fluxes between chubby and athletic. I know I'm not his type, he's even nudged me to consider bleaching my hair, but he doesn't make me feel bad about that.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    20 mg tablet 3 times daily
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ok, here's a different take on what a guy wants...

My husband (planning to be EX) would "gently encourage" me to exercise and lose weight. At my heaviest I was a size 14 (now a 10 and still losing) and well proportioned for 5'6". He is super fit, looks awesome, works out like crazy, etc.
    Then came along "Patti", she is 4'9" at best and round, probably 135lbs. For her height, she is much more overweight than I ever was. Her belly sticks out farther than her boobs (I never had that problem). She wears tight clothes where all her rolls show!

So, what does a guy want?

What he doesn't have!!!!!!!!!!
  • stacimusmax
    Options
    I forgot to mention that my face is much prettier than hers :smile:
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Options
    So, what does a guy want?

What he doesn't have!!!!!!!!!!
    bull puckey! I was married, loyal, loving and faithful for 10 years. She cheated multiple times throughout the marriage. She is now living with some 20 year old. She had her reasons I'm sure but I also know she has begged my forgiveness many times since the divorce. So don't give me the men can't commit crap, neither can women. It's about the individual, every person is different hence the reason we all are attracted to different things. I appreciate a woman who laughs and smiles a lot, one with an intelligence comparable to my own, I like her to be attractive to me (I've endured insults for what I think is attractive) and I'd like for her to be an optimist, finally and most important she needs to be confident in who she is. Nothing worse than a woman who wants constant reassurance that she is attractive.
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Options
    Ps: please don't condemn an entire gender because of one errant jerk, just because I got hurt by a woman doesn't mean they are all like . don't think I'll ever be married again though.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Phew, hard question.

My opinion on this is that people tend to fancy people who are happy in themselves, people who are having fun with life.

When I was single, I'd have phases of seeking a boyfriend and never ever bagged a nice man, only scumbags who could feel the desperateness oozing off of me.

Then when I'd done with the scumbags, and when I couldn't be less interested because I was too busy going dancing or meditating or just having fun by myself then suddenly I'd find myself with several decent admirers. I met my husband during a 'I couldn't care less' phase and he is my Mr Perfect.

My weight and my body shape made no difference really though. And I've been very slim, and very big. Met my husband at my largest size.

I think ultimately what makes a person attractive is how they feel about themselves and the aura that you give off - when you feel good you tend to look after yourself better, and spend more time being relaxed, laughing and being friendly.

x
  • stacimusmax
    Options
    No hard feelings here. Just a little bitter since this is only 2 weeks fresh on my end. I know there are many wonderful men out there who are perfectly happy and attracted to the woman of their dreams.
    My husband IS the man of my dreams. However, he has chosen another path right now. I am just not ready to let him go and he has decided I don't have a choice in the matter.
    Believe it or not, I am hoping and praying for my marriage to be saved and better than it ever was.
    So, here's to all the good men (and women) out there :)
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Options
    No hard feelings here. Just a little bitter since this is only 2 weeks fresh on my end. I know there are many wonderful men out there who are perfectly happy and attracted to the woman of their dreams.
    My husband IS the man of my dreams. However, he has chosen another path right now. I am just not ready to let him go and he has decided I don't have a choice in the matter.
    Believe it or not, I am hoping and praying for my marriage to be saved and better than it ever was.
    So, here's to all the good men (and women) out there :)
    ok sorry, I did not intend to salt the fresh wound. But let me say you don't want him back this mentally doesn't change, if not "Patti" then it will be some other girl. Move on and be happy with yourself, you deserve better than what he'll be offering.
  • Sparkles1991
    Options
    I have agree with everyone else, in my opinion, its the confidence that makes someone attractive.
  • datchick
    datchick Posts: 13
    Options
    I think men, just like women are attracted to a nice fit body, but that will not keep a man or a woman for that matter. It's a bout more than a figure or shape. Besides you can't lose weight or exercise for anyone other than yourself. Do it for you, if you choose.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Who cares what a guy wants? You have to love yourself before anyone else will ever love you.

exactly what i was going to say!

LOVE.
    :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    one with a pulse.........................dont care about shape
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    don't think I'll ever be married again though.

Yeah.. That's what my husband said when I first met him - because of how horrible his ex-wife was to him. You never know...
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    one with a pulse.........................dont care about shape

I didn't have to look to see who posted that one! :happy:

I've had total crappy luck in the dating department, I'm not the most gorgeous but I'm not gargoyle ugly either...I know its down to confidence which i've lacked at fly weight as much as I have lacked at heavy weight. Work on building your confidence and I reckon you'll be well on your way.